Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1341315 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1085 on: May 14, 2013, 02:29:28 PM

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1086 on: May 14, 2013, 03:47:26 PM

If you had a 360 we could play Monaco.  We need four people because we suck.

I'm interested but I don't have a 360.  I take it there's no cross-platform multiplayer?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1087 on: May 15, 2013, 09:33:35 AM

If you had a 360 we could play Monaco.  We need four people because we suck.

I'm interested but I don't have a 360.  I take it there's no cross-platform multiplayer?

I'm just automatically assuming XPM does not exist anywhere.

Yeah, I just invented an acronym.

I don't believe anyone in the history of Magic ever vandalized a card with anything other than a penis. Are you sure it wasn't a penis on a swamp titled OUTER DICKS?

Well, that is in fact why my cards were so awesome.  They weren't particularly artistic.  I used a ball-point pen and may have been drunk or high at the time.  That whole era of my life is a blur.  In fact, when the cards were shown to me again last year, I was astounded that I had done that.  In any case, tapping OUTER SPACE for one black mana was pretty awesome-sounding.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1088 on: May 21, 2013, 08:18:39 AM

Sorry if this has been posted before, apparently there is a rich vein of comedy related to console stuff that I've been missing out on.

Francis says FIX XBOX LIVE!!! #freeXBL
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1089 on: May 21, 2013, 08:46:58 AM

Sorry if this has been posted before, apparently there is a rich vein of comedy related to console stuff that I've been missing out on.

Francis says FIX XBOX LIVE!!! #freeXBL

Funnier than it had any right to be.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1090 on: May 21, 2013, 09:47:46 AM

Dude's got a point. A sub fee just to enable Internet access is laughable. If you don't have a 360, anyway.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #1091 on: May 21, 2013, 09:54:27 AM

Dude's got a point. A sub fee just to enable Internet access is laughable. If you don't have a 360, anyway.

Actually it was brilliant packaging by Microsoft. They managed to monetize a formerly free service for a console they had to sell at a loss to be competitive. Brilliant. And at the same time most people leap to defend the fee. Or they did until they dashboard got so cluttered in ads they can't find the launch button to play a game.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1092 on: May 21, 2013, 11:04:45 AM

I would probably have an XBox if not for having to pay a fee to plug it into my own internet connection.  I can't believe anyone puts up with that foolishness.

I mean, I'm far from a Sony fanboy, but I'll say this for them: my PS3 is almost seven years old, hasn't died yet, and I don't have to pay Sony anything to watch Netflix on it.  Would buy again.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:07:24 AM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1093 on: May 21, 2013, 01:53:39 PM

The only reason I don't have one is because I was holding out on my father buying me a 360 to chat with him when he moved to Florida. Now it's too close to next gen time.

And I mostly want it for HD movies through Amazon Prime and (bleh) Madden, so no burning rush to buy one. But it would've been a PS3, most likely.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1094 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:36 AM

So I go into the GameStop today to browse the used games pit.  The rep at the counter tells me that in about an hour, they were going to be having a 1 hour sale on Injustice: Gods Among Us.  Specifically, $50 off all versions of the game (standard, collector's, and joystick) for all platforms.  So I was excited about getting a new game for $10, right?

I went over to Moe's, had lunch, and came back right at 1PM for the start of the sale.  Apparently the way they were working it was that you order the game in the shop and it would be delivered to my house, as opposed to just, you know, taking a fresh copy off the shelf.  But whatevs, $10 fighting game.

We started the transaction process of collecting my info, and about halfway through, their ordering system starts to feel the burn of 10,000 GameStops all simultaneously ordering from the same queue.  After about half an hour of waiting for their system to respond, when it finally does come up, they say that the game is all sold out for all three systems, unless I want the fancy collectors edition with a silly statue.

I told the guy that this was the best sale ever, two thumbs up, 5 stars, would buy again, and that if they want to compete with Steam, they're going to have to do just a LITTLE better than this  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: June 04, 2013, 01:46:58 PM

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1096 on: June 05, 2013, 07:56:42 AM

Basically the onion for gaming but fucking lol. At least someone can say it as a joke.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/kotaku-considers-taking-site-down-for-a-day-so-they-can-claim-they-went-24-hours-without-posting-bad-journalism/

After Brian Ashcraft posted a joke tweet from Platinum’s Hideki Kamiya as legitimate news, Kotaku editor-in-chief Stephen Tolito threatened to take the site offline for a day just so they can claim they went 24 hours without posting awful journalism.

yuppp

While this is not the first time Kotaku has used Twitter as a source for their journalism, Atsushi Inaba of Platinum Games has publicly called out gaming journalism sites, including Kotaku, for using their staff member’s tweets as legitimate reporting. This has spurred Tolito to contemplate taking Kotaku offline for a day just so they can go 24 hours without embarrassing themselves.

“I was told by my boss that I have once again messed up,” wrote Ashcraft on his personal blog, “Look, I spent a long time writing the post, checking my sources and then editing thee post. What more do you want from me? Journalism is difficult. Back when I was in school, I got an A on all the papers I ever wrote. Hell, I even used Wikipedia as a source on some of them. This is just how skilled a writer I am and should be proof enough that I can do some real journalism.”

Tolito thinks otherwise writing on Kotaku, “We apologize once again for posting yet another piece of bad journalism. For years, many of you have complained that we have not gone a day without having to do a major retraction about an obviously fake rumor or just apologize for posting false news that we really should have double-checked before posting. Unfortunately, the people that we have hired are incompetent. I can’t stress this enough. The people who work at Kotaku should be fired, myself included.”

“You would think that after the hundredth time this has happened that we would have learned something by now,” lamented Tolito, “It is as if some of us lack the ability to feel shame. Maybe it was the way we grew up, being complimented by our parents no matter how shoddy our work was. I don’t even know the last time we have gone a whole day without posting something embarrassing. I think I might just shut the site down for a day just to say we have.”

Unfortunately for Tolito, it will take more than shutting down the site to help Kotaku’s reputation as staff can still post on their official Facebook page with things like a Borderlands onion ring.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:04:32 AM by Fabricated »

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1097 on: June 05, 2013, 10:36:40 AM

It's hilarious the people took his tweet as "news."

Kamiya is a well-known Twitter troll and his "next week in..." is one of his main schticks. (For those not familiar, someone will ask him something like "When will we hear more about Bayonetta 2?" and he will answer "next week in game magazines" when it is completely false)

I don't understand how people are still falling for this.  If you look at his Twitter it's clear that it's very tongue-in-cheek.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1098 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:07 PM

Why can't they spell Totilo right? :(
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1099 on: June 06, 2013, 08:24:37 AM

Looks like Game Informer accidentally leaked Respawn's (former IW guys' new company) upcoming game, which looks like it'll be future-war CoD with mechs:

'...first-person shooter is being built on the Source engine and will launch in spring 2014. Players will become pilots controlling massive mechs called Titans, which can be piloted or programmed to follow along in battle.'
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:29:00 AM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: June 06, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

At least this one isn't using cryengine.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: June 22, 2013, 02:53:47 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1102 on: July 02, 2013, 01:47:58 PM

Btw, Ubi got hacked. Password change emails have gone out.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1103 on: July 02, 2013, 02:38:59 PM

I got one of those, thought it was spam.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1104 on: July 02, 2013, 04:13:08 PM

Just a weird thing only learned watching an LP of the game, but you know the Syndicate FPS that got released that no one played because it was boring corridor shooter that shit all over a perfectly good license? It got double-shit upon because the main theme is a remix of the original game's music by Skrillex. Ouch.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1105 on: July 02, 2013, 07:25:10 PM

I randomly came across Planescape Torment's design document.  Pretty  awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1106 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:42 AM

Looks like Madden goes microtrans/DLC/whatever:

Madden Ultimate Team Subscription — Starting Week 1 of the NFL season and continuing through Week 17, receive one pack a week for use in Madden Ultimate Team. The Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition packs feature 2 rare players, 4 silver players and 4 bronze players.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1107 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:36 AM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1108 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:03 AM

Madden Ultimate Team Subscription — Starting Week 1 of the NFL season and continuing through Week 17, receive one pack a week for use in Madden Ultimate Team. The Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition packs feature 2 rare players, 4 silver players and 4 bronze players.

Gotta catchbuy 'em all?
schild
Administrator

Reply #1109 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:38 AM

Madden as a CCG is.... ridiculous to me.

Edit: But then, my old company pioneered that exact model with Gridiron on Facebook.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1110 on: July 03, 2013, 11:16:36 AM

That's not new. I'm certain it was in last year's but not sure if that was the first year.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1111 on: July 03, 2013, 11:27:30 AM

Madden as a CCG is.... ridiculous to me.

Edit: But then, my old company pioneered that exact model with Gridiron on Facebook.

It's something that now that I think about it, shocks me that it took them this long to come up with. Sports pretty much pioneered the idea of collectible cards in the first place, after all.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: July 03, 2013, 11:28:51 AM

Does that mean I can't field star players unless I buy them?

Theoretically, because fuck EA and Madden.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1113 on: July 03, 2013, 11:33:37 AM

It's only for the "Ultimate Team" thing, not regular old Madden, it seems like.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/ultimate-team/

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1114 on: July 03, 2013, 11:35:48 AM

It's only for the "Ultimate Team" thing, not regular old Madden, it seems like.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/ultimate-team/

Yeah, it's basically FANTASY MADDEN FOOTBALL.

beer geek.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1115 on: July 03, 2013, 11:35:55 AM

This is I assume the same as Fifa Ultimate Team which has been around for a couple of years.

1. You can play with all players if your playing just regular online matches or 1 player seasons etc. Ultimate cards are only used in Ultimate game modes. Usually there's a single player season and online season mode. You typically can win points in these games that can be used to buy packs , or individual cards in an auction house.

2. I'm ashamed to admit but Fifa Ultimate was fucking genius. Combining the addiction of collecting cards (maybe this pack will have Messi!) with an already decent game? Oh dear god I spent way to much money on this last year.  embarassed

3. If its like Fifa your players are under contract and you will need to feed them contract cards after a certain amount of games....players will have different levels of rareness (though with the NFL there's a much smaller pool of players to pick from so I don't know how that will work) and the very best (say a Rogers or a Brady) may end up being worth a LOT of coins...For instance a Messi or Ronaldo go for a cpl of mil each which can translate to a couple of hundred RL dollars (if you wanted to go that route)

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1116 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24:21 PM

I randomly came across Planescape Torment's design document.  Pretty  awesome, for real

Awesome!  Thank you.  But why does the link have 1997 and the doc has 2007 ("7/12/07") I wonder?
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: July 03, 2013, 12:26:53 PM

I have a feeling someone put that together in 2007. Which is the only thing I can think of given the time on there as well.

beer geek.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1118 on: July 03, 2013, 08:42:27 PM

Anyone have any luck trading in console systems to Amazon?

My 360 is working intermittently just in time for me to want to play Bioshock:Infinite and ME3.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #1119 on: July 04, 2013, 01:07:56 AM

I have a feeling someone put that together in 2007. Which is the only thing I can think of given the time on there as well.

I got my avatar out of that doc the last time it was posted here and while I don't remember when that was it was a lot longer ago than 2007. Here's a post from 2004 with the same avatar unless the board automatically updates them. http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=821.0
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: