Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:59:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1341210 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #665 on: August 07, 2012, 04:30:19 AM

This is all I know:
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/team-gizka-leader-dashus-just-got-pwned.155813/

After that the mod kind of disappeared off my radar.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: August 08, 2012, 07:22:23 AM

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available for pre-order on Steam.  At only 13.50 for the pre-order it was a no brainer for me.  Counter Strike is maybe the shooter I've played more raw hours than any other in my life, and I'd be shocked not to get my money's worth even if I put it down after a month or two this time around.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #667 on: August 08, 2012, 07:38:15 AM

LOL console shooter.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #668 on: August 08, 2012, 07:52:46 AM

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available for pre-order on Steam.  At only 13.50 for the pre-order it was a no brainer for me.  Counter Strike is maybe the shooter I've played more raw hours than any other in my life, and I'd be shocked not to get my money's worth even if I put it down after a month or two this time around.

For $1.50 I can wait and see.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #669 on: August 08, 2012, 11:08:11 AM

This is why I posted it in this thread instead of making a new thread for the game itself  awesome, for real

Seriously though, I'm willing to admit to being more or less a fanboy of the series, so the game would have to be disastrous for me not to enjoy it.  Figure I'd post here in case anyone else happened to be interested in pre-ordering, though I realize F13 isn't big into competitive shooter titles.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #670 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:41 PM

This is why I posted it in this thread instead of making a new thread for the game itself  awesome, for real

Seriously though, I'm willing to admit to being more or less a fanboy of the series, so the game would have to be disastrous for me not to enjoy it.  Figure I'd post here in case anyone else happened to be interested in pre-ordering, though I realize F13 isn't big into competitive shooter titles.

I recently rediscovered all the crazy server side map mods in CS1.6. Too much fun, and total muscle memory.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #671 on: August 08, 2012, 12:41:28 PM

I played CS obsessively back in its beta days until they destroyed the game around beta 6.5 or so awesome, for real I was good enough to have been a part of the original W.E.W. started by Scissors until I got kicked out for kicking other W.E.W. members who were incognito and constantly fucking with the W.E.W. server settings like gravity awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see. (Yes they complained to Scissors because I kicked and banned them for being fucktards).

I'll definitely give the new one a try but my days as a hardcore FPS player are long past.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #672 on: August 08, 2012, 06:36:28 PM

Yeah, Beta 6 or so (when all the wallhacks got to be utterly ridiculous) was when I started to lose interest in CS, and I didn't play it much after. I've looked into CS:GO, but I just don't think the magic will be there. I don't even really see the point of it, since it just looks like a prettier CS:Source with a shitty UI, but hey.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #673 on: August 16, 2012, 12:27:17 PM

As you might know, next 24th September will mark the 15th year anniversary for Ultima Online: early in October, it looks like we'll get an interesting "post mortem" during GDC online, with Raph Koster, Starr Long and Rich Vogel :)
http://schedule.gdconline.com/session/13473949?_cid=GDCO12_Update6

At first, it was mostly a team of newbies. For a while, the office space was a few rooms on a floor that was gutted for construction -- you could literally walk off the 5th floor of building and plunge to your death if you weren't careful. The artists sat in the hallway. And the team was out to change everything. Ultima Online was not only one of the first graphical MMORPGs, it also set the standard for player vs player combat and sandbox/emergent gameplay in online titles for many years to come. Three of the UO team's chief members -- Raph Koster, Rich Vogel, and Starr Long (all of whom went on to shape the online gaming landscape) -- will deliver a postmortem on the landmark title, reflecting on the challenges they faced from early development to maintaining the game well after its launch. Come learn how a combination of insane ambition and idealistic cluelessness can sometimes result in creating something that changes people's lives and the course of an industry.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #674 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02:35 PM

If you've been on the fence about trying TSW (a fence should promptly get off of in favor of the game), it's $25 at amazon.  Even if you have no desire to play an MMO, the game is easily worth 25 bucks on the merits of it's RPG/adventure game content alone.

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41018ecret-World1-Download/dp/B007VTVKG6/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:06:28 PM by trias_e »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #675 on: August 19, 2012, 07:52:25 PM

Yeah, Beta 6 or so (when all the wallhacks got to be utterly ridiculous) was when I started to lose interest in CS, and I didn't play it much after. I've looked into CS:GO, but I just don't think the magic will be there. I don't even really see the point of it, since it just looks like a prettier CS:Source with a shitty UI, but hey.

I've been playing it. The magic is there, and the UI is not shitty. Fragging kids through walls never gets old.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #676 on: August 23, 2012, 08:13:56 AM

I don't have an Xbox 360.  I have a PS3 and a gaming laptop, which I don't much like because it's small.  BUT... even though I got Borderlands for the PS3 and loved it, I should get Borderlands 2 for the PC.  Right?  I don't know why I think that but I just do.  I'm usually wrong about everything so tell me.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #677 on: August 23, 2012, 08:46:27 AM

Despite complaints about the consolization of Borderlands for the PC, I never had any troubles with the game.  If that's something which worries you though, Claptrap promises it's changed.

My opinion remains shooters are better on a PC.  Plus Steam.  (I may have a spare slot in a 4-pack, but I'm waiting for my friend to decide if she likes the first one enough to go in on this.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #678 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:29 AM

Can you hook up your laptop to the TV? If so, and you aren't hosing your game performance, I'd get the PC version. Otherwise, with a visually cool game like Borderlands, I'd probably go with the PS3. I know, I'm going straight to hell for saying that.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #679 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:20 AM

k.  I've never used a gamepad (at least not that I can remember) with a pc.  Would that make it better or worse?  And if better, what sort should I buy.  Geez.  You'd think I'm new at this gaming stuff, wouldn't you?

Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #680 on: August 23, 2012, 11:08:31 AM

I just started using a gamepad on my PC a few months ago.  You can use a PS3 controller if you futz around enough with software but it's a pain.  A vanilla, wired, XBox 360 controller has worked great with whatever I've tried.  I think people are crazy using one for shooters over m+kb but different strokes I guess.  Works great for games like Amalur and Darksiders though.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #681 on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:17 AM

I broke my arm last year (knee this year!  ;p) and m&kb get painful after a while.  Hoping to go back and forth until more physical therapy kicks in. 

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #682 on: August 23, 2012, 11:23:48 AM

I broke my arm last year (knee this year!  ;p) and m&kb get painful after a while.  Hoping to go back and forth until more physical therapy kicks in. 

I think you are gaming too hard. Perhaps try clicking easier?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #683 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:33 AM

Too much skateboarding clearly.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: August 23, 2012, 11:47:08 AM

Given that maybe the PS3 is a better option.  Or short play sessions on the PC.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #685 on: August 23, 2012, 11:53:36 AM

The big plusses for Borderlands on PC would be you can mod it if need be, and I'd guess that is where most f13 people will get it (not sure if you give a shit about multiplayer or not.)

From my own shoulder injury history I would say that a gamepad was definitely much easier to use for long sessions while I was recovering, not sure exactly how/if that will translate to broken arm problems.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #686 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:27 PM

Broke my shoulder at the same time.  I no longer do really long gaming sessions.  An hour and I need a nap.  Or, at least, my arm needs a nap.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: August 25, 2012, 06:02:34 AM

Rock Band Blitz is releasing on Tuesday.  Peeking at the gameplay, looks like Harmonix is heading back to their Frequency roots.

For most people, I imagine it will end up being a track pack for RB3.  For me, it should help tide me over until the updated Rocksmith releases in October.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #688 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:31 AM

I'll be getting Borderlands 2 on 360 because my crew has 360s, and playing it solo < playing it with assholes that drive you off of cliffs and open menus when you try to fast travel.  Well, we think it's funny.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: August 30, 2012, 06:45:41 PM

So, it looks like Gotham City Impostors has gone F2P.  If you're not familiar with the title, visit Steam, and hit the little tick box next to "show downloadable content" and you should get an idea of what the game's about.

The original launch was apparently saddled with GFWL, but the devs have fixed that, and the re-release uses Steamworks.  One small problem: anyone who bought the original game or any DLC now cannot use it and has to re-purchase it.  Considering that the original game was something like $15 with somewhere in the area of $35 of launch day DLC, this is causing some frustration.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: August 30, 2012, 08:42:11 PM

One small problem: anyone who bought the original game or any DLC now cannot use it and has to re-purchase it.  Considering that the original game was something like $15 with somewhere in the area of $35 of launch day DLC, this is causing some frustration.

Considering how much of a clusterfuck the original release was on all platforms, I am not shocked in the slightest that this isn't going smoothly.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #691 on: August 31, 2012, 05:13:38 AM

I'm so happy I have a ferret.  I've always wanted a ferret.  Well, I don't have one myself but my lady knight, Hank, has one.  His name is Dave.  I wonder if I'll be able to transfer him to Torchlight 2.  I've become very attached to him.

Isn't there to be some sort of Torchlight 2 announcement today?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #692 on: August 31, 2012, 05:47:51 AM

So, it looks like Gotham City Impostors has gone F2P.
The original launch was apparently saddled with GFWL,

It was also saddled with lots of suck.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #693 on: September 04, 2012, 04:18:56 PM

So yeah, here's a rough idea of how well F2P Gotham City Imposters is going:

If Steam's friends list goes down - as it's known do to at least a couple times per day - everybody in-game gets disconnected. No XP earned.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: September 06, 2012, 06:54:58 AM

Not sure where to put this, as I don't think it quite deserves it's own thread - but you can get Tecmo Super Bowl 2013 for free. All 32 teams with current players and stats, playable on a NES emulator.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:58:58 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: September 06, 2012, 09:42:39 AM

So yeah, in case you were still looking for reasons not to give Stardock your money:

http://kotaku.com/5940401/pc-gaming-studio-said-she-ruined-their-game-but-only-after-she-sued-the-boss-for-sexual-harassment

I'm not some manager or coworker of yours. I own the company. It, and your job there, exist to suit my purposes, not vice versa. The company is not an end unto itself, it is a means to an end which is to further the objectives of its shareholders (in this case, me).

ACK!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:48:24 AM by Ingmar »

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:12 AM

"Purity tests" for female employees? Whatta perv.
schild
Administrator

Reply #697 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:10 AM

Brad always struck me as broken for whatever reason, but from now on I'm simply going to go on first instinct when gaming companies get weird.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #698 on: September 06, 2012, 11:38:07 AM

Yep. That's a lawsuit!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #699 on: September 06, 2012, 11:45:28 AM

Wow, he went over to quarter to three to discuss the article while BOTH COURT CASES ARE ONGOING!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: