Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer)  (Read 68516 times)
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: March 21, 2011, 06:22:03 PM

He won't make the cut. He won't run box to box and I don't know who he replaces, maybe Diop but  Diop is not horrible. Sporting already has one of the biggest names in North America on their team already. 

Very happy with the strides the league has made in the five years I've followed.I"m waiting for some sort of plateau, because the quality is improving across the board save for the totally hapless.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #176 on: March 28, 2011, 12:45:41 PM

Man U to play versus MLS All Stars again.

Bleh.  Last year they won 5-2.  I wonder what would happen between Man U and any of the individual teams.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: March 28, 2011, 07:04:24 PM

Man U to play versus MLS All Stars again.

Bleh.  Last year they won 5-2.  I wonder what would happen between Man U and any of the individual teams.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Real Salt Lake if healthy makes them  kick it into 90-95 percent to win as the Royals are playing right now.  RSL are on a whole different level at the moment. the passing, the movement, the interplay, watch them.

Based off what I've seen this year, RSL might survive relegation in the EPL. Attractive soccer.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:06:04 PM by sigil »
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #178 on: April 04, 2011, 11:39:31 AM

Yeah RSL is playing really well from the games I've seen - they and Colarado seem to be the teams to beat in the West. I was at the Whitecaps game Sat. - we came back from a 3 - 0 deficit to a 3 - 3 tie. 2 goals scored in the 91st and 93rd minutes - stadium went fucking nuts. Am really enjoying this league so far.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: April 05, 2011, 09:08:19 PM

You were at that? Soo Jealous.

RSL just knocked off Saprissa. Now they go to the CONCACAF Champions League final. First American team to do that. 180 minutes from Tokyo. Just have to beat Cruz Azul. Or Monterrey.  Hoping Azul, ,the Buffalo Bills of Mexico
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: April 06, 2011, 02:16:45 AM

That was a pretty massive brick wall Spurs hit last night, Crouch obviously the culprit of their downfall.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: April 06, 2011, 03:20:29 AM

Nah. Think they would have got done regardless. Pretty stupid but.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: April 06, 2011, 04:28:59 AM

Chelsea, United should be interesting.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #183 on: April 06, 2011, 08:36:25 AM

I am hoping I remember to keep my media blackout intact until I get home to watch it. Facebook is usually where I get tripped up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #184 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:08 AM

Inter getting hammered by Schalke like that really surprised me. I thought Inter was better than that. Good luck overcoming 3 goal deficit. Spurs... well, it's Spurs. Did anyone really think they were getting very far with Gomes in goal?

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:40 AM

I am hoping I remember to keep my media blackout intact until I get home to watch it. Facebook is usually where I get tripped up.

Yeh that does me in every Saturday, if not Facebook the other halfs dad is brutal for telling me if I see him. I've reduced myself to using livescores.com.

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #186 on: April 06, 2011, 12:40:38 PM

Watching it now . MNU seem to be playing the better game so far.

WCFC against New England tonite's - taking the lad and gonna chant my ass off!
Edited out score for those on blackout!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:47:41 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: April 06, 2011, 01:57:40 PM

United very lucky there, totally outplayed in second half & Evras lunge at the end was a stonewall penalty. I'll take it though, considering some of the bad decisions that have gone against us in recent encounters with Chelsea (eg. Drogbas' offside goal last season and David Luiz staying on the pitch in the last game).

Next leg set up to be a barnstormer though.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: April 06, 2011, 10:01:37 PM

Utd - Chelsea is the only tie still in the balance. What a disgrace for Inter, Suprs and Shatkar.

I would think the winner of Utd - Chelsea would make the final too, with the way Schalke was playing.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: April 07, 2011, 10:35:20 AM

Shaktar an underfunded team from a second rate league make the Q. Finals & they're a disgrace? Not to mention Spurs who have been a revelation in their first CL outing? The smell of bullshit from that post is veritably toxic, go back to reading your tabloid.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:28 PM

yes, those of use who were watching the Jol/Ramos death rattle are ok with getting as far as we did. Now, to get into 4th...
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: April 09, 2011, 07:57:24 PM

At what point did I say making the QFs was a disgrace, or that they didn't deserve to be there?  why so serious?

Thought the performances were very poor in the QFs, and basically killed all but one of the ties.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: April 11, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Liverpool again proving they are better off without Gerrard, should have sold him off to Chelsea too (when they had the chance).

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #193 on: April 11, 2011, 02:10:54 PM

Please shut the fuck up.

WayAbvPar

Reply #194 on: April 12, 2011, 01:39:13 PM

Blatantly stolen from elsewhere, but funny enough to pass along-

David Blaine's 40 day world record for doing nothing in a box has been broken by Fernando Torres.

Just a SHOT.

Also hahahahahahaha fuck you, Chelsea.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #195 on: April 12, 2011, 02:15:08 PM

As a Liverpool fan who watched 35 million pounds buy 2 goals against Man City, I can safely say Cheers, Chelsea! Have fun living and dying by a fucking hamstring.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:08 PM

Fuck Chelsea indeed  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Three best bits of business this season have to be Hernandez for 6 million, swapping Carroll and Suarez for glass legs and Van Der Vaart.

Dzeko and Torres have to be the worst , but then at least with Torres you know he might come good next season (nah).

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #197 on: April 12, 2011, 03:00:44 PM

I think Torres will eventually come good, but I don't think he's going to be worth the 50 million - his injury history is just too spotty these days. It's one of the reasons I wasn't at all bothered to see him go. Dzeko needs time, but more importantly, he needs PLAYING time. Mancini keeps chopping and changing the lineup like he's Rafa Benitez. Good luck forming any sort of chemistry when you do that. Coming from the Bundesliga to the EPL is just a huge fucking change. Lots of Bundesliga teams are playing that diamond formation of 4-4-2 and I think only Chelsea has even come close to that type of formation in the last few years. He has to not only learn how the refs are going to call the game (totally different in England), but figure out a completely different style of defense, against better defenders than he's used to dealing with.

You're completely right about Hernandez for 6 million. That's a goddamn steal.

WayAbvPar

Reply #198 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:14 AM

There is a notorious Mexican SA member who was raving about Hernandez when the deal was announced. I assumed it was his normal pro-Mexico crap, but then I saw in in the World Cup. And then in the Community Shield...the kid is a beast. He and Rooney together are a nightmare for a defense...he makes great runs, and Rooney can make some pinpoint passes (like the cross in for the offsides goal yesterday). Rooney is also ok at the scoring part, so you can't play him solely to cross.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #199 on: April 20, 2011, 12:22:44 PM

Arsenal v Spurs tv feed on espn2 is fucking b0rked as hell for everyone?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #200 on: April 20, 2011, 02:08:47 PM

I had the ESPN3.com feed running in another window on my computer at work and it seemed fine in the second half at least.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #201 on: April 20, 2011, 06:32:59 PM

Espn3 was fine but I needed that to watch the Copa del Rey. The tv feed was worthless all game, which is odd.

Looking forward to Wednesday's champs league game, got a whole lot more interesting with Barca losing.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:07 PM

Espn3 was fine but I needed that to watch the Copa del Rey. The tv feed was worthless all game, which is odd.

Looking forward to Wednesday's champs league game, got a whole lot more interesting with Barca losing.

I'm more interested in what's going on in  about a quarter hour from this posting.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #203 on: April 20, 2011, 08:55:12 PM

Yeah, that was a helluva London derby.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: April 20, 2011, 09:29:13 PM

FT Monterey 2 Real Salt Lake 2

Second leg @ RSL's Rio Tinto, where RSL has not lost in all competitions in 38 games.
WayAbvPar

Reply #205 on: April 21, 2011, 09:00:52 AM

Do they use away goals in CCF CL? I can't remember- the Sounders never get past the group stages  Ohhhhh, I see. If so, wow.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #206 on: April 21, 2011, 10:24:01 AM

RSL was pretty fortunate to get out of that 2 - 2 from what I saw, which was most of the second half. Away goals is the first tie breaker so they are in a pretty good place except that they were getting shredded at the back.

-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: April 21, 2011, 04:34:05 PM

RSL was pretty fortunate to get out of that 2 - 2 from what I saw, which was most of the second half. Away goals is the first tie breaker so they are in a pretty good place except that they were getting shredded at the back.

RSL controlled play after the first 20 until the half. Morales had an awesome move to grab the equalizer.

http://youtu.be/Cb6EeuwQQrY
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:41:35 PM by sigil »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #208 on: April 22, 2011, 12:16:12 AM

Probably going to the game. Tough ticket so it is expensive for a crap seat, but a CONCACAF final game 2 miles from my house? How can I not pull the trigger?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: April 22, 2011, 03:45:01 AM

Good man, also away goals rule is in effect, WAP.

Meanwhile This goal from Agudelo would make a highlight reel for just about any team.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer)  
Jump to: