Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 568620 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: March 16, 2013, 04:42:03 AM

There's a reason this (link to an image) is in spoilers. Don't look if you don't want to be spoiled  why so serious?
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:34 AM

Sweet.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: March 17, 2013, 12:37:30 AM

So.... just as an aside I watched "The Mist".

I felt like I was watching an episode of The Walking Dead. (Mostly because three actors from The Mist are also in The Walking Dead.)

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: March 17, 2013, 01:01:56 AM

The Mist was also written and directed by Darabont.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #844 on: March 17, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

And it was also a heaping pile of shit because the screenplay differed from the short, in almost every negative way possible.  Ending was terrible, just terrible.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: March 17, 2013, 02:58:01 PM

You said it, so I didn't have to.

EDITED to Add :

Ok, that last episode was the worst we've had yet.  So, so, so fucking stupid.  This seasons going to shit.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:42:51 PM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #846 on: March 17, 2013, 04:00:09 PM

And it was also a heaping pile of shit because the screenplay differed from the short, in almost every negative way possible.  Ending was terrible, just terrible.
Awww, really?  I liked The Mist quite a bit, and thought the ending was delightfully fucked up.  You don't get shit like that in Hollywood outside of the Twilight Zone normally.

Granted, I have't read the short, but I still liked the movie a lot.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:26 PM

Ok, that last episode was the worst we've had yet.  So, so, so fucking stupid.  This seasons going to shit.
I agree with the worst episode yet.  It was completely lame and solved nothing except making me want to bitch-slap people around for their idiocy.  There's only 3 episodes left (2 after tonight) so it can't really get too much worse than that, and hopefully the previews indicate SOMETHING actually happens.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #848 on: March 17, 2013, 07:31:10 PM

I felt like I was watching an episode of The Walking Dead. (Mostly because three actors from The Mist are also in The Walking Dead.)

From what I've read, Thomas Jane from The Mist was originally offered the role of Rick Grimes, but turned it down, and worked on HBO's Hung instead.  It could've been an even bigger reunion engineered by Darabont.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #849 on: March 17, 2013, 08:52:05 PM

Saw that coming but didn't see it coming.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: March 17, 2013, 10:29:51 PM

Ok, that was easily the worst episode of this show to date.  I'd take a Season 2 talkfest episode over this cavalcade of bad clichés. 

It would probably be faster to just list the things I actually liked about this one:

Glen Mazzara is listed as one of the writers of this episode.  He's the now  the second ex-showrunner.  The new one for Season 4 is Scott Gimple, who's listed as the writer for the next episode.  It'll be interesting to compare, keeping in mind that the overall plot still has to follow Mazzara's 'vision'.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: March 19, 2013, 08:38:08 PM

Four, Sam Witwer from Being Human played the dead soldier inside the tank in season 1.  Darabont had planned a "Black Hawk Down" with zombies prequel about the fall of Atlanta starring him.

I am the .00000001428%
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:19 AM

Someone is finally going to pay for her fuckstupidness.  Yes, that's a real word dammit.  Episode was almost pointless.  Stretching out the season again. 
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #853 on: March 20, 2013, 08:20:39 AM

Or it seen as further misogyny from the writers, female character repeating acts random and stupid and slutty until she is deeply unpopular then she will be punished and killed for a "gets what she deserves" catharsis.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #854 on: March 21, 2013, 08:22:46 AM

Someone is finally going to pay for her fuckstupidness.  Yes, that's a real word dammit.  Episode was almost pointless.  Stretching out the season again. 

This. The episode was a completely circular waste of screen time to stretch out a season. Andrea's continued idiocy is just SO rage-inducing.

SO MUCH STUPID.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #855 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:09 AM

That was possibly the worst episode they've ever done.  It was like watching a completely different show.

-Rasix
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: March 21, 2013, 11:46:00 AM

You know in anime, you get to a point where an episode is so bad, so pointless, that you just scrub it from your mind. This was that episode. Complete, utter filler.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #857 on: March 21, 2013, 11:50:02 AM

I disagree. The 60 seconds of the governor laying out his implements of destruction was worth it.

It was only 59 minutes of filler.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: March 21, 2013, 11:51:05 AM

Oh and the super creepy whispering...
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #859 on: March 21, 2013, 01:58:24 PM

Here's my speculum.  Here's me tapping my speculum again to bring attention to it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #860 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:08 AM

I disagree. Though creepy, it just left me puzzled. I mean, we knew the Governor was fucked up, but they seem to be taking great pains to show JUST HOW FUCKED UP he is and to hit the audience over the head with LOOK AT ME I'M EVILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's overkill. Keeping the heads in a jar was enough. Killing the army guys including the chopper pilot was enough. By now, we KNOW he's evil. We don't need Snidely Whiplash Saw Torture Pr0n levels of evil. We don't need zombie pit fights. We get it. We can't root for him at all. Everything they've done to humanize him as someone who "just wants to create a safe place for his people" is totally undermined by all those things piled on. It's taken what could be an interesting, conflicted character into cardboard cutout.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #861 on: March 22, 2013, 12:05:32 PM

It supposed that we are watching is the evolution from benevolent dictator to psychopath.

"Me am play gods"
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #862 on: March 22, 2013, 12:22:26 PM

It supposed that we are watching is the evolution from benevolent dictator to psychopath.

I got more of a "used to be a psychopath gyno and then I was only secretly crazy and now I'm back to what I used to be before ww:z" kind of vibe.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: March 22, 2013, 12:36:43 PM

I got a "the writer is terrible and is trying to turn him into some third-rate slasher movie villain wannabe" vibe.

Over and out.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #864 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:01 PM

I got a "the writer is terrible and is trying to turn him into some third-rate slasher movie villain wannabe" vibe.

lol, ya
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: March 24, 2013, 10:12:57 PM

You know what the walking dead needs? Less people acting in character. Oh wait...
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #866 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:51 PM

We can't root for him at all. Everything they've done to humanize him as someone who "just wants to create a safe place for his people" is totally undermined by all those things piled on. It's taken what could be an interesting, conflicted character into cardboard cutout.

We were never meant to root for him. I didn't see anything done to humanise him. He has never wanted to create a safe place for his people. He has never been a conflicted character, just a sick fuck. The thing with his daughter was just more of his sickness.

I don't know what the comic book version is like, but the TV version has consistently been portrayed as a single-minded psychopath. The only people meant to believe he's got any redeeming factors are the citizens of Woodbury. We are meant to know he's fooling them, not be like them.

But he's never been a benevolent dictator. He was a fake from the start. He's only ever been using Woodbury, in the way a psychopath manipulates people and treats them as disposable.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #867 on: March 25, 2013, 05:14:01 AM

But he's never been a benevolent dictator. He was a fake from the start. He's only ever been using Woodbury, in the way a psychopath manipulates people and treats them as disposable.

Exactly this. And Rick's speech toward the end was supposed to be the thing that highlighted this the most.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:05 AM

The problem I had with Rick's speech at the end is now he's completely flipped from how season 2 ended.  Is the group a democracy again?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #869 on: March 25, 2013, 08:17:43 AM

Yeah. He said as much in the speech. Something along the lines of, "All that shit I said after the farm was dumb."

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28:32 AM

And for once he was right.  Shane might have been a total dick but he was absolutely correct in every single thing him and Rick disagreed on, apart from the whole wanting Lori thing were both were wrong in wanting the stupid bitch.

I am the .00000001428%
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #871 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33:40 AM

Wow, I like this show a lot more than you guys do.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: March 25, 2013, 08:38:38 AM

Wow, I like this show a lot more than you guys do.

I do too. I think I am just able to suspend my disbelief because I figure that people would not be acting rationally you know, because apocalypse and all. I didn't read the comic though so maybe that has something to do with it?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #873 on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:29 AM

No. I like it a lot. Does it have its faults? Yes. It's still damn good TV watching as far as I'm concerned.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #874 on: March 25, 2013, 12:01:25 PM

I'm not feeling it this season. Dialog stupid. Plot stupid. Focus each week seems to be on how gross killing zombies can be.

I never read the comic either. I just think that this is the worst season of this show.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: