Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Guild Wars Deluxe Edition. I'm so confused. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars Deluxe Edition. I'm so confused.  (Read 6518 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 25, 2005, 09:43:18 PM

Link 1: Amazon.
Release Date: March 1, 2005.
$69.99.

Link 2: Best Buy.
Release Date: February 1st, 2005.
$59.99

Link 3: EB Games
Release Date: April 18th, 2005.
$89.99

What's inside?
Guild Wars Game
Guild Wars Sound Track - Jeremy Soule
Guild Wars Cloth Map
Logitech Headset
3 Months Teamspeak
Hard Covered Guild Wars Art Book (4.5" x 6.5")

Yay for Art book! Yayer for the price at Best Buy. Unfortunately, it seems EB is the only ones with a reasonable release date. Though I refuse to pay $89.99 for another game. Ever. After World of Warcraft. Ok, I'd make a consolation for a new Planescape or Alpha Centauri or Deus Ex 1 in the Source Engine. Anyway, if anyone is planning on ordering this. I suggest doing it at Best Buy - or if you are foreign, Amazon asap.

Oh, and there's a necromancer on the box. She looks like a night elf. From Lineage 2. Keke ^_^

Oh, also - The Best Buy link doesn't list anything besides the headset. I couldn't find a press release about a deluxe edition. I do find it hard to believe that Best Buy, Amazon, and EB would all carry different editions though.

For the sake of total disclosure (though I despise the people that work at...all of them):

Link 4: Gamestop.
Release Date: March 22, 2005
$89.99.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:53:33 PM

Yay for investigative reporting. It would seem Arena.net is more interested in fansites full of people who are already slogging dong for the game. Because they NEED THE INFO TO MAKE THEIR PURCHASE VALID, or someshit. Anyway:

Quote from: Gaile, OCR for Arena.net
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Deluxe Version of Guild Wars has not been announced, and therefore the contents has not been fully detailed. While some of the items on the various lists I'm seeing are fairly accurate, many are somewhat inaccurate or downright wrong.

We will be sure to put out official information about the special edition/ deluxe version/ collector's box of Guild Wars very shortly. It has a lot of nice things, and actually more than I've seen on most lists, so hold tight and we'll get you the scoop soon!

There you have it. I can probably lock this thread. But I'll leave it up until they actually throw out the press release.

Edit: BBCode is hard.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 10:45:01 PM

Teamspeak for 3 months? Since when did even have to pay for one day?

Oh, and there's a necromancer on the box. She looks like a night elf. From Lineage 2. Keke ^_^

Actually, that's a pretty nice looking cover. Elf or not.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 10:45:42 PM

Quote from: Stray

Actually, that's a pretty nice looking cover. Elf or not.

I'm just tired of the cliche.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 03:54:15 AM

3 months TeamSpeak??? What, you need to PAY for voice comms?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 06:36:26 AM

Um I have been using team speak for a month with no problems. Maybe that is a 3 month full registered version or something.  Still we have had 0 problems with the free download server and client versions.

kaid
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 07:06:59 AM

They could be hosting an "official" TS server and charging for access for those who don't belong to a TS community of some sort.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 09:35:24 AM

Teamspeak is free. Roger Wilco is not. Apparently every single store is *guessing* at what's going on and none of the marketing people know anything about gaming anyway. They're probably like, oooh, it comes with Teamspeak - that must cost money. You get where I'm going.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 10:41:12 PM

Jeremy Soule did the soundtrack?

Win! His past work has been the SHIZNITUS!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 10:44:32 AM

Meh. I've cycled back to single player games, and this one doesn't have any pull to lure me away from the fun I'm currently having being a vampire, a pirate, a cutpurse and a robot. And I got all of those for about the same price as one GW box.

Um, never mind.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 03:15:56 PM

Is it bad that the only thing in that box that interests me is the Jeremy Soule soundtrack?

Too bad I can't buy it seperate.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Flashman
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 05:28:31 PM

Quote from: Strazos
Jeremy Soule did the soundtrack?

Win! His past work has been the SHIZNITUS!

Yeah, he did the soundtrack for morrowind among others. Great stuff.
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 05:58:58 PM

Um, never mind.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 10:43:39 PM

Quote from: Flashman

Yeah, he did the soundtrack for morrowind among others. Great stuff.

Man, those BioWare/BIS guys.....imagine how easy it must be for them to get jobs in the industry....

HR Rep: So, what past projects have you worked on?

Applicant: Well, I was one of the senior programmers on a few titles, such as the entire Baldur's Gate series on PC, Windy Dale (heh, JeffK), among other things....

HR Rep: -Win!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Guild Wars Deluxe Edition. I'm so confused.  
Jump to: