Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:09:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: No Ordinary Family 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Ordinary Family  (Read 4755 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

on: November 01, 2010, 05:20:43 AM

No Ordinary Family Episode 1 minute Sneak Peak

Anyone else watching this?  Live action version of the incredibles movie.

The show centers on the Powells, a typical American family whose members gain special abilities after their plane crash lands in the Amazon River.

Michael Chiklis (The shield) and Julie Benz (Dexter's ex wife), pilot was pretty good.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:18 AM

I've been watching for a few episodes now. I'm kind of iffy on it. I find the kids whiny and annoying and it's a little too "preachy after-school special" in its attitudes. There are fun parts though. I like the two sidekicks.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:23:06 PM

It's ... okay. I keep watching hoping they tighten it up a bit and make me actually give a shit about the characters. That and make up their minds about the limits of Chiklis' powers. One minute he's launching himself across downtown LA. The next, he can't jump up a building.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:29:53 AM

Was an interesting idea but the first few episodes haven't really lived up to the pilot.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 07:52:51 AM

There's too much to balance. They've got a police department, two teenagers' worth of school drama, and Julie Benz' scientific corporation of comic-book science. And her black-hat boss who eerily resembles a pastor from the WB. Plus the two awesome sidekicks. Even in an hour show, that's a lot of stuff to keep track of.

Oh and oh yeah, Mom and Dad have super powers that require some level of special effects cgi, and are the real reason anyone is tuned into this show in the first place. Are the writers up to it? I think we'd know by now if they were.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 01:25:09 PM

Interesting idea, totally shit execution, lots of flabby writing. Only Chiklis' subplot is any good.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 04:13:13 PM

Losing interest in this show.  Chiiklis is great but the kids plots skew a bit young for me.  Wifey's cheerful-chipmunk assistant makes my blood sugar skyrocket.  A little too much 'OMG we must keep teh family togethor!' as well from the hot but naggy wife.  I do like her tight button-up shirts though.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 12:16:34 PM

I'm about two episodes behind, but I've liked it. It certainly hasn't descended into Heroes' level of stupid, but there are some parts that need some resolution. At some point, there has to be a reveal to the general public about super powers, and there really needs to be some thought put into masking Chiklis' face. It's a lot better than I could have expected.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:52:24 PM

This show delivers. A great show? No. Not even as good as the walking dead. Buts its a good show for its slot and genre.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 03:21:03 PM

IMO, the last few episodes have improved greatly and the show has found its footing. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't get a second season.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:09 PM

It's not my favorite but it's a solid little show.  Not as good as Heroes was when it started, but miles ahead of what that show sunk to.  It's also light years better than The Cape.

Over and out.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 06:54:30 PM

Season 1 heroes didn't get any kinda of epic till they introduced future hiro.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 10:18:45 AM

Recent episode had Lucy Lawless introduced as a definite recurring character. I lol'd at the beginning when Jim made a reference to watching a marathon of Spartacus.  awesome, for real

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: No Ordinary Family  
Jump to: