Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: IPY Beta starts Nov. 1 - Can They Deliver? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IPY Beta starts Nov. 1 - Can They Deliver?  (Read 49824 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: October 09, 2010, 01:57:15 PM

The list of features on the website is interesting.  Already got my forum name created - this could be interesting.

http://www.inporylem.com/

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:04:04 AM

I fully endorse this thread.

Until it becomes ugly.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:12:15 PM

Interesting. They had me until they called it "Sosaria." /NERRRRRDRAAAAAAGE

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:58:09 PM

mmm, Pirates.  Heart

This should be interesting. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 04:38:20 PM

Pirates Without Trammel, even.

Should be VERY interesting.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 07:30:24 PM

I'm totally going to make a detective, because I like exploring weird crap like that.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:09:46 PM

Detectives are actually quite straight forward. I actually just buffed them too, so they might be totally OP.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:39 PM

I want that funky hat that Sherlock Holmes wore in the old BBC series!

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 09:37:07 AM

How about I sell you the Detectives Booster Pack.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:47 AM

When beta starts I'll see if I can get a few friends to try it out with me.

We really should have an f13 and friends POWER GUILD :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 04:21:38 PM

When beta starts I'll see if I can get a few friends to try it out with me.

We really should have an f13 and friends POWER GUILD :)

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 09:14:06 PM

How about I sell you the Detectives Booster Pack.

Does it come with hat?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:57 AM

Will RAZOR work with this?  Will there be mounts?

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:11 PM

A: Yes (Unfortunately) / No (Pending a reworking of mounts)

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 07:05:11 PM

They are bringing back the old IPY server that had gone down?  I have heard very good thigns about that server!  I wonder if they will allow macroing?  Because I have a mean as all hell mining macro to help me get my ingots so I can get my blacksmithing and such up.  Assuming it works of course.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:19:58 PM by Chinchilla »

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:26 AM

Macroing is ok. Resource gathering macros aren't. It's actually Azaroth's server....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 09:13:24 PM

Very awesome that its going to be a server from someone who posts here.  The website is very awesome.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:44 PM

Only 1 feature has been posted and it has already been torn to shreds and rewritten.

I don't think it will deliver. It will be competing with EA's official classic shard. While EA's shard will cost money, it won't have an administrator restart every time he dies.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:19 PM

awesome, for real

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 03:40:43 PM

Facepalm

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:36 PM

Oh Christ he found other forums.  

edit.  I feel the need to defend the original Az player run shard.  First - it was more stable then the EA platform.  Second - it had about as many players as ANY EA shard logged in and playing.  Mind you, I realize it was free, but still good to note.  Third - It was incredible in many, many, many different ways and innovative to the point that some of the key mechanics have been "borrowed" and are still in use on other player shards.

These are facts.  Suck it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:01:17 PM by Cheddar »

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 04:06:01 PM

Someone lure it into Politics.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 04:24:55 PM

If you're going to post as if the dev is not in fact a regular poster here, after several of us have played his earlier work, and have already preferred it to EA, maybe you should...fuck I dunno how to finish that. Keep pretending you're a regular around here, with your "I've been registered for years!!!" creds. It amuses me.

Edit: Heh. It looks like I was responding to Soulflame. That amuses me too!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 05:41:22 PM

Wow, I just make one joke and it goes off the wall. It is a good thing I held back the crack about the server dying due to a car accident, talk about stability.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 05:47:33 PM

Wow, I just make one joke and it goes off the wall. It is a good thing I held back the crack about the server dying due to a car accident, talk about stability.

This is definitely WUA.  No one else would be this detail oriented.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 05:53:59 PM

I dunno, does WUA do the "LOL jk jk ppl R to srs LOL" thing?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 05:58:08 PM

I dunno, does WUA do the "LOL jk jk ppl R to srs LOL" thing?

On his alt, WAU.

jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 06:04:02 PM

Oh shoot, I just remembered that Company of Heroes developer who died not too long ago. That car accident joke was in poor taste, I apologize.

But still, you say EA shards are less stable than a free shard which had an administrator who restarted it after getting PKed and then going offline permanently due to being damaged in a car accident while being moved, what a joke. Here is a fact: EA shards have never been wiped in 13 years. IPY lasted what, a couple months? And didn't it get wiped once or twice during that time?

No free shard has offered anywhere close to what EA does in stability.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 06:10:24 PM

Oh shoot, I just remembered that Company of Heroes developer who died not too long ago. That car accident joke was in poor taste, I apologize.

But still, you say EA shards are less stable than a free shard which had an administrator who restarted it after getting PKed and then going offline permanently due to being damaged in a car accident while being moved, what a joke. Here is a fact: EA shards have never been wiped in 13 years. IPY lasted what, a couple months? And didn't it get wiped once or twice during that time?

No free shard has offered anywhere close to what EA does in stability.

Give it up.  We know you are Windup Atheist.  Took us a minute... "jcbuilder"... comeon... Jesus Christ Builder.  I retract my hello thread statement, resolve your dementia.

edit. I willl fall for one of your baits.  Az shard didn't have to go to downtime EVERY SINGLE DAY.  For an hour or two.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:12:04 PM by Cheddar »

jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 06:48:38 PM

edit. I willl fall for one of your baits.  Az shard didn't have to go to downtime EVERY SINGLE DAY.  For an hour or two.
EA shards haven't had downtime lasting over 30 minutes in 8 years. Downtime is usually about 20 minutes. It has to be daily because a lot of stuff depends on it, such as plant growth. A shard can run for days or weeks without downtime as they have done with Test Center.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 07:21:48 PM

edit. I willl fall for one of your baits.

I don't recommend it. Either this person is copypasting from another troll on my blog or it's the same troll.

I've got no real doubt it's the same troll.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:44:52 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 09:10:20 PM

NO! I refuse to believe it.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 12:45:42 AM

FYI this guy is not a fake account, he's also not a troll (at least not a troll in the sense of just faking interest in what he's talking about, he really is interested).
http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=19908.msg854337#msg854337
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 12:58:30 AM

What the hell guys, you really think I'd create a sockpuppet account just to troll?

This lamely, I mean?

In a freeshard thread in a Graveyard forum only like five people ever read?

I'm insulted!  awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 08:59:32 AM

Don't defend EA. Look what they have done to UO over the years. Trammel, Ninjas, elves, neon shit, stupid scrolls, other assorted horseshit.

Good luck Az

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: IPY Beta starts Nov. 1 - Can They Deliver?  
Jump to: