Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2017, 11:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fish Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fish Tanks  (Read 35713 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #350 on: July 17, 2017, 12:13:53 PM

I didn't even know that people put jellyfish in tanks like that.  It's very cool and outer space spooky looking.  I love it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #351 on: July 17, 2017, 01:00:11 PM

I am not an expert on a jellyfish tank; however, I have done quite a bit of research on it.   It was my understanding that you really didn't want to put anything on the bottom since it interferes with the waterflow necessary to keep the jellyfish suspended in the water column.   You might want to reconsider the choice of putting substrate in the bottom of that.   

The substrate is there specifically to keep the water flow partially obstructed so the jellyfish don't get sucked into it.  Some models have a sort of grate over the intake to serve that function, but this one just has it open and they give you bags of substrate to cover it up.

"Nice attempted blast about my "drinking".  I do enjoy a nice cuppa, but that is because I am a bon vivant of gregarious nature and cheery disposition." - Ab
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #352 on: July 19, 2017, 12:27:16 AM

One week in -- one jellyfish perished of some bizarre jellyfish wasting disease (it just quickly shrank until there was nothing left).   ACK!

Other two seem fine, so whatever it was doesn't seem to have been contagious.  One is very active and fun to watch as it jets around, the other appears to be comatose and just drifts in circles without exerting any effort (it doesn't seem to be withering or injured, though, and I can see food ending up in its stomach at feeding time, so I'm pretty sure it's alive and healthy).

"Nice attempted blast about my "drinking".  I do enjoy a nice cuppa, but that is because I am a bon vivant of gregarious nature and cheery disposition." - Ab
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fish Tanks  
Jump to: