Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340819 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #245 on: March 10, 2011, 09:02:16 AM

Oh my, hahahhahahahh  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:29 AM

Blimey

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #247 on: March 11, 2011, 05:39:39 AM

While cleaning up some obscure and frightening corner of my house, I found three bags full of games (and related boxes!) for the Atari ST, dating back in the '85-'91 timeframe. I thought I threw them away, so you can imagine the reaction when I actually unconvered them  Heart . They are all mixed up, some floppy disk is damaged and all, but whoa, what a blast from the past. Maybe I'll post some pics or even do one of those freaky nerdy retro videos and post it on youtube :D.

Among others: Drakken, The Golden Path, Black Lamp, STOS programming language, Breach, Colonial Conquest, Red Storm Rising, King Quest I-IV, Maniac Mansion, Zak  McKraken, Ultima III and IV, Populous, Powermonger, various collections, Daley Thompson Olympic Challenge, Roy of the Rovers, Kick Off 2, Heroes of the Lance, Dragons of the Flame, Chrono Quest I, Speedball I, Ballystyx and countless others.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #248 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:41 PM

I loved Red Storm Rising so much as a kid. I always wished I could play as the Soviets though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: March 14, 2011, 05:44:20 AM

Didn't see this previously posted, thought it was amusing : Valve Time.   awesome, for real

(pines for HL2 EP3)

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #250 on: March 15, 2011, 05:36:38 AM

I just read that the New Mortal Kombat got banned in Australia, even after Appeal. I'd have created a new thread for it, but meh, it's MK. Easy enough to import anyway. I'll get right onto it after it's price drops by half or more. In 6 months or a year. Or whatever.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #251 on: March 22, 2011, 07:44:14 PM

Does not really warrant its own thread, but I decided to give a try of the PSN online storage thingy.  I was rewarded with the discovery that I can copy both my Dragon Age and Demon's Souls saves to this.  Oh, of only this had been around before I had two PS3 die last summer.  Of course, it's only 150MB so I wouldn't have been able to dump everything onto it, but still.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #252 on: March 28, 2011, 02:40:52 PM

Shane Bettenhausen shows off El Shaddai over at Giantbomb.  You can skip past the first three minutes of the video if you don't care about Shane handing out candy to the Giantbomb guys.  Really like the premise and look to this game.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #253 on: March 29, 2011, 05:53:51 AM

Hot.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #254 on: April 08, 2011, 04:06:00 PM

New trailer for Twisted Metal.  Coming Oct. 4th.  Looks pretty much like Twisted Metal.  Kinda sad that Outlaw doesn't appear to be in this one.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #255 on: April 11, 2011, 08:05:57 PM

I liked Twisted Metal a lot, but do I need to buy/play a fifth one?  After the first one and Black, I feel like I'm done.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #256 on: April 13, 2011, 12:45:47 AM

I liked Twisted Metal a lot, but do I need to buy/play a fifth one?  After the first one and Black, I feel like I'm done.

Black was 10 years ago.  If nothing else I'd expect the online mutliplayer to be a big improvement over Black Online.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #257 on: April 13, 2011, 08:37:58 AM

I don't play multiplayer, except in Demon's Souls, so that's a non-issue.

I'm not confident that the mere passage of time is enough to produce a must-have game.  Refer to TM III. Ohhhhh, I see.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: April 13, 2011, 10:16:58 AM

I learned today of An Apology for Roger Ebert by Brian Moriarty.

Good stuff.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: April 13, 2011, 10:53:09 AM

I learned today of An Apology for Roger Ebert by Brian Moriarty.

Good stuff.

Really enjoyed the read.  Thanks for the link.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #260 on: April 13, 2011, 11:04:27 AM

Oh, Stardock. Thanks for reminding me why I don't own GalCiv2.

Just got an email that I can buy it ON SALE for 30% off the ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

$28 for a 5 year old game who's last expansion was released 3 years ago. Srsly, FOAD.

Why, Kael, WHY?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: April 13, 2011, 11:09:46 AM

Just got an email that I can buy it ON SALE for 30% off the ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

$28 for a 5 year old game who's last expansion was released 3 years ago. Srsly, FOAD.

Why, Kael, WHY?

Stage 2: Anger

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: April 13, 2011, 11:10:58 AM

Why, Kael, WHY?

But now you can also get a one year warranty on your bits and preorder the latest games while you shop! Also, have you considered buying used instead?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #263 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:35 AM

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:16 AM

I file it under "really annoying read" personally. I've never understood why people are always trying to start this debate around games with no narrative. "Is M.U.L.E. art?" is a much harder question to answer than (for example) "Is Red Dead Redemption art?", especially when you're comparing it to a different art form that is almost entirely narrative.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #265 on: April 14, 2011, 01:10:56 PM

CD Projekt apparently is trying very hard to push GOG with the Witcher 2.  The Witcher 2 will have SecuROM, but not if purchased on GOG and will only have pre-loading on GOG.

CD Projekt revealed that The Witcher 2 will utilize SecuROM copy-protection for its retail release, deciding it was the least intrusive way to protect its content from piracy. Though they are aware some gamers will groan at the decision to use SecuROM, CD Projekt noted that the game will allow for "unlimited installations on an unlimited number of computers" and allow "play on up to five computers at once." The game requires an internet connection for the game's initial activation. According to the presentation, this will ensure that The Witcher 2 cannot be played before the game's May 17 release.

The Witcher 2 will also be available on digital distribution platforms, including DRM-free on Good Old Games (GOG.com).

Although the game will include a serial code for activation, users that purchase the game on GOG.com will not require the code to play the game. The GOG.com release will come completely unlocked; however, a code will be included for users that wish to download future DLC--which requires the serial key to access the content.  I don't even really give a shit about Securom that much, but they way they went about this just seems kinda stupid.  No solid word yet on whether or not the Steam version will have Securom.

Beginning May 10, users that have pre-purchased The Witcher 2 on GOG.com will have the ability to pre-load 90% of the final game. Good Old Games will be the only digital distribution platform that will feature a pre-load for the game.

Unlike the original game in the series, The Witcher 2 will not see any censorship between regions. Each region will feature the same story and gameplay. Additionally, the sequel features up to sixteen different endings. During the conference, CD Projekt issued a challenge to players of The Witcher 2: the first person to unlock all sixteen endings (and prove it with a save file), will be awarded a special t-shirt.

I get that they want to really promote their game on their DD system, but couldn't they just stick with the exclusive bonus stuff they were offering?  Preventing the other digital distribution shops from allowing pre-loading, and announcing that "oh yeah, if you guys want the Securom-free version of the game you have to buy it here", just seems like a dick move.  At the very least this is the kind of thing that they maybe should have announced way back when they let retailers start taking pre-orders.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #266 on: April 14, 2011, 02:09:26 PM

Yeah, the pre-order bonus of "does not have digital fucking herpes" is a pretty big selling point in my mind.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #267 on: April 14, 2011, 02:11:17 PM

Yah, still buying on Steam.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:18 PM

Yeah, what complete douchebags allowing unlimited installs on unlimited machines and five simultaneous playable installs. I know I need to be playing it on at least a dozen computers at the same time.
Rasix

Reply #269 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:49 PM

It'll pk ur flax.

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #270 on: April 15, 2011, 03:47:22 AM

Yeah, what complete douchebags allowing unlimited installs on unlimited machines and five simultaneous playable installs. I know I need to be playing it on at least a dozen computers at the same time.

I wasn't suggesting they were douchebags because I think the DRM is too strict.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #271 on: April 15, 2011, 07:09:53 AM

I file it under "really annoying read" personally. I've never understood why people are always trying to start this debate around games with no narrative. "Is M.U.L.E. art?" is a much harder question to answer than (for example) "Is Red Dead Redemption art?", especially when you're comparing it to a different art form that is almost entirely narrative.

I am a philosopher at heart and am mainly fascinated by the exploration of what defines art.  So, yes, it's a dumb thing to argue and I agree with Ebert that hardly any movies are art.  Hardly anything is, in any medium.  I'm a fan of thought processes and this is an interesting one.

It'll pk ur flax.

Nice reference. Ohhhhh, I see.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #272 on: April 15, 2011, 08:29:51 AM

First!

I hope Brad reads this.

Rasix

Reply #273 on: April 15, 2011, 08:40:10 AM

It'll pk ur flax.

Nice reference. Ohhhhh, I see.

But it's not.  Oh!

<frye eye squint image goes here>

I'm not really afraid of SecuROM.  They're going to have to try harder.

New Nintendo console annoucement in June apparently.  Time to get dismissive/angry/disappointed in anticipation.

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #274 on: April 15, 2011, 09:05:10 AM

First!

I hope Brad reads this.

You glorious bastard.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: April 20, 2011, 12:44:33 PM

Stardock are also having a 30% off sale for Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity (Game and its two expansions) right now. That's certainly well worth the money.

Hic sunt dracones.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #276 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:51 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #277 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:46 AM

I'm not shocked to find he's too clueless to simply delete your post.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: April 22, 2011, 11:44:49 AM

Also, look into this exotic and rare distribution system created by bringing water to the boiling point and learn how to price an ancient niche game to sell, ffs.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #279 on: April 22, 2011, 07:11:35 PM

I actually thought Impulse was a fine product, at least once they ditched that token shit.  They should have sold Elemental to GameStop.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: