Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: StarCraft II 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: StarCraft II  (Read 295678 times)
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #700 on: August 26, 2010, 11:18:20 AM

It seems to me that the Dimaga was pretty significantly outplaying Morrow.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #701 on: August 26, 2010, 11:29:48 AM

Terran's OP  awesome, for real

Seriously though, Terran > Zerg right now.  For most people it makes no difference because you end up making so many mistakes it really doesn't matter anyway, but even Morrow admitted it.  You could tell he felt a little bad after winning his last semi final game, saying the strategy he used was imbalanced.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #702 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:16 AM

His heavy-reaper opening is savage.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #703 on: August 26, 2010, 11:53:52 AM

the funny backstory is that Dimaga actually showed the reaper opening to Morrow and it won him the tournament more or less. It took Morrow all of one day to semi-pratice a build and win the first major SC2 tournament with it :))))

Watch the Dimaga - Tarson 3th/4th place. Great, great games all of them.

ps: plugging my friend's site. It's pretty awesome if you haven't seen it. You can watch all of these, K9's too, with day9 commentary on the esl site.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #704 on: August 26, 2010, 03:16:38 PM

Meh, Morrow had a food lead for most of that game and was able to pressure forward to expand almost every time. Hindsight and all that, but if he killed that early hatch and didn't make a dozen vikings, he probably could have turned that around.

Dimaga should certainly get an award for not A moving his army into the siege tank line and for spreading Morrow out at the end. He probably could have went even better with drops and tunnels and what have you, if you see how many forces that little zergling drop drew away there. Now imagine that at another expansion or two simultaneously. No way the tanks can be at all those places.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #705 on: August 26, 2010, 03:43:31 PM

I was talking more at the end of the game. Though I thought it was interesting how Morrow had more food than Dimaga even though Dimaga had more exps. Morrow did have quite a few more harvesters the whole match though.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #706 on: August 26, 2010, 04:16:04 PM

For a interesting contrast game: http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4049854/

Same Map, TvP, Morrow vs. Idra.

Note: that link will spoil the results of that IEM tourney, if anyone cares about that and hasn't seen it.

-edit- sentence needed more words.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #707 on: August 27, 2010, 09:48:08 AM

I've been gorging myself on Day9 dailies. That dude is awesome.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #708 on: August 27, 2010, 12:21:03 PM

Met him at gamescom. Super awesome irl, as much as he is online.

Btw some more good news - his brother (tasteless) and artosis are casting the gsl in korea. It will be glorious

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #709 on: August 27, 2010, 04:07:43 PM

So anywho, patch in mid sept!

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/554901

Whole bunch of build time changes to rush units (zealots, reapers), siege tanks getting taken out back and shot (going from 50 damage in siege to 35+15armored), ultralisks taking a minor damage hit and gaining the ability to splash damage against buildings (removing Ram attack, since it was actually hurting ultralisk dps)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: August 27, 2010, 04:16:48 PM

Oh man that siege tank nerf is brutal
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #711 on: August 27, 2010, 06:28:22 PM

so glad I'm learning zerg.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #712 on: August 27, 2010, 06:42:15 PM

So I manned up and did placement games. I go 4-1, I macroed terribly (not enough unit producers, leftover resources, etc), yet I get put in motherfucking platinum...WTF, I'd like to not get hosed, thanks. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #713 on: August 27, 2010, 06:54:20 PM

http://www.livestream.com/vyyye MLG SC2 Live stream is up. Done for the night, starts up again tommorow at 10 AM Eastern. Not sure if that particular streamer will be up again or if you'd have to get it from the MLG site. I can never get the MLG player plugin to work correctly myself  sad

Husky+HD are casting some games, Day9 and some dude I don't recognizeJP casting the other games. Seem to be alternating casters every other match up.
(edit - figured out who the dude was)

The Tank nerf is less devastating then it seems at first... but it WILL make mech weapon upgrades very important. It will reach into that "If I have +1 tank weapons, then no armor zerglings die in one hit" territory. Currently Mech weapon upgrades are kinda meh, since both the tank and thor just put down like a jillion damage a shot regardless.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:11:17 PM by Fordel »

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #714 on: August 27, 2010, 06:57:28 PM

so glad I'm learning zerg.

*shrugs* I think Terran is still viable, its not like they are drastically over nerfing, though maybe 40+10 would be slightly better than 35+15, though I'm talking out my ass, they have more info than me.

Though I think Zerg is worth of learning, I have a sneaking suspicion that Zerg has been the least tapped to this point and that there are some seriously pimp zerg plays out there to be figured out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #715 on: August 27, 2010, 07:12:03 PM

"CatZ" earlier in the MLG had a really interesting Infestor harass. His timing was off (only just), but I think it set off light-bulbs in a lot of zerg players heads.

He had two burrowed infestors, with enough energy for 2 Fungal Growths each. He was like, 5 seconds away from wiping out EVERY SCV his opponent had, but the Terran had just transitioned half his SCV's to his expansion. All of a sudden, Terran has to worry about detection in TvZ.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #716 on: August 27, 2010, 09:07:21 PM

I've been practicing with infestors a lot recently. Against SCVs Fungal growth and some infested terrans is cheaper energy-wise and should do the same job in most cases.

In the last few games I've been going  lings, infestors and ultras and totally skipping air or anti-air. It works pretty well as long as you are good with growth and infested terrans, and build lots of queens. The nice thing about it is you can concentrate on melee dps and armor improvements and totally skip ranged.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:50 PM

Queen play certainly seems like it is under utilized currently, but now that more zerg are focusing more energy/effort into creep spread, maybe we'll see more core queen play?

They are just so damn slow off creep though :(

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: August 27, 2010, 11:13:50 PM

Listening to him for a few minutes makes me want to punch.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #719 on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:25 PM

Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FYgWk1PYg
Heart
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:43:37 PM by jakonovski »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #720 on: August 28, 2010, 05:15:12 AM

You must be a grumpy and depressed human being.  Day9 is so good that I almost want to keep watching even though I'm not really playing.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #721 on: August 28, 2010, 08:05:06 AM

MLG is going again, started at 10 am Eastern. Finals will start at 5 pm Eastern supposedly, but live events are live and all that.

Will have to use the MLG stream for now, its plastered all over their front page.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #722 on: August 28, 2010, 11:55:53 AM

I did too but then I got used to him after about 20 minutes.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #723 on: August 28, 2010, 12:24:31 PM

Bah, how the fuck did I get into platinum? My resource management is horrendous and I get stomped...

All-in proxy rax cheese is also not amusing, though there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #724 on: August 28, 2010, 04:09:06 PM

MLG is over, does anyone give a fuck about this other then me?  why so serious?

Spoiler'ing Anyways!

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #725 on: August 28, 2010, 05:27:13 PM

I've been off and on watching some recordings of it. Seems like some really, really good protoss players
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: August 28, 2010, 08:08:07 PM

MLG is over, does anyone give a fuck about this other then me?  why so serious?

Spoiler'ing Anyways!

I watched it!  Pretty damn entertaining.

Poor zerg : (  1.1 can't come fast enough.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #727 on: August 29, 2010, 12:04:54 AM

I watched a ton of it live. Got kinda boring watching mirror games although the micro was really impressive.  In one of the semis there was an epic 5v5 colossi battle though that was cool from just a visual standpoint.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #728 on: August 29, 2010, 12:46:03 AM

All the Mirrior match-ups can enter the realm of "this is just silly" (looking at you 40 vs 40 viking wars), but I dislike the PvP one the most. 9 times out of 10, it's who can 4 gate better.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #729 on: August 29, 2010, 06:04:03 AM

All the Mirrior match-ups can enter the realm of "this is just silly" (looking at you 40 vs 40 viking wars), but I dislike the PvP one the most. 9 times out of 10, it's who can 4 gate better.

If you can manage to hold off you can absolutely devastate a 4gate build with colossi, but getting 2-3 of them out to where they can start turning the tide can come too late.  I was experimenting with doing anything but 4 gating in PvP because I just thought it was lame, but I generally didn't come up with anything especially good.  The early pressure + instant reinforcements from proxy pylon means you pretty much need to equal them in the unit count.   Doing anything with cannons can be effective, but the cost of them is really prohibitive.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #730 on: August 31, 2010, 03:05:51 PM

After two weeks without a PC I'm back and trying to play in gold. Get two games as protoss against Platinum players with 150+ wins each, get ground down hard. Then get a TvT, decide to try the 6-rax marine spam. Hoooo boy, is that shit easymode.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #731 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:46 PM

After two weeks without a PC I'm back and trying to play in gold. Get two games as protoss against Platinum players with 150+ wins each, get ground down hard. Then get a TvT, decide to try the 6-rax marine spam. Hoooo boy, is that shit easymode.

Cheese your way up the ladder!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #732 on: August 31, 2010, 03:58:20 PM

I'll just use it to balance out getting cheesed as zerg or protoss :p

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #733 on: September 03, 2010, 07:55:22 AM

I am so terrible at this game but I cannot stop playing it.  I also cannot take the time to actually learn how to get decent, so I'm sure all the games I'm playing are just reinforcing terrible habits that will keep me terrible forever.  But I seriously cannot stop.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: September 03, 2010, 11:06:06 AM

Awesome PvZ Game

Ironwood needs to watch this

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: StarCraft II