Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340789 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4375 on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:33 AM

I think Cyrrex is going to end up murdering us.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4376 on: January 18, 2019, 02:21:56 AM

Starting with Falconeer, it appears.

Unless I am missing something, cloud saves only come with a Plus subscription, no?  I don't have Plus anymore, I found myself not getting any use from it.  And no, it is not worth 60 bucks just for some cloud saves.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4377 on: January 18, 2019, 03:05:54 AM

Ah yes of course it requires a subscription. To me it's worth it for the cloud saves -which I value a lot- and for the online play. Especially in the *Souls and Bloodborne. Messages from other players and invasions are part of the experience.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4378 on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:22 AM

Fair enough.  I am not super annoyed by the loss of save files for BB or the different Souls games, because whenever I get that itch I am more than happy to start over anyway.  But that said...do you also need Plus to get all the online benefits from those games?  I realize that sounds like a retarded question on the surface, I just have some lingering memory of that not being required with these games in particular.  I might just be remembering PC versions, as that's where I have Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Losing my FFX and FFXII saves, otoh....that was really goddamn irritating.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4379 on: January 18, 2019, 04:07:52 AM

I think you need a PSN subscription on the PS4 for everything online except for FF XIV because you are already paying them a monthly fee.

I remember losing my FF XIII save when I was tackling the final boss. That scarred me and pushed me into forever paying for online saves.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4380 on: January 18, 2019, 06:25:48 AM

I didn't value cloud saves on the PS4 (partially because I just assumed it was doing it automatically) but then I forgot to back the data up before upgrading to a PS4 pro and wiping my old system.  Goodbye, Persona 5 save game among many others.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4381 on: January 18, 2019, 08:51:00 AM

Most but not all PS4 online games require PS Plus. Some exceptions include Warframe and Fortnite. On the PS3 (or Vita), PS Plus is not required for online play, So if you first played, say, Dark Souls on the PS3 you wouldn’t have needed PS Plus to get the online stuff.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4382 on: January 18, 2019, 11:31:39 AM

I think I needed it for roster updates on Madden, and the current week matchups, etc. I did get a couple games using the Plus discount, but the free games offered since I got the PS4 in September have been garbage (I guess GoW3 was good, just not for me). I just cancelled Plus, very little value, in my opinion.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4383 on: January 18, 2019, 12:00:14 PM

I've gotten a number of free games with Plus, though I haven't necessarily played most of them, and I don't tend to play online, and yet I'm still paying for Plus.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4384 on: January 18, 2019, 12:34:42 PM

I think I needed it for roster updates on Madden, and the current week matchups, etc. I did get a couple games using the Plus discount, but the free games offered since I got the PS4 in September have been garbage (I guess GoW3 was good, just not for me). I just cancelled Plus, very little value, in my opinion.
There was also Yakuza Kiwami (Yakuza 1 remastered) and Destiny 2. This month has Steep, which isn't bad.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #4385 on: January 18, 2019, 12:46:01 PM

There was also Yakuza Kiwami (Yakuza 1 remastered) and Destiny 2. This month has Steep, which isn't bad.

More decent games from just last year -  Soma, Onrush, Bloodborne, Trials Fusion, Ratchet and Clank, Dues Ex, Mafia 3, Dead by Daylight.  2017 also had a list of pretty good games.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4386 on: January 18, 2019, 12:57:03 PM

Trippy - It looked to me like it was just some free DLC for Destiny 2. If it was the full game, I'm really stupid or it was poorly communicated. Could be either!

Druzil, I would've gotten Bloodborne from that list, not a lot there for me. Maybe Mafia 3, though I have that on Steam already. Certainly not worth a subscription, vs buying them on sale or just saving my money for games I'm actually interested in.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4387 on: January 18, 2019, 01:02:25 PM

Until Dawn and Metal Gear 5? Probably 2017, still good deals.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4388 on: January 18, 2019, 03:54:56 PM

I just bought a Switch.  First Nintendo console since the SNES.  Zelda arrives tomorrow in time for most of the long weekend.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4389 on: January 18, 2019, 07:43:20 PM

Don't forget your Nintendo Online subscription for cloud saves awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #4390 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:44 PM

Don't forget your Nintendo Online subscription for cloud saves awesome, for real

lol
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4391 on: January 24, 2019, 10:45:17 AM

Losing game saves is like becoming a person-shaped husk. What is the point of anything?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4392 on: January 24, 2019, 11:19:40 AM

To start anew, tabula rasa, create the life you want to live.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4393 on: January 24, 2019, 02:00:25 PM

I did that already, don't erase it.  awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4394 on: January 24, 2019, 06:35:40 PM

Ok, you guys keep going off on the switch.  What are the great games to play for it currently, other than Zelda?  May cave and get one.

Mind you, I have zero interest in using it for mobile gaming and only intend to use it like a traditional console on the couch.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4395 on: January 24, 2019, 08:58:16 PM

For Switch/Nintendo exclusives this list is decent (from #1 - 8):

WARNING: Shitty ad blocker blocker
https://www.gamesradar.com/best-switch-exclusives/

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4. Splatoon 2
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
7. Octopath Traveler
8. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
9. Arms
10. Fast RMX

Other Switch exclusives / Wii U ports that may be interesting to you:

Bayonetta 2 - Wii U port, original is also available if you don't already have it for another platform

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Wii U port, get this instead of New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe if you want a Nintendo-brand 2D platformer

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee! - remakes of Pokémon Yellow

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Wii U port, if you really need your Musou-game fix

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - missing the graphics and quality-of-life improvements in MH:World but has a crap-ton more content

Starlink: Battle for Atlas - game is not Nintendo-exclusive but the Star Fox gang and playable Fox McCloud pilot is exclusive to the Switch-version. Kind of a meh Ubisoft "open-world" (star system) game but hey it's Fox McCloud (but it's not a real Star Fox game). Skip the physical toys and get one of the digital versions if you really want to play it.

Edit: added list, also not all Switch exclusives

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:51:01 AM by Trippy »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4396 on: January 25, 2019, 06:35:02 AM

Oh, that adblocker popup.

I saw a few things in the GamesRadar Switch list before I mailed a turd to their home office, but not sure I saw Smash Ultimate. It's great.

Son has been a fan of Towerfall since it came to PS4, but in his group of 5 there was always someone left to watch instead of play. The Switch version allows 6 players, so he has moved to that.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4397 on: January 25, 2019, 08:39:04 AM

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is probably the best jRPG that's come out in a long time.

Family logged a lot of hours in Stardew Valley.

Personally, I think my top played are Xenoblade, Breath of the Wild, Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Odyssey (this is great), and Mario v Rabbids (very good X-COM lite). I probably didn't play as much Switch in 2018 and didn't pick up some titles I wanted (Octopath) due to the PS4 having such a good year for exclusives.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4398 on: January 25, 2019, 11:38:10 AM

Oh, that adblocker popup.

I saw a few things in the GamesRadar Switch list before I mailed a turd to their home office, but not sure I saw Smash Ultimate. It's great.
Oops I forgot about their shitty ad blocker blocker. I run Pi-hole at home now so I don't see those things as often now.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4399 on: February 05, 2019, 09:59:21 AM

Was I the only one who completely missed this game until today? It's a 2d hack 'n slash with Diablo loot and Japanese crazyness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaaA3uVpIic

schild
Administrator

Reply #4400 on: February 05, 2019, 10:03:36 AM

Was I the only one who completely missed this game until today? It's a 2d hack 'n slash with Diablo loot and Japanese crazyness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaaA3uVpIic

i'm about that
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4401 on: February 15, 2019, 06:33:19 AM

Did anyone play the Anthem demo? I never got a chance and was wondering how it looked. I think I like the look of the game but not sure it will be good.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4402 on: February 15, 2019, 09:38:54 AM

It's out for folks who subscribe to EA's "games as a service" at the $15/month level.  Reviews should be rolling out soon.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4403 on: February 15, 2019, 10:21:09 AM

Assuming you can even connect.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4404 on: February 15, 2019, 11:06:43 AM

I have been playing for the past 30 minutes. What it seems to be: Mass Effect Andromeda 2.
What it actually is: Iron Man Online, actually War Machine Online.
What I don't like: the Marvel comedy-esque mood of the acting. Hate it.
What I like so far:

patience
Terracotta Army

Reply #4405 on: February 15, 2019, 11:39:10 AM

For Switch/Nintendo exclusives this list is decent (from #1 - 8):

WARNING: Shitty ad blocker blocker
https://www.gamesradar.com/best-switch-exclusives/

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
4. Splatoon 2
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
7. Octopath Traveler
8. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
9. Arms
10. Fast RMX

Other Switch exclusives / Wii U ports that may be interesting to you:

Bayonetta 2 - Wii U port, original is also available if you don't already have it for another platform

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Wii U port, get this instead of New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe if you want a Nintendo-brand 2D platformer

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee! - remakes of Pokémon Yellow

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Wii U port, if you really need your Musou-game fix

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - missing the graphics and quality-of-life improvements in MH:World but has a crap-ton more content

Starlink: Battle for Atlas - game is not Nintendo-exclusive but the Star Fox gang and playable Fox McCloud pilot is exclusive to the Switch-version. Kind of a meh Ubisoft "open-world" (star system) game but hey it's Fox McCloud (but it's not a real Star Fox game). Skip the physical toys and get one of the digital versions if you really want to play it.

Edit: added list, also not all Switch exclusives

We can now add Tetris 99 to that list.

OP is assuming its somewhat of a design-goal of eve to make players happy.
this is however not the case.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4406 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16:35 PM

only if you subscribe to their absolutely not worth it online service
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4407 on: February 21, 2019, 02:55:46 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #4408 on: February 21, 2019, 03:33:34 PM

What, was Tyler Waluigi not available?
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4409 on: February 22, 2019, 07:50:30 AM

Definitely glad I held off on Anthem. Reviews seem to be coming in between 50-75% even from the paid reviewers. I'm thinking EA sweeps this IP under the rug in less than a year, especially when Division 2 utterly crushes it in a month.

What modern games fall into this genre? I feel like I'm missing a few of these loot-shooters.

(As a service)
Anthem
Destiny 1&2
Division 1&2
Warframe

(Platform)
Borderlands
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: