Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LotRO wins this round in the subscription war 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LotRO wins this round in the subscription war  (Read 3375 times)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

on: September 19, 2010, 12:07:10 PM

Thanks to Nebu's suggestion, I'm back and playing a burglar. Lots of fun. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing AC2... I mean LotRO. ;)

I had come back briefly in the summer, but bit the bullet and paid for a three mon sub shortly before F2P so yay for more Turbine credits!

Anyhow, it was a toss-up between WoW, Allods, EQ2, and LotRO for my winter game. Thanks to the f13 crew, LotRO wins. See you in-game.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:25:39 PM

Don't hate me in a week. 

I'm having a lot of fun playing again.  I just make sure that I find something else to do when all the running around in circles starts to annoy me.  Go go crafting!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 01:36:42 PM

Nah. Won't hate you. I've avoided doing any crafting because I plan on doing it when i get a little tired of quests, etc. Also, my Warden and Guardian alts are a fun change of pace. Really though, the burglar is entertaining, and I like the F2P because it's nice to have a populated feel everywhere I go. Even if those people don't continue on to the end game.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 07:27:39 PM

You chose well.  I find the Burglar to be a fun class.  Yeah, it's good to see lots of folks around, just some of the chat in Bree-lands is  ACK!
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:50:15 PM

You chose well.  I find the Burglar to be a fun class.  Yeah, it's good to see lots of folks around, just some of the chat in Bree-lands is  ACK!

LOL

True enough that the chat can be frightening and /facepalm, but there's a population. Usually the noise goes up when there are more people on a server. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely takes some getting used to. Not only is this burglar class fun, but playing a hobbit is keeping me laid back. I'm actually doing some cooking and farming and picked up the fishing hobby tonight. I've not felt any rush to level and am enjoying just cruising around the Shire questing and ... get this ... Chicken Play! I've never encountered those chicken quests before. Very neat little quests. Nothing earth-shattering, but entertaining to say the least. I thought only WAR had chicken play. :)

Anyhow, see you in-game.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:59:40 PM

Must admit something feels far more enjoyable about it this time around. I subbed for 3 months post f2p. I've read they eased back on the XP curve at lower levels and it shows -- I've done almost all the quests in just Breeland and hit 25 without using XP boosts. Of course I've slaughtered more than a reasonable number of bears, boars and other mammals in the name of crafting...now the Barrows are calling...as is the Skirmish system...and continuing the book/storyline...sigh. I'm hooked.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 02:07:33 PM

Verily, the woodwork runneth over.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LotRO wins this round in the subscription war  
Jump to: