Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #2 ** (Over! We have a winner!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #2 ** (Over! We have a winner!)  (Read 135910 times)
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:32 PM

Let's just say that didn't go well for the high elves.   ACK!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #421 on: December 13, 2010, 07:37:12 PM

Pointy Teeth Squad 2 - 0 Pointy Hat Squad

Attrition started taking it's toll on both teams, but it seems I lucked out and Proudft's team fell apart faster.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: December 13, 2010, 07:40:04 PM

Never trust and elf.  Heartbreak

Thanks for a great season, I look forward to the next.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #423 on: December 14, 2010, 12:18:07 AM

So, Group B is done: Strazos ranked 1st, and Megrim 2nd.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: December 14, 2010, 08:23:13 AM

Pointy Teeth Squad 2 - 0 Pointy Hat Squad

Oi!

I need replay of this!

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:56 PM

Okay, emailed. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of the Strazos & Llyse game. Fingers crossed they kill one another!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: December 15, 2010, 04:49:23 AM

Disaster- Alive Not Dead crashed out just as we started my game vs him - I waited the 5 minutes and got back to lobby to find out his game has crashed- the server gave me the win.

Can you cancel the game so we can replay it Friday night 7pm AEST?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: December 15, 2010, 05:22:13 AM

Yes I can cancel it. I am doing it now, so you can try again whenever you feel like.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #428 on: December 15, 2010, 01:34:10 PM

Apologies for the delay guys.

The match is scheduled this Friday 7pm GMT +11 and I will be restarting everything related to my Victory box to ensure I get to re-enact bad twilight teenage werewolf on vampire action.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: December 15, 2010, 02:07:03 PM

Everyone play! So we can wrap up this SHITTY tournament and advance to Season 3!

Am I bitter? O am I? AM I?!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #430 on: December 15, 2010, 06:00:23 PM

Erm, I am confused - who am I supposed to play? I thought I was supposed to play the second-ranked team of division A...?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: December 15, 2010, 06:25:45 PM

Everyone play! So we can wrap up this SHITTY tournament and advance to Season 3!

WOO SEASON THREE!   awesome, for real

I don't care if I'm 500 TV behind, I'm picking another damn team.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: December 15, 2010, 06:41:14 PM

Erm, I am confused - who am I supposed to play? I thought I was supposed to play the second-ranked team of division A...?

Div A hasn't finished yet. Because they are slow. And bad. We have to wait until this round is played out, then onto the semis.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: December 15, 2010, 06:52:48 PM

Yep, so if I lose to Comstar you'll play me otherwise you'll get to beat yet another Amazon team into the ground.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Are you that eager to get knocked out in the semi's Megrim?  why so serious?

Question, so how does the playoffs get scheduled?

Will blood bowl schedule those matches or does that require another mechanism?
Strazos

Reply #434 on: December 15, 2010, 07:05:21 PM

Ah, I thought Div A finished first.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: December 15, 2010, 08:25:35 PM

Going to let Teleku recap this one. My recollection is hazy and diminished by the miasma of tears and desperation, and the the shadows of dark things.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #436 on: December 15, 2010, 08:40:54 PM

Welp, finally had a good game.   awesome, for real

Was up 4-0 by turn 11.  A mixture of some lucky rolls on my side, and a few blunders on Ezrast's side, let me carry it.  Though, of course, since God Hates Elves, by the 2nd half I was down a shit ton of players to knock outs and injuries (BUT NOBODY DIED THIS GAME!  ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!).  Unable to really defend and forced to try some crazy maneuvers to stop the ball, he rolled me for 2 TD's in the last quarter of the game.

Here's the replay if you want to see some fancy wardancer action (whom scored all 4 TD's):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41488/files/Replay_2010-12-15_19-08-38.db

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: December 17, 2010, 01:19:55 AM

A 1-1 draw for the top 2 teams of Group A. The more highly skilled necromantic team controlled the first half after a failed Amazon pass, but got overconfident in the 2nd half, and once they ran out of rerolls first, made several mistakes that resulted in a draw.

However, one of the Amazon star Blitzers with Guard was killed, and another one out for the next game...meaning the Necromantic team is in the box seat for the semi-final and I am expecting them to cruise to victory to get to the Final.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: December 17, 2010, 03:52:24 AM

All validated!
Send me replay if you haven't yet. Can't wait to see the match.

Only 1 game to go (Xuri vs. Ruvaldt) and then Playoffs, and then Season #3!

Playoff is:

Llyse vs. Megrim
Strazos vs. Comstar

You should all remember that the winnar will get a $20 Steam Gift Certificate  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:54:23 AM by Falconeer »

Strazos

Reply #439 on: December 17, 2010, 05:16:48 PM

Wait, I've been playing for actual prizes this whole? awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: December 17, 2010, 05:48:04 PM

It has been in the OP all this time. And still is, just under the spoiler tag.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: December 18, 2010, 06:39:00 AM

I just watched the replay of the Llyse vs. Comstar match and it didn't disappoint. Despite a certain dominance of Llyse's undead, Comstar actually went very close to winning it in the second half (and losing it in the last 2 turns). My comment is that despite the tie, Llyse's team really seems unsinkable. Good development, quick, violent players, 6 wins and 1 tie in regular season, I think he's undeniably the favourite for the final prize at this point.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: December 18, 2010, 07:38:09 AM

I saw a copy of Blood bowl in the shops yesterday. If I got that could I participate in season 3 or is there a special edition I have to download? (Sorry for threadjack)

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: December 18, 2010, 08:21:03 AM

No worries about threadjacks at all, especially when they are about participating. Sadly, you need the Legendary Edition. Most of the budget versions you see in stores are Regular Edition, which wouldn't let you play with us. Legenday though is worth every penny, with 20 races (9 in Regular) and plenty other fixes and improvements.

Strazos

Reply #444 on: December 18, 2010, 01:57:31 PM

So who was feeding Llyse this season? swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: December 18, 2010, 02:10:04 PM

Ruvaldt told me there's a chance he and Xuri won't be able to play their final match. We will be waiting until the 21 (included) unless they both officially tell me otherwise, but in the meantime I suggest:

Strazos and Comstar
Megrim and Llyse

to start planning their game for December 22nd. With a bit of luck, we could have out Super(blood)Bowl right before Christmas. But that's up to you. The 9 days rule stays up, no matter what.

Strazos

Reply #446 on: December 18, 2010, 05:10:27 PM

I'm going on travel on the 23rd, not back until at least some point on the 27th, possibly not available until the 28th.

Fear the Backstab!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: December 18, 2010, 05:25:20 PM

There's really no hurry after all. No pressure.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: December 18, 2010, 05:34:02 PM

Ruvaldt told me there's a chance he and Xuri won't be able to play their final match. We will be waiting until the 21 (included) unless they both officially tell me otherwise, but in the meantime I suggest:

Strazos and Comstar
Megrim and Llyse

to start planning their game for December 22nd. With a bit of luck, we could have out Super(blood)Bowl right before Christmas. But that's up to you. The 9 days rule stays up, no matter what.

No pressure Straz, but for everyone else they'll be ablke to see Alive not Dead play Morsel as soon as the the last Division A game is played.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: December 18, 2010, 06:15:38 PM

No worries about threadjacks at all, especially when they are about participating. Sadly, you need the Legendary Edition. Most of the budget versions you see in stores are Regular Edition, which wouldn't let you play with us. Legenday though is worth every penny, with 20 races (9 in Regular) and plenty other fixes and improvements.

Heh. Ok... (checks) oooh its available on impulse. Cha ching!  Woot!

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: December 18, 2010, 07:00:18 PM

Good, Sir T. Get on the Steam f13 Bloodbowlers Group. I'd love to play a "friendly" bloodbath match with you.

P.S: Any reason you got it on Impulse instead of Steam?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: December 19, 2010, 02:42:46 AM

I haven't got it yet. Due to christmas madness my credit card is maxed till next week.  Ohhhhh, I see.

As for impulse vs steam, I have not had one good experience with steam. I don't like the interface, its too resource heavy and you cant shut it down to free up resources on your machine, and the nail in the coffin was when I has the disk for Supreme Commander 2 and steam still forced me to still download the game. And no there was no option to stop it, I looked, and the only solution given in the official forums was disabling keys in the registry. At best steam is annoying and at worst its maddening. Impulse however has a nice clean interface, its not as resource heavy and you can shut it off once the game is loaded. Plus it doesn't force you to download new patches till you are ready, another 'interesting feature' of steam. However I may use Gamersgate for Bloodbowl for other reasons.

That said if I have to use the steam version to play with you guys (which knowing steam is probably the case) I'll get it from steam.

Hic sunt dracones.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: December 19, 2010, 02:47:44 AM

As long as it's Legendary edition, it doesn't matter where you bought it.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:33 AM

Ruvaldt had to concede his game with Xuri due to being out for the holidays and not having access to a computer that lets him play the game. I advanced the game to the Playoffs, and as of now you can all play your semi-finals games!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: December 19, 2010, 05:47:39 AM

Eeek, the only thing worse than a Dwarf team with nothing but tackle would be a Norse team with nothing but tackle!

The Amazon's will start the game 1 girl down. Though I got a +1AG linesman, my new+1ST Blitzer is out injured. One my other blitzes was killed ikn the game vs the Necromantic's and the team with all block has more players than the team with all dodge.

If I could bet on the outcome of this semi-final, I'd put money on the Norse team.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #2 ** (Over! We have a winner!)  
Jump to: