Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:41:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Frontierville 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frontierville  (Read 19583 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 12, 2010, 06:23:41 PM

Topic.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:24:06 PM

"Me am play gods"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 06:24:10 PM

Sup.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:07:16 PM

Fourth.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:11:18 PM

Reply to the wrong thread.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 08:04:43 PM

Stuff?

At least you get energy back faster than in Treasure Isle.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:19:50 AM

nt

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 05:29:03 AM

My 6 steps to getting off Facebook forbids me to speak of it. In fact, I blokt it outright as soon as I saw it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 11:18:39 AM

Tried it, lasted 4 minutes, blocked the app.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:11 AM

[/html]

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 12:09:03 PM

Very very clicky.  Very very spammy but the rewards for the popups don't seem worth it.  I hate that I can't get the coin/heart/star/food off my screen when they pop up.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 01:39:30 PM

Tips & Tricks:

1. Use Menus to delay the bonus timer emptying.
2. If you get a gopher when farming mass crops, don't kill it right away. As long as a gopher is up, you can't get another.
3. Different click items fill the meter at different rates, but the meter will discard any pending fills until it hits each level. You want to work fast to fill it, but not too fast or use bigger items when it's about to reach a new level.
4. It's oftentimes more convenient to kill the critter you spawned for more rewards per 1 Energy, except with gophers.
5. You can click in the client when you are in the middle of a Facebook posting. Rewards will disappear if you don't get them right away.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 09:04:18 AM

Bug report: one of my neighbors isn't showing up in my neighbor toolbar thing.  It seemed like there was some sort of glitch when I accepted the neighbor request.  He shows up in the list in the "Neighbors" tab, but I can't visit or hire him.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:14 PM

This is going to sound silly, but have you scrolled all the way to the left to see if he's there?  I had two neighbors who had accepted invites but I couldn't find them on my list anywhere.  Turns out, Frontierville will always make the left most window of your neighbor bar an "invite more" image and it's possible that your friend is on the other side of that.  That's where I found my two friends.  I have a feeling that there is a level check or something that determines if/when people will appear to the right of the invite more window.  That or there will always been at least 2 neighbors on the left of that invite more stuff.  It's annoying, IMO.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 04:09:32 PM

You know what, that was quite possibly it -- but I went to check just now and he's showing up, so maybe they fixed the UI.  (I'd had two "invite more" spots, and now I have just one.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 08:12:39 AM

I wish I could get frontierville to stop spamming my wall without blocking the damn thing.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:59 AM

You can hide an app's updates without blocking it completely, no?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 10:48:03 AM

Um...

I seem to have lost my wife behind a tree or something.   ACK!  Is there any way to switch the character you're controlling without being able to see them?  I don't want to move my entire orchard and clear my old growth forests looking for her.

(This seems to happen a lot with visiting people who want to do work -- they always hide behind one of my goats so I can't click on them until I move the goat.  Pain in the ass.)

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:25:14 PM

Had this happen to me but I was rearranging things in my area so I found the husband.  Found this tip on the game forum though:

Lost Spouse/Child
Odds are pretty good they are hiding behind something. To force them out of hiding, go to the family album and select "customize" on the character you are missing.

Then hit "Play"

This will make them the active character and you can point an click to make them come out of hiding.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:27 PM

Aha!  I even went to the family album hoping I could click on it to activate them, but didn't think to try changing the customization.  Thanks!

schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 06:39:59 AM

I haven't been around because I've been back and forth to Maryland working on this. Just thought I'd put this in a thread only 5% of the people here read.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 09:34:09 AM

Oh hey, I just noticed that I can grind sheep/flax/cotton to make cloth/ribbon.  It would be cool if there was a similar option for the other obnoxious building materials.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:34 AM

You mean like trying to get fucking NAILS!!!

/grumbles

I wouldn't mind it so much if there appeared to be an option to either send nails to others (and then get them back) or just acquire them in some other way, but I've had the hardest time getting any for the barn quest (just to get a stupid kid) that I've slacked off playing the past few days.  Tedious grinds I can handle, I do play MMOs after all.  Seemingly impossible grinds that force me to neighbor-whore myself out just on the off-chance I'll get some parts I need... not fun or interesting.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 10:11:03 AM

You mean like trying to get fucking NAILS!!!

/grumbles

I wouldn't mind it so much if there appeared to be an option to either send nails to others (and then get them back) or just acquire them in some other way, but I've had the hardest time getting any for the barn quest (just to get a stupid kid) that I've slacked off playing the past few days.  Tedious grinds I can handle, I do play MMOs after all.  Seemingly impossible grinds that force me to neighbor-whore myself out just on the off-chance I'll get some parts I need... not fun or interesting.

They're giving you a choice. You can neighbor-whore, or you can buy horseshoes. They're trying to make money here.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 09:48:50 PM

Is it just me, or is money (gold, coins, whatever) nearly useless in this game?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 12:11:28 AM

You can convert it into XP by buying decorations.  Other than that, yeah, pretty useless.  Be nice if we could buy horseshoes with large quantities of gold.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 12:24:00 PM

Or if we could buy wood...or food...etc.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 08:52:47 PM

FUCK bears hiding behind trees.  Which you then have to chop down at 2x the energy cost because you CAN'T CLICK ON THE BEAR TO SCARE IT AWAY BECAUSE IT'S BEHIND THE TREE.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 01:57:32 PM

There's about a 75% that this will crash my IE at work when I try and load the game which is not fun since I have 3-4 windows open most of the time.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 06:48:51 AM

There is an article in the NY Times (front page of the Arts section), about Frontierville.  Yeah, I get the actual, physical paper every day, get off my lawn Get off my lawn!

Oh, also a quick search turned it up on their website also http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/arts/television/06frontier.html?_r=1&ref=arts
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 08:53:50 AM

FUCK bears hiding behind trees.  Which you then have to chop down at 2x the energy cost because you CAN'T CLICK ON THE BEAR TO SCARE IT AWAY BECAUSE IT'S BEHIND THE TREE.

Bears, snakes, neighbors, spouses. The game needs to let you rotate the field, or make objects transparent to clicks, or something.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 11:21:10 AM

Bears, snakes, neighbors, spouses. The game needs to let you rotate the field, or make objects transparent to clicks, or something.

Or make all of those things automatically pop to the front, because they're all things that you can very easily move if they're in the way.

schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:03 AM

We know this happens sometimes. Likely fix is likely. I'll find out when on Monday (on Vacation til then).
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 01:43:24 PM

Hey schild, any chance you can share with us the formula for how new thorns grow?  I have two quests that want me to clear thorns, but I cleared all mine away long ago and I can't figure out how to make more grow.  I know trees have something to do with it, but I don't see any showing up in my forests.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 03:38:43 PM

Someone on the forums posted that it seems to take ages for thorns to grow back.  Maybe by the time I ever finish my stupid barn (and get the retarded kid) I'll have some grown back as well.

Could I request making snakes appear from bones a bit more random?  It's annoying to have to kill them each and every time I clear bones out.  Yes, extra XP and all that, but the "fights" are just blah.  I don't even get all that much extra xp any more because all my "wild growth" stuff is at the bottom of my plot, so I sometimes only get 2 whacks before the snake is dead.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Frontierville  
Jump to: