Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1353931 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5110 on: February 22, 2021, 10:07:44 AM

Basically iFixit needs to do a comparison of the DualShock 4 and the DualSense sticks to see if there are differences in the joystick setups. iFixit has repair guides for the DualShock 4 sticks but it's hard to tell from the limited pictures if there are significant differences between the two.

Also here's the actual iFixit article: https://www.ifixit.com/News/48944/heres-why-ps5-joysticks-drift-and-why-theyll-only-get-worse
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #5111 on: February 22, 2021, 04:00:10 PM

Well the good news is that PS5 controllers practically grow on trees, whilst their parent consoles are still as common as bigfoot.

Seriously, how is that even a thing.

Chip shortage I assume.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5112 on: February 23, 2021, 03:15:08 AM

Well the good news is that PS5 controllers practically grow on trees, whilst their parent consoles are still as common as bigfoot.

Seriously, how is that even a thing.

Chip shortage I assume.

I mean, obviously something like that.  But that doesn’t stop me from seeing PS5 controllers advertised everywhere.  Who is buying them?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5113 on: March 23, 2021, 10:32:26 PM

Magic: Legends is in Open Beta. It's MtG in ARPG form. Yes that sounds bad. And the game is actually even worse than it sounds. Avoid.

But if you want to try it for free it's available either through Perfect World's Arc Games launcher or the store than shall not be named.

https://www.playmagiclegends.com/en

For some lulz you can check out the subreddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/MagicLegends/
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5114 on: March 24, 2021, 10:15:06 AM

Ohh, an arpg, that's why all of the PoE streamers were playing it yesterday. I just saw "Magic:....." and didn't bother clicking on a single one.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5115 on: March 24, 2021, 06:21:41 PM

I tried the game in a closed beta a few months and it's super awful.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5116 on: April 15, 2021, 08:13:02 AM

Oh, man. Nice! Days Gone for PC launches May 18! Love that game.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1259420/view/3110273656390747940

Between HZD and this...the PS5 has definitely fallen far in my priority list vs trying to get a 30-series-based PC going SOMEDAY SOMEHOW.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5117 on: April 15, 2021, 09:53:40 AM

There’s been a dearth of good PS5 exclusives post-launch. I wanted to get one at launch for Demon’s Souls but didn’t preorder one so that never happened. And then the hardware issue reports started coming in. Now I’m waiting for a release date for Horizon Forbidden West and news of any hardware revisions before attempting to purchase one.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5118 on: April 15, 2021, 09:56:38 AM

There’s been a dearth of good PS5 exclusives post-launch. I wanted to get one at launch for Demon’s Souls but didn’t preorder one so that never happened. And then the hardware issue reports started coming in. Now I’m waiting for a release date for Horizon Forbidden West and news of any hardware revisions before attempting to purchase one.

Same. I don't know what Sony is thinking, letting exclusives launch on pc...but I like it!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5119 on: April 15, 2021, 05:35:58 PM

There was a dustup between Sony and the studio that did Days Gone. I don't know particulars, but I think Sony wasn't happy with the direction of Days Gone 2 and they may have shifted away from them. I don't know the whole story though, so grain of salt.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5120 on: April 15, 2021, 05:48:47 PM

This is different. Sony released Horizon Zero Dawn for the PC fall of last year and despite having lots of technical issues, presumably sold well enough that Sony is now fine with releasing some subset of their former exclusive for the PC a few years after their PS4 releases. They also presumably had good insight on how former PlayStation exclusives made by third parties like Death Stranding and Detroit: Become Human had been doing on the PC to see they were leaving some money on the table by not making (some) exclusives available on the PC after they had basically maxed out their sales on the PS4.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5121 on: April 16, 2021, 10:28:56 AM

Days Gone is something I will probably have to pickup on PC, not sure about full price, though.  More waiting on Ghosts of Tsushima.  I refuse to play either of these on PS4, and PS5s seem to be at least a half a year away from being actual consumer products.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5122 on: April 16, 2021, 11:26:04 AM

My plan is to try and hold out for a sale before getting DG...but it will likely be the first time it's discounted. I friggin love that game. Glad I decided not to immediately play the NG+ on PS4. I'll be playing through this one again, and I'm really looking forward to cranking the graphics!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5123 on: April 18, 2021, 06:20:54 PM

On the Steam store HZ:D skipped the Fall sale and was first discounted (20%) during the Winter sale -- i.e. Sony was in no hurry to discount the game. Your best bet is likely, if Epic Games has a $10 coupon sale soon, to get the game on EGS and use the coupon on that game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5124 on: April 19, 2021, 09:52:19 AM

Days Gone 2 has been cancelled (technically, since it was never announced officially, I guess): https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/04/12/days-gone-2-details-revealed-by-games-director-including-a-shared-universe-with-co-op

If they were going to make it a multiplayer-first title, I guess I'm ok with it. The game really didn't need that, and I don't see how it would've improved things at all. So I'm bummed to not get a sequel, but that's tempered with the aforementioned shift in focus.

Also yet another reason that I'm happy I didn't get a PS5, DG2 would've been a prime motivator for me.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5125 on: April 19, 2021, 08:25:46 PM

On the Steam store HZ:D skipped the Fall sale and was first discounted (20%) during the Winter sale -- i.e. Sony was in no hurry to discount the game. Your best bet is likely, if Epic Games has a $10 coupon sale soon, to get the game on EGS and use the coupon on that game.

If you have a PS4 / PS5, you might be interested to know:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/19/22392094/horizon-zero-dawn-free-ps4-ps5-playstation-sony

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5126 on: April 24, 2021, 08:35:10 PM

I downloaded the Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition on the PS4 for free and holy shit is it a gorgeous game. Not sure about the gameplay yet, but just on graphics, it is stunning.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5127 on: April 24, 2021, 09:28:07 PM

I downloaded the Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition on the PS4 for free and holy shit is it a gorgeous game. Not sure about the gameplay yet, but just on graphics, it is stunning.

It's my only platinum trophy on PSN. For about 6-8 weeks I fell pretty deeply into that world. I've tried a few times to go back and can't find the desire once I load it up.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5128 on: April 24, 2021, 09:40:22 PM

It's probably my favorite game on the playstation, though my experience is more limited on there than most. I dig the openish world stalking parts, the story is amazing, the world is beautiful, and it's good at continuing to keep all those elements fresh as the game progresses.

I will likely buy it on steam to play on the new pc.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #5129 on: April 25, 2021, 10:52:09 AM

I'm an old school mouse and keyboard gamer, set in my fossilized ways. Few console games have ever caught my interest for long, and fewer still that are available for both console and PC. But HZD was awesome, and the controller controls fit it perfectly. I honestly can't imagine it feeling as fluid and natural with M&K.  Would love to hear how that feels to those who try both.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5130 on: April 25, 2021, 02:21:24 PM

HZ:D was a DualShock 4 controller-exclusive game so yes the controls were perfectly matched to that controller. But the game is still a LOLconsoleshooter and there were plenty of times when I was playing on the PS4 that I wished I had a mouse to aim so I could hit some specific part on a machine. The game even concedes that aiming can be difficult by putting in a bullet time mechanic to help you out. I have it on the PC but haven’t played it yet cause it was broken on release. It’s a bit better now, apparently, after the patch in January but still is somewhat janky. I was going to wait till I built my 4K rig to play on PC but that may not happen now before Horizon Forbidden West comes out and I do want to replay HZ:D before then.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5131 on: April 25, 2021, 04:13:19 PM

and there were plenty of times when I was playing on the PS4 that I wished I had a mouse to aim

Exactly this. Fantastic game, one of the best, and somehow less painful than usual to aim ranged stuff with a controller, but damn it would have been even better with mouse aiming.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5132 on: April 25, 2021, 05:01:12 PM

I could never get over the hump with HZD on my console but boy howdy did I take to it on a PC. Really enjoyed it.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5133 on: April 25, 2021, 05:39:42 PM

I could never get over the hump with HZD on my console but boy howdy did I take to it on a PC. Really enjoyed it.

That's good news to me. I bought it with my PS4 Pro and it's indeed lovely, but I didn't take to the controls and wished for a mouse. After a break, I couldn't remember how to play and I didn't want to restart to learn, so that was that. I'll buy it on Steam in a sale sometime.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5134 on: April 26, 2021, 06:33:33 AM

there were plenty of times when I was playing on the PS4 that I wished I had a mouse to aim so I could hit some specific part on a machine.

I play GTA 99% with a controller on PC...but in those (thankfully) rare 'precision shooting on a timer' sections, it's nice to have a mouse to cut through the bullshit.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5135 on: April 26, 2021, 12:43:29 PM

It took a long time before I was comfortable with the combat on console. I eventually got to the point where I wasn't taking massive amounts of damage in most encounters, but I'm sure part of that was just having way better armor in the end. The robo-trex and death mechs would have been a lot easier if I could quickly hit their weak points, but I was most getting them in the later stages of the game. Early to mid game was just a lot of failure, some of that was due to the restrictive areas you can fight some of these encounters in and the open world aspect meant you were doing it far too early in some situations.

I really don't want to buy a PS5 (or try to buy a PS5) right now. Forbidden West will have to wait.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5136 on: April 26, 2021, 12:54:32 PM

There’s still no announced release date for HFW and given where we are in the year I’m thinking “Holiday 2021” is now the earliest it could be assuming it doesn’t get delayed into 2022 so you still have time.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #5137 on: April 26, 2021, 12:55:46 PM

Is Forbidden West a PS5 exclusive? Oh noooeeesss!

I generally dislike controllers for all the reasons, but for some reason H:ZD just clicked after a while and I was running and sliding and shooting along with the best of them. And I never felt like I was just randomly slamming buttons to watch what the character would do (looking at you, Spiderman), but was always planning ahead for the next move.

That said, I would probably have been fine with M&KB too.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5138 on: April 26, 2021, 12:58:28 PM

It’ll be available on PS4 too.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5139 on: April 26, 2021, 01:59:22 PM

Is Sony going to eventually release Forbidden West on PC around the release of the PS6? Or was the PC release of HZD just a one-time thing for them?

Anyway, I don't own a Playstation so I've only played HZD on the PC with mouse/keyboard. It felt great; don't remember any control-related complaints off the top of my head. Definitely a smoother experience than, say, playing Dark Souls 1-2-3 with m/kb (which is why I played a sorcerer in those games, that's my story and I'm sticking to it awesome, for real). It also forced me to upgrade my archaic video card, so I managed to dodge the current GPU shortage insanity... win-win?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5140 on: April 26, 2021, 02:21:54 PM

Sony is experimenting with releasing games that were once PlayStation-exclusives on the PC. HZ:D was the first. Days Gone is the 2nd. No idea if HFW will eventually be released on PC. E.g. Days Gone may do horribly on the PC and that would be the last one Sony releases for the PC for the foreseeable future.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5141 on: May 18, 2021, 11:20:59 AM

Digital Foundry: Days Gone PC Tech Review: PS5 Comparisons, Settings Analysis + More

There's one significant game clock issue where the game slows down in some situations but otherwise it looks like a much better port than the original H:ZD PC port (not too surprising since Days Gone is Unreal Engine vs H:ZD's custom developed for PS4 engine). Other places have reported issues like "fade to black" screens and controller button mappings not working.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5142 on: May 18, 2021, 12:25:05 PM

DG's been very solid and controls well with the kbm, other than a little wonkiness when your character is turned in the wrong direction (but that's just an animation thing that happened on the console, too, just more noticeable with a high-sensitivity mouse + wasd). I did run into a slowdown bug last night in my initial run, more on that if it crops up again. Doesn't look like the same one Alex was talking about. No issue with button mapping on a xbox series controller.

Probably goes without saying that it runs great on my new rig, looks wonderful in 4k/60. It already looked good on the PS4 Pro, so that's just icing on the cake.

Nice to have the kbm for onfoot stuff. I really liked how Bend implemented motion aiming in the PS4 version, but a mouse is still the champ. I do use the controller for vehicles, though.

I personally hope more people can stick with the game to get into the meat of the story. It's one of my favorites by a long-shot. I tend to like the POI side mission stuff (like Ubi loves, AC/FC/etc), so for me it was fun running through those because I found the gameplay itself enjoyable.

I may hold off on my full playthrough until there's a patch or two, but it's pretty solid in my initial testing (did a half hour during lunch just now and it was smooth as buttah). Just make sure you use the option in the accessibility menu to turn off QTEs  why so serious? Actually, I tweaked quite a few settings for the controls, but I did the same with the console version. Options are pretty good to get it feeling comfortable to the individual's tastes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5143 on: May 20, 2021, 08:37:47 PM

The EGS Summer MEGA Sale with $10 coupons has started. You missed the discount by 2 days awesome, for real
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #5144 on: July 23, 2021, 11:41:24 AM

Nintendo has released a pokemon based MOBA.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: