Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 04:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arche Age  (Read 307289 times)
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: September 30, 2014, 07:45:35 PM

If you have a partner on the ground, bumping AFK people with trade packs off of the airship seems like a potential gold mine. I did it yesterday solo but couldn't find the corpse and pack when I went back.

That is hilarious as fuck.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #841 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:36 PM

If you have a partner on the ground, bumping AFK people with trade packs off of the airship seems like a potential gold mine. I did it yesterday solo but couldn't find the corpse and pack when I went back.
Idealy your friend should have a harpoon fishing boat as well:

WayAbvPar

Reply #842 on: September 30, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

Haha that is a great screenshot.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: October 01, 2014, 05:03:21 PM

wtf is even going on there
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #844 on: October 01, 2014, 06:19:59 PM

The smaller, hanging boat probably shot the bigger airship with a harpoon, which lifted it out of the water and is carrying it along?

If there's a way to climb up that harpoon line, rob everyone on the airship, climb back down, and then drop your boat back in the water I will declare this is the best game of all time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:21:33 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: October 01, 2014, 06:44:05 PM

Fuck, I need a harpoon clipper.  That is fantastic.
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: October 02, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

The smaller, hanging boat probably shot the bigger airship with a harpoon, which lifted it out of the water and is carrying it along?

If there's a way to climb up that harpoon line, rob everyone on the airship, climb back down, and then drop your boat back in the water I will declare this is the best game of all time.

Wait so you basically get to be Bane in the 3rd Nolan Batman movie? Jesus.

Yeah, I'll suck up some labor points stupidity to try that out.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: October 02, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

Or if the big ship can drop that small one into a volcano or non-copyrighted sarlacc pit of sorts
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: October 06, 2014, 04:31:09 PM

At low levels so far the best entertainment has been the trial chatlog.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #849 on: October 07, 2014, 08:21:59 AM

"I have no excuse for what I did.  But I got a big dick."

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: October 07, 2014, 12:52:49 PM

I'm enjoying this game, but as feared, I'm beginning to see chat devolve more and more into the nightmarish hellscape that one expects to see in a PvP game.  I suspect everyone but the total fuckwits will eventually be driven away, which is sad, cuz it's a fun game.  I even like getting ganked, somehow.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: October 07, 2014, 01:08:19 PM

I turned off Faction chat, and Nation isn't awful now that the spammers are gone. Trial is better too, post patch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: October 07, 2014, 02:46:51 PM

At this point there shouldn't really be global chats anymore.  At most, just give the players the ability to make their own channels and let them decide what to join.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #853 on: October 07, 2014, 02:59:42 PM

Defiance launched without global chat, and that wasn't cool nor did feel right.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #854 on: October 07, 2014, 03:00:33 PM

But then, it was also Defiance.

WayAbvPar

Reply #855 on: October 07, 2014, 04:16:24 PM

I was told I was a terrible person today. Got a tip that there were some plots in Gweonid available, so had my scarecrow ready to go. Came around a house into a clearing and saw 2 guys from the same guild standing together. I saw a spot for my farm, so I planted it. And lo, the wailing and gnashing of teeth began. I offered to demo it for 50g, but they couldn't afford it. Ya snooze, ya lose.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: October 08, 2014, 02:34:44 AM

A cool naval battle between galleons showing the crucial role of smaller ships too.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #857 on: October 08, 2014, 02:35:30 AM

I was told I was a terrible person today. Got a tip that there were some plots in Gweonid available, so had my scarecrow ready to go. Came around a house into a clearing and saw 2 guys from the same guild standing together. I saw a spot for my farm, so I planted it. And lo, the wailing and gnashing of teeth began. I offered to demo it for 50g, but they couldn't afford it. Ya snooze, ya lose.

Gratz on getting your farm planted.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #858 on: October 08, 2014, 06:19:02 AM

A cool naval battle between galleons showing the crucial role of smaller ships too.

Don't often see folks post failures, good on them.  The detail into the ships is amazing, watching the pulley creep-up the sail line in the foreground during one of the turns at the end I was thinking, "Fuck, 10 years ago we couldn't get half of this."

My only real complaint is that due to HPs the cutter is able to act like a blocker, instead of blowing to flinders and sinking when the galleon hits it while severely damaging the galleon, if not sinking it as well.  Game physics!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: October 08, 2014, 07:40:34 AM

True about that. Supposedly next patch (already live in South Korea) will introduce ramming damage, but no one knows how it will impact battles like this yet.

WayAbvPar

Reply #860 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:58 AM

Have they set a date for opening Auroria yet? I might throw down a thatched farmhouse or some such up there.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: October 08, 2014, 11:48:55 AM

Been playing the shit out of this with friends. Questing is still the worst I have ever seen. But now that I am mostly done with quests, all I see are beautiful zones and I forget there are quest hubs in it.

It really is the closest to the feeling you get with playing SWG early days. Be warned, in this game, everything takes a group working together, as it should be. You also need to find your own way around 30-40. Racial quest ends at 30.

Have they set a date for opening Auroria yet? I might throw down a thatched farmhouse or some such up there.

"A Few weeks" TM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: October 08, 2014, 12:08:15 PM

It really is the closest to the feeling you get with playing SWG early days. Be warned, in this game, everything takes a group working together, as it should be. You also need to find your own way around 30-40. Racial quest ends at 30.

Crap, I'm 28. No more hopping from quest giver to quest giver?!

- Viin
Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: October 08, 2014, 12:45:57 PM

I hit 50 last night, on purpose.  I stopped for a bit and got my archeage finances in order around lvl 30 and have been farming and building and doing trade runs.  Apparently the best in slot weapon for all classes is a Hasla weapon which requires about 150 specific tokens that have a chance in dropping from certain mobs in Hasla. 
This is a pretty dumb grind, but it does draw a lot of pvp into a certain area with both factions trying to farm the mobs while simultaneously being outfarmed by your own faction.  The good news is that with the expansion coming, this hasla weapon grind will probably disappear before most people get a chance to see it, I'm not really sure. 
My next goal is to build a farm cart.  You can make huge money just farm carting 3 tradepacks at a time in purely non pvp zones or saving them on your house till a pvp area goes peacefull.  Much faster than a donkey.
WayAbvPar

Reply #864 on: October 08, 2014, 02:05:36 PM

Just gather/farm/craft/etc your way to 50!

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: October 08, 2014, 03:27:32 PM

I like getting the purses.  Free larceny skill!

I'm starting to run into quests needing charcoal stabilizers.  From what I read it's going to be a real pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:07:28 PM by Bzalthek »

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: October 09, 2014, 09:52:23 AM

I'll be hitting level 40 tonight. The 30-40 range is brutal, so I've been just crafting to level. Buy a vocation pot to double my labor experience and a way we go.

I can't wait to be max level so I can actually play the game.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: October 09, 2014, 10:14:28 AM

45+ is hell. And level 50 and Hasla, if you are not in a big group, are simply quitting & uninstall material.

WayAbvPar

Reply #868 on: October 09, 2014, 10:19:09 AM

I'll be hitting level 40 tonight. The 30-40 range is brutal, so I've been just crafting to level. Buy a vocation pot to double my labor experience and a way we go.

I can't wait to be max level so I can actually play the game.

Shit I keep forgetting to do that.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: October 09, 2014, 11:37:18 AM

45+ is hell. And level 50 and Hasla, if you are not in a big group, are simply quitting & uninstall material.

I run with PRX in these games.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: October 09, 2014, 12:26:23 PM

Sorry, should have worded that a bit better. The racial quest, green "?", stops at around 30 ( Silent forest on the east ), there are indeed, more quests, and hubs in every zone.

Just gather/farm/craft/etc your way to 50!

I Can safely say, i have gotten at least 12 of my 40+ levels just from crafting/harvesting. I skipped entire zones of quest hubs because of it ( though I did do my racial for the guilda ). Also, keep in mind, Trade pack turn ins grant you 3k level XP, each. using my farm cart, that's 9k xp for a single run, and I normally do round trips.

It is very true, this game offers many ways to play, and level. Hell, we have some guild members we call "farm boys", because for the most part, they never leave our production areas. They have shit for gear, and high levels.

I'm starting to run into quests needing charcoal stabilizers.  From what I read it's going to be a real pain in the ass.

Its fun times doing across the sea trade packs ( No joke, I love it ), and your crafters will love you for the charcoal. Get a group.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:34:26 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: October 09, 2014, 01:06:15 PM

I run with PRX in these games.

A good guild can really make or break your playing experience in a pvp-heavy game like this.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: October 09, 2014, 01:09:15 PM

A good guild can really make or break your playing experience in a pvp-heavy game like this.

It can really make the difference in any MMO.  There's something about having people to play/chat with during more mundane periods that really makes these games more enjoyable.

Why do you think I played DAoC for 6 years?  It wasn't because of awesome mechanics.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: October 09, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

That's the reason i run with the goons on almost every game i play now, at least there is almost always enough of them around to have a healthy guild.

I am the .00000001428%
WayAbvPar

Reply #874 on: October 09, 2014, 02:43:56 PM

That's the reason i run with the goons on almost every game i play now, at least there is almost always enough of them around to have a healthy guild.

Same. It would be more fun to have an F13 guild, but we are neither populous enough nor do we tend to play anything longer than a month or two.

Are you in the Aranzeb/West goons? I am Bubbrubb there  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age  
Jump to: