Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cracks starting to show? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cracks starting to show?  (Read 552580 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2800 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:17 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2801 on: November 22, 2011, 03:27:52 PM

Any attempt to improve the game is an admission that they are hemorrhaging cash, duh.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2802 on: November 22, 2011, 04:04:28 PM

Resilience as a base stat is also not news, that was announced quite a while ago.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #2803 on: November 23, 2011, 05:23:09 AM

This part of the blue post:
"PvP gear will be as useful for PvE, as PvE gear will be for PvP"

If they are willing to admit the whole PVP gear concept is flawed then just scale or damage by ability  BGs and be done with it.  All they're doing is encourage the AFK BG gear acquisition concept.  Making high level crafted armor with increased ilvl for more resilience with the last PVP season was their current attempt to keep new entrants from being instagibbed.  I guess they found out few people bothered to make it.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2804 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:03 AM

you're reading that wrong. "PvP gear will be as useless for PvE, as PvE gear will be for PvP"

That's what he means. Same as it is now.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2805 on: November 23, 2011, 08:14:45 AM

Yeah, what he said.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2806 on: December 18, 2011, 02:31:12 PM

Used the Raid Finder today for the first time.

It was good, but with only 2 raids and the gear levels being kinda 'eh' it was a little underwhelming.  The raids themselves were utterly clownshoes, of course, with the only 'riding Deathwing' being of terrible interest.

Why on Earth they didn't put more of the lower raids on there I'll never know.

(Yes, I understand the reasons given, but they're shite.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2807 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:43 PM

The real reason is effort. What would be the point of, for example, making a nerfed FL available through LFR that dropped gear that's WORSE than what you can get from the new 5m zones? In MoP it will be better because the system will have existed for the entirety of the expansion and thus all raids will be supported, but until then I can't blame them for not re-tuning old content that drops obsolete gear.

However, as a counter-point it would be nice to be able to queue for previous expansion raids at max level for mogging purposes (which is something I'm certain they will never allow).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2808 on: December 19, 2011, 01:37:08 AM

I'm not talking about my level 85k, geared chaps, so much.  I just have a lot of chars who can't use the raid finder, can't yet get into the new instances and are building on the cusp of gear.  It'd be nice to go into a wee random raid to solve that problem.

It'd also be nice to go raiding with lower level chaps.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2809 on: December 19, 2011, 01:53:42 AM

Why didn't you like Dragon Soul? Just curious, I personally think it's one of the better dungeons they've done as far as fight mechanics go. No gimmick boss is a big deal for me, hoping it can become a standard  Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, there are mechanics missing from LFR, but that's more true for Spine than any of the other fights :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2810 on: December 19, 2011, 01:54:05 AM

What do you mean by "gimmick boss"?

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2811 on: December 19, 2011, 02:03:46 AM

Rhyolith is the epitome of a gimmick boss, to a lesser extent stuff like Alys' flying bit, baleroc healing mechanic, chimeron and to a much lesser extent Atramedes.

It's a boss where they feel the need to introduce an "external" mechanic to what's already in the game, to make it "interesting". And in most cases, that mechanic turns out to be just incredibly un-fun for the people that have to deal with it. The more it changes the way you play your class normally, the more frustrating it is. Which is why I don't consider Ultraxion or Madness to be gimmicky, even if they should probably be defined as such.

What I consider interesting encounter design is something like Morchok heroic and Yor'Sahj heroic.

At 90% Morchok splits in two and spawns his twin Kohcrom, the second one repeats everything Morchok does, a couple of seconds later. Additionally stomp increases damage taken by stomp by a ton, so you have to split your raid in two and deal with them as two separate bosses.

Yor'sahj, in addition to everything doing more damage, of course, spawns 4 blobs. That's cool. It presents you with options, and the fight changes dramatically depending on how you chose to deal with that and the loadout you have available. You can kill it in many different ways.

What I consider retarded encounter design is Baleroc heroic. Where unless you do the fight post-nerf, you're more or less forced into a two paladin setup, as they're the best class to deal with the added mechanic of the fight and you need to do it in a 2 healer 1 tank composition, because of the DPS recuirement. That's not a fun fight.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:14:52 AM by Wolf »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2812 on: December 19, 2011, 02:05:43 AM

So it is just code for 'a mechanic I don't personally like'?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2813 on: December 19, 2011, 02:10:18 AM

Why didn't you like Dragon Soul?

Story was a mess, zones were obvious 'THIS WAY TO BOSS', fights were (and I hate to go all Rokal) kinda easy and unchallenging.

As I said, Riding Deathwing was actually the highlight, mostly because it made a little sense and was an interesting fight that I enjoyed.  The rest of it, not so much.  Hitting Deathwing in the overgrown Nails to, I dunno, Drown him ?  was just silly.  It all was a bit of a mess.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2814 on: December 19, 2011, 02:28:21 AM

Yeah you could say that, or you could use my definition of the change to how your character normally plays and the extent of that change - I could live with Alys normal, I had to drink painkillers on Alys heroic from staring at the screen too much and I'm not even joking. Orange rings, Orange clouds, fat ass Orange birds that block your field of vision all set on a backdrop of an orange sky. Yeah that wasn't much fun.

And say what you will but Rhyolith is a straight gimmick. It worked differently every week, was sraight up broken for 3 weeks to the point where we'd one shot it one week and wipe 15 times the next, call the raid and proceede to 1 shot it the next night - absolutely the same loadout. It just wouldn't turn one evening, or would turn very weirdly. By the time we started doing heroic we had a decent handle on how the driving worked, and our driver hated the boss in its guts and wanted to stab whoever designed it every single week :)

Actually the more I think about it the only fights in firelands I don't have much issues with are beth, domo and shannox. It was a shit instance. With way too much trash.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:31:35 AM by Wolf »

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2815 on: December 19, 2011, 11:38:38 AM

I'd definitely categorize Ultraxion and Madness as gimmick fights. Even Spine was pretty gimmicky. That said, the other 'gimmick' fights you listed were my favorite fights from each of the raid zones they were in. To each his own.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2816 on: December 19, 2011, 05:08:48 PM

I unironically like Mimiron for some reason despite the fact like 90% of the shit he did instantly killed you.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2817 on: December 20, 2011, 04:00:39 PM

Because he has an awesome remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hWPFigaqk

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2818 on: January 07, 2012, 06:52:54 AM

True 'dat, spambot.  True 'dat.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2819 on: January 07, 2012, 11:52:07 AM

If I'd not seen the deleted message, I'd be feeling a little offended.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #2820 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:58 AM

That's one determined spambot.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2821 on: January 11, 2012, 08:38:11 AM

I like that Cataclysm is too boring is a catchphrase along with WOW is still best ever!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2822 on: January 11, 2012, 08:58:16 AM

But transmogrify has made my wee Belf Paladin look cool as utter fuck.

Until you run into all the other Belfs wearing the same fucking gear.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2823 on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:09 AM

I was pretty excited about all the transmog sets I was using until MMO champion released 'most common transmog' statistics that revealed I was the least creative person ever.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2824 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:49 AM

OOOooo, Link ?

I fear I'm in there.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2825 on: January 11, 2012, 09:12:53 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2826 on: January 11, 2012, 10:21:08 AM

Haven't done Hunters, eh?

My DK is one of the crowd with his blue starter gear, but to be expected since they have so few choices and they're all pretty thematic.

My Mage
My Hunter

My Warrior and Rogue never showed up in the Armory with their changes.  The gear shows as transmog'd but doesn't show the right textures.  I imagine because I'd /quit instead of /camped and never logged back in when my sub lapsed.

The Rogue's in a leather harness w/ shortpants and the Warrior is rocking a set of Glorious armor.   Oh, sluttank.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2827 on: January 11, 2012, 10:49:36 AM

I don't think they've done hunters or shaman yet. I'm pretty sure hunter (like paladin) would be very predictable. I'd be curious to see Shaman though, since it feels like their sets haven't really ever had universal appeal among the community.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:59:09 AM by Rokal »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2828 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:39 AM

I'm a special snowflake (until everyone grinds out the faire gear...)

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2829 on: January 11, 2012, 10:55:45 AM

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2830 on: January 11, 2012, 11:01:24 AM

My Hunter

I always liked the look of the shoulder armor (from Wrath), so I built out the whole matching set.

Except for the goggles and the bow, which are both from Engineering.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2831 on: January 11, 2012, 01:58:42 PM

I wouldn't be a special snowflake as a paladin but I am as a DK.
(Except probably not, as I'd imagine that faux-Judgement is still pretty high up there).

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #2832 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:26 AM

I was pretty excited about all the transmog sets I was using until MMO champion released 'most common transmog' statistics that revealed I was the least creative person ever.

I was initially pretty stoked over transmog as well. The first night I tweaked my T12 so I (finally!) got rid of that friggin' chainmal ballgown. Then won the T13 chest and was right back where I started.

Of course, after looking around a bit, I noticed that most everyone was transmogging to a couple of basic themes. Oh well. I still like the idea of it, but have relegated it to fixing particularily stupid looking weapons or armor bits. Presently, I'm just your normal T13 wearing/NK wielding shaman.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2833 on: January 15, 2012, 11:02:45 AM

I'm hoping it's something they're expand on in MoP. Making sure that there is a variety of armor styles you can get while leveling that might actually be worth using for transmog at level cap. I liked the Wrath armor 'set' styles from quest rewards, but there was basically one set of matching armor for every armor type and that was it for 10 levels. We'll also probably see purely cosmetic armor as reputation/end-game rewards, so that might also give people reason to spread out beyond the 2-3 sets per class that everyone is currently using.

It's also entirely possible that they will do very little to expand cosmetic armor options because, hey: it's Blizzard. I mean, did you see Dragon Soul?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2834 on: January 15, 2012, 02:31:52 PM

Most people seem to have pretty terrible taste.  I didn't think I would care about something like this but I frequently catch myself looking at someone and shaking my head.  I almost wish they had restricted it to tier sets because of how terrible these people look.

All the annoying "bikini" girls are getting tiresome too.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cracks starting to show?  
Jump to: