Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:20:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: M11 Drafting + newb Q's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: M11 Drafting + newb Q's  (Read 32399 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 06:08:40 PM

I don't know why I thought a return to Mirrodin would be any better than the last visit there. Set sucks. It feels like they mashed Fallen Empires and like, I don't know, The Dark together. It's terrible.

Ha ha, Fallen Empires and The Dark, yikes.

The idea of an artifact-centric block just seems dumb to me. Magic is 5 colors and a splash of artifacts, elevating artifacts to the main attraction is like an all-dessert restaurant.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:56 PM

I dunno, Zendikar was a land-centric block and that worked out fine.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 05:47:21 AM

It's not the artifact part that's annoying. It's the poison counters and any other counter you can recur due to proliferate that makes it feel like Fallen Empires. Might as well be making spore and thallid crap.

I say The Dark just because it's full of dumb overcosted crap with a shining card here and there like Maze of Ith was way back when.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 09:47:39 AM

Contagion Engine is even more rediculous then I thought. Fuck that card is stupid in limited.

By itself it doesn't seem that great to me, but I'm assuming the set has lots of counters to make it good?

You saw that it puts -1/-1 on every creature the opponent has for 6 and if you untap with it gives all those creatures -2/-2 for 4 next turn and if they have a poison counter on them gives your opponent +2 poison counters right? Its playable without playing an infect deck if only to eat up one of their artifact removal spells.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 04, 2010, 11:13:14 AM

I was only talking about the card standing by itself which is nothing special then.  I wasn't aware how counter heavy scars was so I'm guessing its amazing in the set, possibly first pick good.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #75 on: October 04, 2010, 11:41:44 AM

Its not constructed material but its first pick in draft I'd say if you are going anything but rush down aggro/tempo. Schild overstates how many counters are in the set I'd say. Blue gets proliferate and Green and Black get infect and there are a few artifacts for both mechanics. Also at this point neither infect or proliferate are going to make standard though after the rest of the block comes out that will likely change.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: M11 Drafting + newb Q's  
Jump to: