Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 19 and 20 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue 19 and 20  (Read 10987 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: September 05, 2010, 01:11:01 AM

As announced at PAX:

Issue 19: Alpha Strike

* Released in Fall 2010
    * Alpha incarnate slot which will be story driven and ties to the game lore
    * 'Alpha Strike' task force for Alpha enabled characters - Apex is the contact
    * Primal earth characters can enter Praetoria
    * More tip missions
    * Image from @Gothess: http://twitpic.com/2l8hvy - Is that a new enemy?
    * Image from @Gothess: http://twitpic.com/2l8n5a - Apex in what appears to be RWZ
    * Image from @Gothess: http://twitpic.com/2l912q - Not sure what this is o.0

Other info (some may be i19 info, will post here unless it's been confirmed for i19)

* Incarnate content will be included in every issue
    * Issue 20 closed beta starts in a week (with signed NDA)
    * Mission maps will get a minor update
    * Fitness pool becomes inherent - Update from Castle:
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Castle View Post
      Yes, they are enhanceable and you can add up to 5 additional slots to them, just like the current versions. The powers are all available either at level 1 or 2 (I forget at the moment) -- no waiting 'til 20 for Stamina.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Castle View Post
      You'll have to respec to take advantage of it on existing characters.

Characters as they exist now, will only get the Inherent Fitness powers if they do not have any of them in their build. Conversely, if you don't you get them as Inherents and never get the option to select them as pool powers.
    * 'Issue 19 will have a normal beta after issue 20. Issue 20 includes a lot a of new systems that will require more beta time.'

Q&A Info

* Changing character without logging out has not been implemented and has no timeline
    * 'Will Paragon and Rogue Isles get yellow targets?' 'Probably not but maybe'
    * No new news on hero/villain coalitions or base access for tourists
    * No new news on personal bases, but they are talking about it
    * Old zones may see an update to make them look nicer
    * There will be 'casual paths and new features'
    * They have been looking into animated facial features and fingers but it won't be any time soon
    * Alternate animations might be coming in a bit
    * Praetorian Epic ATs may be coming
    * They are working on updating old costumes and new costume sets but Sexy Jay is apparently overwhelmed
    * Tip missions will be getting a bit of a tone update
    * They have looked at taking down the paragon war walls but won't happen anytime soon
    * 'Will hero get more arachnos missions in paragon?' 'Yes we can do that'
    * 'Will we get and automatic team finder? Maybe?' (I'm not sure who said what here)
    * Cross server teaming exists on a priority list no more details
    * 'Are power pools going to be expanded?' 'It's been discussed but no timeline'
    * Power pool customization is on the radar but not a priority
    * Ouroborus mission to explore what happened to dark astoria? Very possible to do may happen

A major update to follow a major update.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 03:26:53 AM

Inherent Fitness? Whoa... that suddenly makes some builds a whole lot more flexible. I like! Kind of sadface there are no news for MA, ah well.

I'm still not entirely sure what the point/purpose of the entire Incarnate system is. Isn't it basically a roundabout way adding new levels past 50? [it reminds me of AO shadowlevels actually]

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 02:24:52 PM

My world, it is reeling. I always liked to make builds that didn't require fitness, so... so much for that.

I was going to put a rant about the power creep in this game getting out of hand, but then I thought about it and realized it wasn't any sillier than doing what every other MMO does and tacking on 10 levels for no reason other than "we wanted you to grind some more". I do have a problem with the way player power seems to be growing more quickly than content difficulty, but I guess it's better than the alternative of hitting 50 and then grinding through a series of "this tall to ride" cockblocks just to get to the latest content. It would be nice if the high-level TFs had more interesting mechanics that wouldn't be trivialized by the increase in player power, but that's been a problem with CoX since forever.

Still, the incarnate system sort of feels like giving players more stuff just for the sake of giving them stuff. I do like that Paragon always seems to have a unique take on the PvE MMO, without the caveat of being super-indie.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 02:44:32 PM

Inherent fitness is really nice, I always hated having to skip the fun-but-in-theme powers in my sets so I could fit another 3 pool powers in, 2 of which weren't very helpful.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 03:30:36 PM

Inherent fitness is really nice; it's been a long time coming.

What exactly is the incarnate system? Is that something in now, or coming with the patch?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 03:59:06 PM

The fist level of the Incarnate system will be introduced in I19, from what I hear current plans are to have 10 levels made available one at a time. Not much in the way of official details yet, but I think it's supposed to provide a new sort of enhancement slot that affects your whole character rather than specific powers.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 04:18:06 PM

Story-wise "Incarnate" is the origin that Statesman and Lord Recluse has so I would expect a bunch of stuff about drinking from the Well of whatever it was etc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 05:52:21 PM

Thanks ezrast. I had read that on wiki Ingmar, but wasn't sure if there was any more to it in game yet.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 07:13:23 PM

It was tested with GoRo, but was pulled.

Basically you unlock your Alpha slot (in GoRo: by paying a contact for it!) and then you get a new overall power that provides some sort of broad character boost. I think you could get the recipes for free (common ones at least) but the required crafting loot was made part of the lvl 50 SFs / TFs, so that if you wanted them you had to grind existing content. As you go one, you can combine common Incarnate enhancements to make uncommon ones, then combine the uncommon ones to make rare etc.

System was pulled for the official reason that there really wasn't that much content for it, which made the players who were perfectly happy rolling the LGTF another dozen times unhappy.

EDIT: Oh, and general CoH/V forum theory is that Issue 20 is actually CoH/V 2.0.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 19 and 20  
Jump to: