Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Incarnate system numbers released 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incarnate system numbers released  (Read 8235 times)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

on: November 10, 2010, 08:10:20 PM

Overview: http://goingrogue.na.cityofheroes.com/en/game-info/incarnates/overview.html
I19 Specifics: http://goingrogue.na.cityofheroes.com/en/game-info/incarnates/alpha-slot.html

Basically, you unlock your alpha slot by running a story arc, then gain crafting materials from TFs and other activities, then craft your alpha slot ability. Then grind more mats to level your ability up.

The alpha slot abilities work as an additional enhancement that affects all your powers; the first one you make will provide a global bonus to either endurance reduction, damage, accuracy, or recharge. Then as you reach higher tiers they start providing bigger bonuses to more things (so you can eventually get global bonuses to control, defense, etc.).

Damage and recharge seem to be the way to go for most characters. I have one gimmick build in Mid's that would benefit a ton from the accuracy but but otherwise it seems that the only reason to take that is for the control bonuses down the line. The end redux might be useful but my intuition is that you'd get more benefit from just slotting for end redux normally and taking the damage or recharge alpha.

Still, lots of possibilities (well, eight ultimately) to mull over. Still trying to figure out the best way to get a little extra survivability on my stalker. Most likely it will be by taking the recharge alpha and then reslotting my LotGs rather than taking any of the alphas that directly increase survivability.

edit: the spiritual core paragon bonuses are making me really wish I had a /regen.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:53:51 PM

My complaint in the GoRo beta that the alpha slot was too heavily dependent on grinding content existing players had already ground out remains mostly in tact, I see.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:35:14 AM

Is this something existing characters get?  I thought the boosts from IOs and sets were already pretty large.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 07:59:32 AM

Is this something existing characters get?  I thought the boosts from IOs and sets were already pretty large.
Did I mention the high-tier bonuses also bump you up a combat level, making you effectively 51? Yeah. Definitely going to be soloing the ITF - on a stalker - after this goes live.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:54:32 AM

Yes. The plan would be for existing lvl 50s to be able to get very powerful with an Alpha enhancement, but then also offer content that was built with these bonuses in mind.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 05:25:49 PM

I19 is in open beta, which I've been playing most of the day. Some notes:
- Only the first two tiers listed on that webpage are actually available; the other two will open up in I20.
- The alpha boosts are easy to get, if you're willing to team. The slot is unlocked through a soloable story arc, and I had my first boost slotted after a single Lady Grey TF. Two more TFs should get me my uncommon upgrade.
- The shards used as the basis for crafting have the same chance to drop for each player regardless of team size. This is bad because it makes solo farming for shards dreadfully slow, but good because it provides an incentive for TF teams to do non-speed runs.
- The new TF I tried (there are two) took about an hour and was filled with level 54s, many of which were AVs. Players who do not have alpha boosts slotted get arbitrarily debuffed by 4 combat levels. Aside from that random cockblock, it was mostly well done, and the encounters actually had some mechanics more interesting than "overcome a crapton of regen", including one that involved not standing in a giant red circle. Fortunately, WoW has made me a pro at not standing in giant red circles. And I thought all that raiding was useless!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Incarnate system numbers released  
Jump to: