Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Pre-Cata Upgrade Discount 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-Cata Upgrade Discount  (Read 14549 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 02:33:07 PM

I think it's more a matter of being green or furry.

Sure I could take any character over to the Draenei area, but it's not the same as being a Draenei.  It'd be like telling you or Ingmar "Sorry, Dwarfs aren't accessible, play something else instead".

I don't care about dwarves being playable or not in games I haven't played since release.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 02:36:01 PM

Eh, if you're talking strictly newbie 1-10, which I was given that's basically the level range for goblin/worgen newbie zones, "same but better" sums it up just about right for everyone but trolls and gnomes. It's after that when it becomes Completely Awesome.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Undead, Troll, and Gnome are all I've done, but each one is pretty markedly different and absolutely fantastic.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 02:37:43 PM

Human, night elf, orc, dwarf, and tauren to a lesser degree are all basically the same, but better. Night elf and orc in particular are same-y same same, just ordered a little better and with some quest text tweaks. I did forget that the Forsaken are pretty different from before, though.

God Save the Horn Players
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 06:20:08 PM

As much as Bloodworth is occasionally insane, I think he's got quite a reasonable point here. While I thought that the $5 prices would stick around for more than a week, I'd expect that BC and LK would now be dropped to even $10 each simply to get people back in and for ease of entry to new players. Keeping them back up at full price is pretty stupid. - though I do expect that they will drop and bundle sometime n the next few months. I guess they're making people pay for the excitement while they're willing to...

(While I missed out on the blink-and-you-missed-it $5 sale for my second account, it's really not a big deal since I'll be transferring that toon over to my main account eventually anyway, and it's still only 45. I just thought I might do some more levelling while it's still seperate, but hey.)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 10:17:26 AM

Eh, if you're talking strictly newbie 1-10, which I was given that's basically the level range for goblin/worgen newbie zones, "same but better" sums it up just about right for everyone but trolls and gnomes. It's after that when it becomes Completely Awesome.  Ohhhhh, I see.

UD 1-10 is fantastic and mostly new stuff.

The 'worst' 1-10s I know of are Human and NE, NE has barely changed, Human has some changes and is alright but not spectacular.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 03:05:45 PM

There's now a 10 day trial with access to all Cataclysm content now (well, as much as you can get with a trial).  New races, starting zones, etc., without paying 80 bucks to upgrade to WotLK.

/downloading now
/not sure if I want to like it or not

Edit: Link here: http://www.slashgear.com/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-10-day-free-trial-released-17120116/
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 03:15:42 PM

I wonder if this will be like the Wrath trial where you can do everything but couldn't level past 71.  You probably won't be able to do more then level to 81..
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 03:28:26 PM

I posted this last week. tongue

It gives you full access.  Can make Worgen and Goblins.  The only restriction is you can not pass level 80 (81 - 1xp).

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Pre-Cata Upgrade Discount  
Jump to: