Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Frontierville 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frontierville  (Read 19567 times)
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 07:41:40 PM

I think I waited 5 days and thorns grew back.

Also, was there some kind of update yesterday or today? It's runs like molasses now, at work and at home. I know my computer is getting old but I would hope I can still play a flash game.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 07:21:22 PM

Yea, there's a performance issue, being worked on.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 07:23:51 PM

Thorns aren't random, lemme find out on Monday. Yea, that quest was a problem for me also but it was all put in (and I did the quest) before I started working on it so I'm not clear on debris growth details at the moment.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 07:39:15 PM

The debris growth is actually one of the more interesting parts of the game IMO; it reminds me of a cellular automata system (like the Game of Life) in that growth of certain things is influenced by other things nearby.  If it were a little deeper I bet you could build an entire game around it.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 10:01:33 PM

Yeah, but can you get Joe Facebook to pay $20 for a stack of mitochondria?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 03:38:05 PM

Yea, there's a performance issue, being worked on.

Things are back to normal today, maybe even better. Still crashes pretty reliably with IE 6 though.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 03:46:34 PM

IE 6 is for cavemen.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 04:55:49 PM

Well from the multitude of CRT's at my work we're not far from. I'm surprised we don't still have rotary phones.

schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 08:02:09 PM

If it were a little deeper I bet you could build an entire game around it.

I would never.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 06:07:47 PM

Frontier Jack needs to plant himself some eggplant.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 06:56:39 PM

Frontier Jack's horse needs to count for the quests when feeding it.  Too few of my neighbors have horses and they're always fed already when I'm visiting. 

And trees sprout way too damn fast.  I clean out everything in the open area where I'm letting stuff grow, next day I have 4-5 saplings already. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 06:59:24 AM

Frontier Jack needs to plant himself some eggplant.
I have put in a request for this.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 09:37:18 PM

Too many sadistic quests.  Just too many.  I think I might be at my burnout-and-block point.   embarassed

schild
Administrator

Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 11:08:51 AM

Talking about the master farmer quests? If so, things are in the works to make them less.... well, less "sadistic" as you put it.

I'm on those also for the record.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #49 on: July 18, 2010, 12:04:43 PM

The thorn quest (with thorns that refuse to grow), the school marm quests (with collectibles that refuse to drop), dependencies on items that I either need to neighbor-whore for or spend ridiculous numbers of horseshoes on (why can't I spend my horseshoes on NPC "neighbors" like I can in Mafia Wars?)... I haven't even gotten to the "own 150 chickens" quest that I've heard about, which is good because I think it'd lock up my computer.  When I started seriously contemplating making a bunch of Facebook alts to give me the requisite neighbor count I knew it was time to remove the app for a while.  I'll check it out again when the stuff on the signs is implemented.  Assuming I don't need to build any more buildings to get to that stuff.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:07:17 PM by Samwise »

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 20, 2010, 10:27:25 AM

OK. I'm done with Frontierville. I've been playing at least once per day, since this thread first appeared (thereby making me aware of the game). Here's my $20 beta run-down. It's long, so I'll spoiler it.

(edited for typos)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:30:01 AM by Hutch »

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:28 PM

There is something seriously messed up for the neighbors for me. People I KNOW are playing and I KNOW have me as their neighbor and I KNOW I added to be my neighbor do not show up on my stupid neighbor bar. And yes I know about the arrows on the side, the game is just convinced these other people, who come to my farm and do chores for me do not exist. It MOSTLY annoys me because I can't go return the favor! >:(

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Frontierville  
Jump to: