Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: The Road to Mordor: If the road goes ever on, I'm gonna need a GPS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Road to Mordor: If the road goes ever on, I'm gonna need a GPS  (Read 3424 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:45 AM

Thought this was a great article for new users or those returning for the F2P conversion.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:34:40 AM

Build up cash, gather like mad.

I think this would be much easier if they gave us some bag space. 

The rest of the advice is wonderful.  The site you gave me in another thread (mmorsel) was also VERY helpful!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

You will never get any more or less bag space in this title. However they seem to be increasing stack sizes again.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 11:13:45 AM

The bag space limit has always been annoying, too much shit you need to carry around. 3 tools for crafting, pots, food, horns, etc just for normal play. And legendaries only made it worse. I've got 2 bags full when my toon is 'empty' just of shit I need.

Bag space is about the only thing I'd spend "TP" on. And I still think that's a stupid name for their in-game cash.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:18:50 AM

You need some TP for your Hobbit-hole?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56:40 AM

I agree, bag space suuuucks.  My advice is not to outlevel your craft.  What I mean is you race to 20th level, decide you want to gather ore and realize you have to go back into lands you just levelled out of and gather.  Try to keep your craft somewhat current.  With the new changes, you can even make good gear for yourself instead of twinks. 

Also, group group group!  While solo is fun, grouping makes quests easier to complete and kill deeds get knocked out faster.  The quest log shows what stage everyone is, so it's really easy to decide what quests to accomplish. 

Get in a kin so you have someone to talk to while you roam the lonely wilds of the Trollshaws.  Plus they might help you with some task.

A LOT of shit will fill  your packs quickly.  Try to have alts or friends to  mail stuff to.  Unclogs your pack and provides them with useful items.  Don't be afraid to put stuff on the AH.  Even if it doesn't sell, it will hang out in your inbox instead of your precious, precious pack/vault space.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:07:44 AM

You need some TP for your Hobbit-hole?

awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: The Road to Mordor: If the road goes ever on, I'm gonna need a GPS  
Jump to: