Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340939 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #70 on: October 25, 2010, 10:45:41 PM

Sims 3 expansion tomorrow! I'm excited!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

This one is basically the Sims 3 version of Hot Date with a bit of Superstar thrown in. It sounds like it's a lot more THE SIMS than the last two expansions (I liked them fine but it felt like the devs had forgotten why people play the goddamn Sims in the first place. Hint: It's not for doing quests or essentially grinding faction.) so I am hoping I can find a copy tomorrow at our Target. I hate EA's downloader like poison, otherwise I'd get it that way. Oh well!

God Save the Horn Players
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:59 PM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 27, 2010, 02:23:01 AM

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom demo is out.  Random gameplay clip.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 27, 2010, 04:34:34 AM

This one is basically the Sims 3 version of Hot Date with a bit of Superstar thrown in. It sounds like it's a lot more THE SIMS than the last two expansions (I liked them fine but it felt like the devs had forgotten why people play the goddamn Sims in the first place. Hint: It's not for doing quests or essentially grinding faction.) so I am hoping I can find a copy tomorrow at our Target. I hate EA's downloader like poison, otherwise I'd get it that way. Oh well!
Hurray! DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS Don't keep tabs on Sims at all, I just play until I burn out with each expansion.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #74 on: October 27, 2010, 06:04:42 AM

You know, this is still unplayable on my wife's computer, which isn't crappy at all unless the ATI 5780 is somehow incompatible.  Problem is that I haven't made the time to engage the MTS community for help in resolving the issue(s).  I've done a few things such as scan for broken and incompatible UC, and TS3 is installed on a SSD, and her machine has 8GB of RAM.  I've decided some time ago that it's just a shitty program but she tells me that other people seem to be able to play it on crap machines.  Very frustrating.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 27, 2010, 09:13:41 AM

It doesn't work on one of my boxes either; tells me I don't have a video card installed but they list my card (GeForce 8600 GT) as a compatible one.  swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 27, 2010, 09:35:11 AM

Got Rockband 3 last night. Aside from not paid much attention to the finer differences from RB2, it's pretty sweet. The UI works better, with ACTUAL SONG FILTERING. The songs are poppier, which is fine, because I'm not good enough at, nor particularly enjoy, the insane metal stuff.

Just need to recalibrate again (you'd think I'd learn by now to write down my old calibration settings).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 27, 2010, 10:50:29 AM

I, also, got RB3 last night.  Only had enough time to play through one of the very first challenges (a 12 song setlist).  Other than the UI, the thing RB does better than the entire GH series?  They know how to pick songs that are fun to play.  GH picks songs you'd think are cool, but end up being a) boring, b) ugly and/or c) too damn hard.

I find it a little strange that they are releasing it without having the Pro instruments ready.  The keyboard they have (not sure if I'll pick that up, even though it is getting nice reviews), but no guitar until the middle of November, and that is the ones with the buttons?  Fucking dumb.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #78 on: October 27, 2010, 11:18:12 AM

Yeah, the button guitar looks like the first gen midi guitars from the 80s. The Squier or whatever the real guitar is should be sweet, though. If it ever gets released for reals.

Of course, I'm thinking more about someone hacking it for a cheap midi guitar, though.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 27, 2010, 11:28:26 AM

No need to hack, it is compatible with MIDI devices right out of the box.

And everything I've read leads me to believe that the real one is actually in the works.  Some other lame music game actually already has one, so I don't think technology is the problem.  I imagine I will ultimately get both versions, because I'm just that much of a sorry ass fanboi.

I'm more than a little shocked that you aren't shitting all over this subject, considering your background.  Interesting.  For myself, these silly living room plastic guitar playing games have reinvigorated my love for music and exposed me to knew tastes (quite outside of the actual games) and I really, REALLY want to learn guitar, but for a number of reasons I haven't taken the plunge.  I am hoping all of this helps me put a foot in the proverbial door.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #80 on: October 27, 2010, 11:46:11 AM

I keep waiting patiently for this genre to die.  It just won't.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #81 on: October 27, 2010, 11:52:18 AM

Cyrrex, I'm finally able to be ok with the dumb genre now :) I imagine it will continue to suck for real musicians, but the addition of the real guitar might be interesting.

I'm thinking more about the fact that in a few years there will be some new blood at the open mic nights, finally.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #82 on: October 27, 2010, 12:10:10 PM

If the fancy guitar controller gives me a way to build my fretboard muscles back up while playing a video game, I will be all over that.  I've fallen very much out of practice with the real thing, and when I sporadically pick it back up I'm always discouraged by the double whammy of how I don't remember stuff and how my fingers are so soft and weak they start hurting after half an hour.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 12:18:14 PM

I keep waiting patiently for this genre to die.  It just won't.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Let some joy into your life, Mr. Grinch!

After an hour or so of messing around with the pro keys, I think I might finally be able to make the leap to not totally sucking. Roundabout is ridiculous though. Damn you, Rick Wakeman!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:32 PM

After an hour or so of messing around with the pro keys, I think I might finally be able to make the leap to not totally sucking. Roundabout is ridiculous though. Damn you, Rick Wakeman!

Wait....do you have a Pro guitar?  If so, how?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 27, 2010, 12:24:53 PM

Wait....do you have a Pro guitar?  If so, how?

Keys = keyboard.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 27, 2010, 01:51:42 PM

Ah, duh.  Let me know how that works out.  I haven't bought the keyboard, but if it's as fun as they are saying...

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #87 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:55 PM

Hurray! DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS Don't keep tabs on Sims at all, I just play until I burn out with each expansion.

Yeah, that's usually how I play, I just have an internal "it's about time for a new expansion for the Sims" clock that was well established during the Sims 2.

This new expansion is WAY more Sims-y than the past two, I am quite happy. If I didn't like constructing bars and dance clubs and stuff, I might be a little annoyed that they didn't provide any pre-made small clubs/bars/whatever (the ones they provide are almost all HUGE and don't fit on lots in the previous neighborhoods), but aside from that it's pretty awesome.  Heart

I've never had problems with Sims 3 running that other people have had, but the people who've had those issues have my sympathies, because that is damn annoying.

God Save the Horn Players
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #88 on: October 31, 2010, 08:51:43 AM

As good a place as any -

Target's buy 2 get 1 free started today.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas, Fable 3 and Dead Rising 2 for $120.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 05:51:15 AM

As good a place as any -

Funny, those were just the 3 games I was thinking of picking up at Target today!  Are you me, but like a day in the future?  And if so, what do we think about DR2 so far?  You'll remember that we had complaints about the last one.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 01, 2010, 06:52:55 AM

He's you, after using a portal in the Nether.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 01, 2010, 07:21:06 AM

As good a place as any -

Funny, those were just the 3 games I was thinking of picking up at Target today!  Are you me, but like a day in the future?  And if so, what do we think about DR2 so far?  You'll remember that we had complaints about the last one.

What's funny is of the 3, DR2 is the first one I opened and played.  It seems decent, always fun to kill zombies.  The timer stuff is still annoying. Sometimes you just wanna hack up some zombies, not run to save your daughter.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: November 01, 2010, 07:53:13 AM

FYI:
Amazon buy 3 for the price of 2

Larger selection than target, and better prices anyways, also - PC games in there.

I think I got the f13 ref link right? Admin want to edit it?
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 07:19:21 AM

I'm pumped about playing RB3 but for some reason the keyboard hasn't worked its way to Canada.  So I'm holding off until I can get the bundle.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 07:38:57 AM

FYI:
Amazon buy 3 for the price of 2

Larger selection than target, and better prices anyways, also - PC games in there.

I think I got the f13 ref link right? Admin want to edit it?

Thanks for that link, I just ordered Fable:Lost Chapters, NWN2 Gold, and Fallout 3 for a total of $47.50

Good deals.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #95 on: November 15, 2010, 12:49:07 PM

GOG just added Baldur's Gate 2 Complete.  This pretty completes the collection of Bioware/Black Isle AD&D stuff on GOG since Icewind Dale II complete and NWN: Diamond were also added in recent weeks.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 12:54:24 PM

Blizzard has some job postings up that seem to imply they're going to port Diablo 3 to consoles.

Example: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=10000BB

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 06:12:53 PM

GOG just added Baldur's Gate 2 Complete.  This pretty completes the collection of Bioware/Black Isle AD&D stuff on GOG since Icewind Dale II complete and NWN: Diamond were also added in recent weeks.

Oh wow. Is it mod-able at all? Some of my discs are rather questionable at this point, and back-ups would be SNAZZY.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #98 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:01 PM

Oh wow. Is it mod-able at all? Some of my discs are rather questionable at this point, and back-ups would be SNAZZY.

From what I've glanced at on the GOG Baldur's Gate forum, it looks like you can mod both Baldur's Gate games.  I also have Torment and all the BG and IWD stuff on disc, but I'm tempted to pick these up on GOG so I don't have to go through the trouble of digging these games out whenever I feel like playing them.  I'll probably wait a while and see if they have any sort of holiday deals this year though.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: November 17, 2010, 11:14:29 AM

From what I've glanced at on the GOG Baldur's Gate forum, it looks like you can mod both Baldur's Gate games.  I also have Torment and all the BG and IWD stuff on disc, but I'm tempted to pick these up on GOG so I don't have to go through the trouble of digging these games out whenever I feel like playing them.  I'll probably wait a while and see if they have any sort of holiday deals this year though.

WUA should've talked w/ them to bundle The Baldening.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #100 on: November 17, 2010, 01:48:41 PM

Speaking of Bioware, it looks like they'll be announcing their next project (presumably not Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or SWTOR related) at the Spike VGA's.

Edit: Well, technically I guess it could be Mass Effect related, as people have pointed out that the rifle the guy is using in that video is fairly close to the Incisor from ME.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:58:23 PM by Velorath »
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 18, 2010, 02:12:45 AM

I'm actually somewhat surprised GOG managed to snag NWN Diamond due to what I assume is fairly bad blood between Atari and Bioware. If only they could get permission to sell all the premium modules in a single pack as well, since Bioware is no longer allowed to sell or distribute them.
Abysmal Horror
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: November 18, 2010, 01:10:26 PM

I came across this via Sirlin.net, and it struck me as f13-ey, so here you go:

Shoryuken.com: Keiji Inafune Talks to 4Gamer About Leaving Capcom and his Feelings on the Japanese Games Industry

http://shoryuken.com/content/keiji-inafune-talks-4gamer-about-leaving-capcom-his-feelings-japanese-games-industry-2293/

It is long.  It is also, for some reason, entirely in italics.  ACK!  Despite this, it's a good read.

Not Canadian.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #103 on: November 19, 2010, 10:33:25 AM

Why can I not obtain Diablo via Battle.net?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: November 19, 2010, 11:23:07 AM

Why can I not obtain Diablo via Battle.net?

I dunno, I was wondering this myself a year back or so when I tried to input my old CD keys.  I still actually have my diablo 1 disk and key, but battle.net won't recognize it or attach a copy ot my account.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: