Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer)  (Read 68454 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: April 22, 2011, 04:33:21 AM

That was an outstanding finish, the fact he had two players around him makes it even more so.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #211 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:38 AM

That was amazing.   Heart

I have a friend that has season tix for the Red Bulls.  Maybe I should go visit....
WayAbvPar

Reply #212 on: April 22, 2011, 08:29:49 PM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #213 on: April 23, 2011, 12:12:43 AM

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I had seen that a tackle took place but hadn't watched the game to see the tackle yet. Fuck me, that makes my balls shrink up into my body.

On a more pleasant note, Real Salt Lake played pretty well. It's going to be hard to beat 2 away goals with RSL at home. And speaking of RSL, I got to see former RSL striker Robbie Findley's English debut playing for Nottingham Forest today. He only got about 10 minutes and didn't do much, but good to see him popping up in the Championship.

WayAbvPar

Reply #214 on: April 23, 2011, 09:23:58 AM

As long as he doesn't pop up on the national team EVAR AGAIN.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:21 AM

Not much better for spurs with a fucking draw to west brom.... but

awesome, for real Such poetry, thanks to soccernet.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:57:08 AM by sigil »
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: April 25, 2011, 11:35:19 AM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
WayAbvPar

Reply #217 on: April 25, 2011, 01:11:38 PM

I can't decide if the sound is worse than the leg waving all over independently.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #218 on: April 25, 2011, 01:30:08 PM

I have not been able to get that fucking sound and image out of my head all weekend. Every time I've watched football, I keep hearing it in my head and it makes me fucking cringe.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #219 on: April 25, 2011, 01:56:45 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of twitter, Darron Gibson.

I think I'll pass on the Twitter account, thanks.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: April 25, 2011, 02:54:23 PM

Gibson's problem is that most man u fans are smegheads.  awesome, for real
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: April 25, 2011, 03:32:56 PM

Gibson is a decent player and has progressed at a good rate this year. Like OShea he won't set the world alight in every game, but he's a good squad player.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #222 on: April 26, 2011, 11:58:35 AM

Neuer is going to be a pain in the balls, apparently. Maybe MancU can buy him this summer!

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: April 26, 2011, 01:48:41 PM

SAF shaking Neuers' hand at the end, sign him up  awesome, for real

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #224 on: April 26, 2011, 06:15:58 PM

I think Neuer is top5 and may be the best keeper in the world at the moment. He should end up at an English club the second his contract is up.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: April 27, 2011, 06:35:38 AM

He's going to Bayern.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: April 27, 2011, 07:26:01 AM

That's the rumour, it hasn't been announced yet who he's goin' to.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #227 on: April 27, 2011, 07:54:29 AM

Bayern has a history of buying up all the good German players in the Bundesliga except when they get outbid by the big clubs outside Germany, like when Osil went to Real Madrid last year. If Sir Alex wants him, Bayern will be outbid, period. There isn't enough money in the Bundesliga to compete in the transfer market with the likes of Spain and England.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #228 on: April 27, 2011, 01:43:12 PM

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: April 27, 2011, 08:37:51 PM

That's the rumour, it hasn't been announced yet who he's goin' to.

Hold on to hope. I will too. But it sounds very much like he is going to Bayern.  Heartbreak
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #230 on: April 28, 2011, 12:05:43 AM

Fairly?  He only beat 7 guys there single handedly.  awesome, for real

The guy truly is amazing.

I'm a sad panda that RSL lost, especially since the goal they gave up was truly dreadful.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:49 PM

Barca were disgraceful again with their play acting & I was hoping for a decent game. I know United have Nani, but Barca have Alves, Busquets, Puyol & Pedro. These lads need a kick in the nads.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: April 28, 2011, 04:44:18 PM

Fairly?  He only beat 7 guys there single handedly.  awesome, for real

The guy truly is amazing.

I'm a sad panda that RSL lost, especially since the goal they gave up was truly dreadful.

Agreed. That was a true utah final though, the big guy totally failed to show up.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #233 on: April 30, 2011, 01:22:42 PM

Barca were disgraceful again with their play acting & I was hoping for a decent game. I know United have Nani, but Barca have Alves, Busquets, Puyol & Pedro. These lads need a kick in the nads.

There is trying to draw a call by going down under contact and there is pretending to have been maliciously injured whenever you have the slightest chance to act as if someone has jabbed your eye or broke your ankle.

Fuck Barcelona and fuck the reffing in that game. Yes Messi is on a completely different level. At least I can rest easy knowing he will never make a world cup final. Dirty son of nazis piece of shit that he is.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: April 30, 2011, 07:14:51 PM

Gomes pretty much singlehandedly sends Spurs down to Europa league. Fitting because he plays like he only has one hand.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #235 on: April 30, 2011, 10:05:53 PM

That loss today means Spurs could still be out of Europa League with the way Liverpool has been playing. That last game of the season may be worth something after all.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: May 10, 2011, 07:16:03 AM

Right well that's that United have sealed a record amount of titles with their best performance of the season. Giggs has been a revelation this year, of all years, he always adds a spark but this year he's really delivered more, experience composure, creativity, great to watch. Sad to see Scholes become a fringe player but the legs are getting tired now. Big shock for me was seeing Carrick actually have a decent run of games, about time too I was beginning to think Ferguson had lost it. Never doubt the big scot though he knows his shit.

Now how to counter Barca, I think they have been giving too much credit for their sideways football. No better team setup to counterattack than United at the moment. I reckon it could be tighter than people are talking about, especially as Barca have been riding their luck lately.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #237 on: May 10, 2011, 12:32:33 PM

WayAbvPar

Reply #238 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:12 PM

Is there any hope they throw the selections out? Qatar is going to be a fucking joke.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #239 on: May 10, 2011, 12:45:09 PM

Yeah, I'm all for spreading the game, but Qatar? Is there even any indication they'll have viable stadiums built by that time?

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #240 on: May 10, 2011, 12:49:44 PM

Two of the paper's investigative journalists told the committee in a letter that a whistleblower who had worked for the Qatari bid told them in December that the country "had paid $1.5 million to two FIFA ExCo members - Hayatou and Jacques Anouma of the Ivory Coast - to secure their votes.''
Reporters Jonathan Calvert and Claire Newell added that "a similar deal had been struck with Amos Adamu, although he was prevented from voting because he was suspended following our original article."
awesome, for real
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: May 15, 2011, 12:02:19 PM

From seattle last night

http://youtu.be/2a9aB8i92SQ

WayAbvPar

Reply #242 on: May 16, 2011, 08:49:33 AM

I was there- just across the player tunnel from the tifo. Very impressive! Wish I could say the same about the weather. God it was fucking miserable.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: May 16, 2011, 03:20:22 PM

The drawing the line from the past to the present was special, and then at then end with picture of crazy ass Leveque  being strung up with 48 Seconds! underneath. I was rooting for Portland but I still thought that was a great "Fuck You" to the Tims.

WayAbvPar

Reply #244 on: May 16, 2011, 04:10:24 PM

Haha yeah, the Levesque thing was genius. I don't really get WHY he is so loathed by the Timber faithful, but using him to troll them just cracks me up. He has bought into it too, which makes it even more fun. Hopefully we can field a few more first teamers in July and kick their ass.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer)  
Jump to: