Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: New Champions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Champions  (Read 29027 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 06:28:55 PM

I disagree. I really don't see how she can be a carry, but I can see her as very good support. Her shield doesn't bounce magic like Morgana's, but it absorbs a comparable amount of raw damage, and can aoe as well. It scales with ap nicely too, so it's not completely useless lategame. The fan spray's damage is fairly eh, but it's a percentage heal with the Karma bonus, so it's lategame utility is amazing.

The snare is really good. Come on, Morgana's and Lux's snares are way harder to land and are both one-way use. Karma can speed boost teammates to chase or slow fleeing opponents and deal good damage (once again, the damage on the slow beam scales nicely as well) with good positioning, to multiple targets. Ok, so it doesn't actually stop people like a stun or a snare would, but you can't have everything.

* Edit:

Also, holy hell, I just loaded the new lobby ui for the first time. What in the nine hells is this crap?  swamp poop
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:32:27 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 03:21:45 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 07:04:37 AM

He can nuke points in dominion from the speed boost areas....nope nothing wrong there.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 07:50:41 AM

That range is fucking ridiculous, especially with how short those cooldowns looked.

Plus he gets armor from AP?

At least this might mean that Rammus might lose his spot on the instant ban list for Dominion :D

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 08:26:57 AM

He looks like another set piece caster, not a skirmisher.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 05, 2011, 08:39:45 AM

That range is fucking ridiculous, especially with how short those cooldowns looked.

Plus he gets armor from AP?

At least this might mean that Rammus might lose his spot on the instant ban list for Dominion :D

Yeah, the ult looks like unmodified 40s CD at rank 3. So 24s at full CDR. Yikes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 08:57:04 AM

Holy shit, that range is CRAZY.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:24 AM

Funny thing is kogs ult still has more range but watching some streams xerath looks pretty nifty. Less range than kog but his stun gives him a bit more reliable escape potential.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:30 AM

Three shots rather than one though, and it looks like you get fractionally less warning that you are about to be nuked with Xerath than Kog

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 05, 2011, 10:39:47 AM

Kog ult also takes a lot of mana to spam and since it is based on AP doesn't scale if you build Kog for auto-attack damage. By the end of the game most beefier chars can just completely ignore Kog ult.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 10:42:13 AM

Hm. Boring particle effects.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 01:49:03 PM

Hm. Boring particle effects.

That's my primary thought so far as well, that and he is pretty weak. Giving up your solo AP caster slot to a guy who doesn't do huge burst and needs to hide somewhere and make himself immobile is a recipe for not seeing any play at higher levels would be my guess.

Also he looks very small in-game, puny and dumb, very disappointing after how cool his out of game art looked.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 01:49:30 PM

Kog ult also takes a lot of mana to spam and since it is based on AP doesn't scale if you build Kog for auto-attack damage. By the end of the game most beefier chars can just completely ignore Kog ult.

Actually, both AD and AP apply towards it:
Spell Summary
Kog'Maw fires artillery from a great distance. After a short delay, the artillery falls dealing (80/120/160) (+(0.5 per attack damage point)) (+(0.5 per ability power point)) magic damage and reveals targets for 4 seconds (deals 150% bonus damage to Champions).

I play Kog quite a bit, and only build AD/AS now.  I can confirm it scales well even in long games.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 02:18:01 PM

I haven't tried him in dominion but Xerith's abilities don't do alot of dmg. I played a SR and got a full combo off on an ashe (e stun enabler > Q lighting nuke > ulty three times) and she still got away with like half hp. Though I don't have a full set of ap caster runes yet so that could be it.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 02:21:04 PM

Kog'maw's Lion Dance skin looks fantastic though, and has great spell effects. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg, but it's my favorite legendary skin they've done.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 04:58:20 PM

I haven't tried him in dominion but Xerith's abilities don't do alot of dmg. I played a SR and got a full combo off on an ashe (e stun enabler > Q lighting nuke > ulty three times) and she still got away with like half hp. Though I don't have a full set of ap caster runes yet so that could be it.

His abilities are mostly AOE though no? Seems like proper positioning is going to be very important.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 06:51:08 AM

His abilities are mostly AOE though no? Seems like proper positioning is going to be very important.

Yup all his abilities except the one that sets up the stun are AOE. In the games I played with him last night was not getting a ton of kills with him but he is an assist machine. I kept setting up triple kills for our anivia by letting lose of my combo and then she would flash in behind and ult to finish off their last few hp.

One thing about him is early on in the game he is pretty insanely mana hungry really needs a mana item pretty early. One interesting thing is I found it was not really necessary to spend much time in siege mode. Very handy for times when appropriate but not something you are locking yourself into constantly.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 07, 2011, 08:40:18 AM

Yup all his abilities except the one that sets up the stun are AOE. In the games I played with him last night was not getting a ton of kills with him but he is an assist machine. I kept setting up triple kills for our anivia by letting lose of my combo and then she would flash in behind and ult to finish off their last few hp.

One thing about him is early on in the game he is pretty insanely mana hungry really needs a mana item pretty early. One interesting thing is I found it was not really necessary to spend much time in siege mode. Very handy for times when appropriate but not something you are locking yourself into constantly.

I agree, assist machine. Works really well if you save siege mode to kill off runners, picked up a few kills in a SR just from that. CDR all the way on this guy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: New Champions  
Jump to: