Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:39:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arche Age  (Read 301663 times)
Daztur
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 07:15:49 PM

I dunno, I am kind of interested in bringing down a row of archers sitting on a wooden platform. From the articles I have been reading, seems the combat is twitchy.

As for the player models, I would not go by the videos really:

That's wierd, if you read the Korean it sounds like Ark/Arc not Arche.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 08:46:12 AM

Beside the two big projects (GW 2 and TOR), this is the MMOG I'm looking forward the most
From what I hear about Arche Age, North American localization and distribution is not not active and could be years away. I think the same is true anywhere outside Asia.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 09:41:04 AM

New interview with Jake Song over at Massively.com (various topics covered):

http://www.massively.com/2010/11/02/massively-exclusive-jake-song-talks-archeage/

How many "sandbox features" will be cut at launch? :P

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 02:59:50 PM

A long (8m 14s), in-game trailer showing various game features, like sieges, naval combat, labor, destroyable environments and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alk-c8J9PXA

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 03:19:16 PM

Oh hey, it now looks like a Korean made Final Fantasy game, complete with Pirates of the Carribean movie knockoffs!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 04:00:43 PM

Game features? Where?  Ohhhhh, I see.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 07:05:03 AM

A long (8m 14s), in-game trailer showing various game features, like sieges, naval combat, labor, destroyable environments and more.

Thats rather amazing.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 07:59:01 AM

Thats rather amazing.

I like the idea of it, but like all early MMO footage, it shows kind of an ideal version of the game if people play in the spirit the game is intended.  Add in a few thousand actually people and things are going to change pretty quickly.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 08:22:34 AM

I'd also dissent on the inevitable "what good art!" comments. At this point every single Asian made MMO looks exactly the same. Same lighting, same backdrops, same character models, same hair and clothing, everything.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 02:20:21 PM

Man, every time those people fight some mythical beastie shows up. you'd think they'd just learn to chill out by now.

Anyways, I think it looks rather neat. The idea of planting crops and having them grow, knocking down trees etc make the environment appear very interactive.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:43 PM

Note to Korea: a girl that looks like a malnourished sub-Saharan child is not, in fact, attractive.

I find it curious that this was released for a major Korean trade show with such obvious bugs on display (ex: half the arrow flights in the siege freeze in midair before hitting the ground).

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 22, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

There are also the random holes in the ships that show up (not cannon ball holes, just shit like seeing the inside of a cabin randomly).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:32 AM

Detailed closed beta report (in english, with screenshots):

http://community.archeage-online.com/topic/96-archeage-review/

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 06:44:37 AM

Detailed closed beta report (in english, with screenshots):

http://community.archeage-online.com/topic/96-archeage-review/

Sounds good on paper, but if its actually fun to play remains to be seen.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 07:40:57 AM

Note to Korea: a girl that looks like a malnourished sub-Saharan child is not, in fact, attractive.

I find it curious that this was released for a major Korean trade show with such obvious bugs on display (ex: half the arrow flights in the siege freeze in midair before hitting the ground).

Eh, I'd rather know it's unfinished then be shown 1/100th of the game that they've finely polished.

Tortage anyone?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 10:05:30 AM

The most important question is: Betty or Veronica?

Personally I favor Veronica.  Not because she's rich, because she's hot.

(yes, I know this has been discussed before.  It's Arche Age, not Archie Age.  Every time I see the tread title that question pops back into my head and I want that to stop, so now I'm dishing it off onto all of you! HA!)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 10:24:33 AM

Veronica, but Zii beats her hands down.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 06:51:28 AM

Looks like the english website is undergoing some revamp. Umm, once you click to access one of the sections, the layout becomes somewhat...."questionable"; I guess the web team was drunk.

http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameIntros

Still, no new info, really. I noticed they added one more race, called "Ferres", and there is also an entire new area dedicated to "ability" (good luck trying to understand something by looking at the layout :P)

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:29 PM

*Does the Necro Dance*

- Closed Beta Phase 3 (starting at the end of May) trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEc5P5OJAY

- ArcheAge China announced, and here is a 7m trailer, with Devs comments (subtitled in English..w00t!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRa39ykyZgE

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:19 PM

Darkfall is soooo fucked why so serious?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 03:49:09 PM

So a 3rd gen MMORPG is UO in 3D? why so serious?
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 03:49:35 PM

I really like their setting and style.  I've got my eye on this one, with no expectations.  Just interested to see how it transforms.  
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 04:12:40 PM

Is it too much to hope that this game won't have either horrible grinds or a stupid cash shop attached?  yea...it probably is.

I would love this to pan out, but I can't expect it to.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 05:23:40 PM

Is it too much to hope that this game won't have either horrible grinds or a stupid cash shop attached?  yea...it probably is.

Apparently this is the Lineage designer, Jake Song, at work.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 01:27:39 PM

There was only one brief glimpse at the UI and someone playing, which hotbars and all.

Is there any info on how you play this game?  Leveling?  Questing? Just exploring and killing shit?  Is there levels and classes?

Just curious.  Looks cool, but it's Asian.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:02 AM

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:50:49 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 06:42:50 PM

Funny how little things like that rope climbing have quite an impact when you see them.   If the airship isn't pilotable someone needs a kick in the nuts.   Also WTF rabbit eared kanagroo mounts.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 06:49:46 PM

I read this thread as Archie Age, and now I'm disappointed I can't visit Riverdale online.

I did the same but never commented.  I figured nobody would recognize the reference.  You have restored my faith. 

I know this was said months ago, but I do not care. It's been happening to me every time I see it has new posts and driving me crazy.

God Save the Horn Players
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 09:31:12 PM

It's ... driving me crazy.

Head scratch

Why do you need to be driven to crazy? I thought everyone agreed you were already there.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 06:23:29 AM

She has bouts of sanity.  We must crush those.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 06:39:05 AM

Funny how little things like that rope climbing have quite an impact when you see them.   If the airship isn't pilotable someone needs a kick in the nuts.   Also WTF rabbit eared kanagroo mounts.

Ships are fully craftable and seem to require others to sail. Its one of the more advanced ship systems I have seen outside of the Disney title. I am guessing that the airship is mass transit.

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 07:48:42 AM

some actual mid-level gameplay
and more of the same, for the other faction i guess

although suspect it's either from some sort of event or a teaser of "endgame" possibilites and as such skips the soul-crushing resource gathering part...
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 11:07:30 AM

Maybe because it's Asian, or because they player sucks, but it doesn't look as twitchy as most games are.  I.e. keyboard pounding to win the GCD.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #68 on: May 10, 2011, 11:09:16 AM

She has bouts of sanity.  We must crush those.

For real, they get kinda bothersome.

God Save the Horn Players
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 12:50:50 PM

It looks like a normal Korean grinder from that mid-level gameplay video. I shut it off after a few minutes. It made me not interested in the game.

I like how the guy knew exactly where to stand when the bridge blew up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age  
Jump to: