Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340823 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #1505 on: February 20, 2014, 07:48:28 AM

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Witcher 3, Phantom Pain.

That's all I care about.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1506 on: February 20, 2014, 07:57:00 AM

Witcher 3 is a definite release day acquisition for me. Dragon Age might be but I'm not convinced it's going to be worth it. Otherwise it's steam sale year for me.

Though if Creative Assembly's Warhammer Fantasy Battle RTS gets released this year it's something I'll keep an eye out for.

edit: my number 1 "game" for the year is without a doubt the next CK2 dlc short of a disaster of epic proportions
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:26:13 AM by satael »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1507 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:19 AM

The gaming industry has totally left me behind.  I'm idlely curious about Witcher 3 and Dragon Age, but couldn't care less about the rest of them.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1508 on: February 20, 2014, 08:41:22 AM

Witcher, Dragon Age, Destiny, and the Order are on my watch list.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1509 on: February 20, 2014, 08:50:53 AM

Watch Dogs, Dark Souls II and Witcher 3, though I'll probably wait on both for Steam sales. The Division... maybe. Thief can go fuck itself.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1510 on: February 20, 2014, 09:05:30 AM

Most of those seem like Steam sales to me.

Rocksmith 2015 is on my list for launch purchases. Rather, it is my list for launch purchases.

Possibly some great multiplayer thing that comes out and f13 adopts it, as I'd want to play in the two week window before everyone drops it.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #1511 on: February 20, 2014, 10:44:48 AM

Here is my 2014:

Buy list:
Banished
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Tropico 5
Mount & Blade 2
The Witcher 3
Beneath a Steel Sky 2
Xenonauts (UFO/X-COM remake)

Watch-list/Depending on reviews:
Galactic Civilizations 3
Jagged Alliance: Flashback (turn-based!)
Etherium (RTS)

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1512 on: February 20, 2014, 11:27:25 AM

Here is my 2014:

Buy list:
Banished
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Tropico 5
Mount & Blade 2
The Witcher 3
Beneath a Steel Sky 2
Xenonauts (UFO/X-COM remake)

Watch-list/Depending on reviews:
Galactic Civilizations 3
Jagged Alliance: Flashback (turn-based!)
Etherium (RTS)

Has Mount & Blade 2 been announced for release this year?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1513 on: February 20, 2014, 11:41:25 AM

Dark Souls 2 is really all I care for in 2014. There's room for lots of surprises and I know there's many games I will greatly enjoy, some among those listed before and some totally unexpected and unknown, but the only one I am really, totally, utterly looking forward to is Dark Souls 2.

EDIT: Wasteland 2.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1514 on: February 20, 2014, 11:43:43 AM

Woah woah woah. Tropic 5 is coming out?

ZOMG!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1515 on: February 20, 2014, 11:56:59 AM

Even better: Release April 2014!

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1516 on: February 20, 2014, 12:06:16 PM

Has Mount & Blade 2 been announced for release this year?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Crap. Gamestar.de has it listed as 2014, but now that you mentioned it I did some independent googling and am unable to come up with a verfication for that. Let's hope for the best.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1517 on: February 20, 2014, 12:09:23 PM

Even better: Release April 2014!

OMG I'LL BE OUT OF TAX SEASON.  Thumbs up!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1518 on: February 20, 2014, 12:17:43 PM

Surprising noone, DA:I is probably the only automatic pre-order/day 1 buy for me in that image. If M&B 2 actually exists someday it would join the list of course.

Maybe Mad Max, but I don't know enough yet.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1519 on: February 20, 2014, 01:18:31 PM

Watch Dogs, Destiny and The Division are probably going to be day-one games for me and I've already got Titanfall ordered based on my experience with the beta.

Dark Souls 2 I'll pick up once it gets it's first price drop and Mad Max is a wildcard - I'm curious, but can definitely wait.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1520 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:34 PM

DS2 at some point.  I never finished either of the previous games, but I feel it's worth buying to make sure these types of games are still being made.

Watch Dogs looks good, but Uplay.  It's annoying.

Other than that, my list for this year is slim.  I've already purchased DivinityOS, but not really getting into it until it releases.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1521 on: February 20, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

If someone can convince me that Dark Souls II's PC port is about a million times better than the last one, I'll give it a shot on Steam Sale.  They really shat the last port out and burned their bridge plenty good, though.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1522 on: February 20, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

DA:I, Tropico 5, and The Sims 4 ( why so serious? ) are the only ones I know I'll be buying immediately this year. I will probably break down and buy Banished before it goes on sale, but we'll see. I keep waffling on it, and I'm not even sure why.

God Save the Horn Players
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1523 on: February 20, 2014, 03:33:22 PM

I'm limiting myself to Infamous Second Son, Dark Souls 2, Driveclub, and a couple of indie titles this year.  I have so much shit laying around waiting to be played, it's ridiculous.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1524 on: February 21, 2014, 09:11:17 AM

It's kind of funny that a game that's on just about everyone's Game of the Year list managed to not make money.

As of July 2013, Bioshock Infinite had sold 4 million copies according to Take Two's financial report. If it was unprofitable, that sounds to me like reason to just remove Levine rather than shitcan the entire studio. Of course, this seems to be an issue with all too many of the big name publishers out there. There's no way a video game should lose money when it sells 4 million fucking copies.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1525 on: February 21, 2014, 09:40:18 AM

Here's to the next video game collapse!

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #1526 on: February 21, 2014, 11:21:03 AM

It's kind of funny that a game that's on just about everyone's Game of the Year list managed to not make money.

As of July 2013, Bioshock Infinite had sold 4 million copies according to Take Two's financial report. If it was unprofitable, that sounds to me like reason to just remove Levine rather than shitcan the entire studio. Of course, this seems to be an issue with all too many of the big name publishers out there. There's no way a video game should lose money when it sells 4 million fucking copies.

Normally I would agree but this game took 6 years to make. This isn't a fault of the industry or AAA games, it's simply horrendous, jaw-dropping bad project management. Any industry would react the same - 4 million copies is great and all, but not when it cost 6 years and however many millions to make.

The amount of changes and cut content this game saw has it verging into Duke Nukem territory.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1527 on: February 21, 2014, 12:04:02 PM

Is Destiny a game that is going to force me to buy a PS4?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1528 on: February 21, 2014, 12:15:41 PM

No, since it's also releasing for ps3 and xbox 360, although that alone should be setting off alarm bells.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1529 on: February 21, 2014, 12:54:20 PM

Ignore that PS4 until after it comes out in the homeland of those that made it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1530 on: February 21, 2014, 12:59:09 PM

Tomorrow?

I can't tell if I got caught in the sarchasm.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1531 on: February 21, 2014, 01:07:45 PM

What with the new fangled ability to easily share from the ps4 there have been quite a few twitch streams of people playing Thief who bought from stores/countries that don't care about abiding by the street release date.  It's sounding really bad.  As in not only really bad for oldschool Thief fans but also bad for people like me who thought it would be as good/similar to Dishonored.

Is steam's refund policy still atrocious, even if you just want to cancel a preorder?

As a note twitch also bans you if you stream games that haven't been "officially" released yet.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1532 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:01 PM

I don't know when anything happens, but I'll still wait a bit.  I even forget what game is supposed to make me want a PS4.  It's sure as hell not all the games I already own.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1533 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:28 PM

Normally I would agree but this game took 6 years to make. This isn't a fault of the industry or AAA games, it's simply horrendous, jaw-dropping bad project management. Any industry would react the same - 4 million copies is great and all, but not when it cost 6 years and however many millions to make.

The amount of changes and cut content this game saw has it verging into Duke Nukem territory.

Pretty much. The Last of Us was also a story driven AAA game, but only took 3 years or so to make and from the sounds of it had a smaller team. It seems to be a financial success for Naughty Dog and topped a lot of GOTY lists as well.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1534 on: February 21, 2014, 05:04:59 PM

It took them 6 years for thatACK!

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1535 on: February 21, 2014, 05:07:46 PM

If you can't tell by the systems that don't quite fit together, it likely underwent many redesigns.

-Rasix
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1536 on: February 22, 2014, 02:16:40 AM

Free to Play - The Movie. A Valve documentary about DOTA players.

“Free To Play is a feature-length documentary that follows three professional gamers from around the world as they compete for a million dollar prize in the first Dota 2 International Tournament. In recent years, E Sports has surged in popularity to become one of the most widely-practiced forms of competitive sport today. A million dollar tournament changed the landscape of the gaming world and for those elite players at the top of their craft, nothing would ever be the same again. Produced by Valve, the film documents the challenges and sacrifices required of players to compete at the highest level.”

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1537 on: February 22, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

The gaming industry has totally left me behind.  I'm idlely curious about Witcher 3 and Dragon Age, but couldn't care less about the rest of them.

I feel the opposite at the moment. After suffering through a lack of good new releases the last several months, I'm looking forward to Infamous, Dark Souls 2 and South Park which all come out next month. Further down the road (hopefully) this year I'm keeping an eye on Evolve (from L4D's creators), Dragon Age, Pillars of Eternity, and maybe Destiny, The Divison, or Watch Dogs. Hopefully Hex will be hitting beta at some point. I loved the Fight Night series so I'm curious to see how the upcoming UFC game turns out. Also enjoyed Dead Island so I'm hoping Dying Light will be good. Also just got my keys for the Shadowrun Berlin campaign that launches in a week. I feel like I've got plenty to look forward to right now.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1538 on: February 22, 2014, 10:36:45 AM

Which is why it was so hilarious reading Scott's (Lum) Facebook comments on the story.  So many devs saying, "See, this is why AAA Games are dead/ dying."

Erm.. run a business like a business and produce or get gone.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1539 on: February 26, 2014, 12:39:06 AM

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot reaches Open Beta. Free to Play, a mix between Dungeon Keeper, Diablo, and Clash of Clans. Worth a quick look to see if it's your thing.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: