Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 568602 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #490 on: February 22, 2012, 05:28:02 PM

I think the barn is why the farm had little issue with walkers.  As the roamers migrated around they sensed there was already a group of zombies on sight so moved on.

Shame they killed off the barn.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: February 22, 2012, 07:50:00 PM

I thought it was mainly because of that swamp that the zombies would get stuck in.

I am the .00000001428%
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:37 AM

Beginning to hate Andrea. Oddly this was the first episode I even mildly like Lori.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: February 27, 2012, 01:24:04 AM

I wish they wouldn't fuck with Andrea so much.  She's such a badass in the comics.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:56 AM

I can't talk for comic Andrea, but this episode TV Andrea surpassed even Lori in Needs-to-dieness. And that is quite the feat.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #495 on: February 27, 2012, 08:40:19 AM

Still hate Lori the most by a far margin.  Extremely shallow character that a misogynist stereotype of women. Andrea is a bitch. That's not a bad thing especially in a world gone to shit.  If Lori needs help with laundry Glenn and Dale should be helping out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:50:47 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: February 27, 2012, 09:11:35 AM

But it is a bad thing. From a pure rational viewpoint the most scarce resource are living humans. Letting them kill themself in a fit of depression is not the way to a brighter future.

Lori still is a useless person, but at least this episode she didn't threaten the continued survival of the group. For a change.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #497 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:10 AM

People who aren't interested in survival are a burden to the group.

"Me am play gods"
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #498 on: February 27, 2012, 09:35:16 AM

Post-revelation Herschel should be leading the group. Rick is way too forgiving. Shane is confirmed as an unsalvageable shitpile. For all of his "You can't keep the group safe" pussyrubbing, they've lost one person in the form of a developementally challenged girl and picked up an awesome piece of property and increased the group by two breeding couples and a medical person who is going to turn out to be an ex-SEAL or some other sort of ultimate badass. Point: Rick.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #499 on: February 27, 2012, 11:09:16 AM

they've lost one person in the form of a developementally challenged girl

I think you are forgetting Jim, and Amy, and Jacqui, and Merle. Oh and probably Morales's entire family.

That being said, I still agree with you. Other than the whole "These guys must have been infected by scratches. I know, I'll cut my hand open and then smear it on zombie heads repeatedly!"

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #500 on: February 27, 2012, 01:24:32 PM

That being said, I still agree with you. Other than the whole "These guys must have been infected by scratches. I know, I'll cut my hand open and then smear it on zombie heads repeatedly!"

My wife and I were debating this last night, which prompted a few Google searches.

Apparently the "zombie virus" is not what kills you:  it's what reanimates your corpse.  Smearing their blood all over your open wounds doesn't kill you, it just guarantees that your corpse will reanimate.  Apparently the bite itself is much like the bite of a komodo dragon where the fever and infection are caused by something other than the zombie virus.  I don't want to start a neckbeard fight here, but it does explain that if that's the canon the writers are going by, why they can have zombie corpses draped all over themselves while they have their own open wounds. 

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #501 on: February 27, 2012, 01:28:56 PM

Apparently the bite itself is much like the bite of a komodo dragon where the fever and infection are caused by something other than the zombie virus. 

This is pretty much how I had it figured as well, which is why the whole "it must be from scratches!" scene made no sense to me.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: February 27, 2012, 01:51:25 PM

I think you are forgetting Jim, and Amy, and Jacqui, and Merle. Oh and probably Morales's entire family.

I excluded them on purpose. Jim and Amy were infected before Rick became "leader" (at least in my opinion) in that zombie rush at night, Jacqui commited suicide with Jenner, The Morales family left on their own to go in a different direction. Merle is a fair point though, I should count him.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: February 27, 2012, 03:56:03 PM

My take on the dead cops.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: February 27, 2012, 05:21:08 PM

Really quite liked this ep - the shot of the walker in the field that Shane kept staring at was particularly moving for me.

Also, the song that they closed out with was fucking awesome.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #505 on: February 27, 2012, 05:45:17 PM

My take on the dead cops.

I need to rewatch the episode- this was a pretty good observation.  Minus the lack of gunshot wounds or whatever.

It is obvious the bus was occupied by families.  All in all I was totally absorbed in the "oh shit tons of fast zombies all of a sudden!"

Now my mind wonders if they were more recent then previously dealt with zombies?  They seemed much more agile and faster then others we have seen.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #506 on: February 28, 2012, 05:53:19 AM

Really quite liked this ep - the shot of the walker in the field that Shane kept staring at was particularly moving for me.

Did you notice that he was on Shane's side of the car, walking the same direction the car was travelling - both coming and going.  awesome, for real

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: February 28, 2012, 07:30:55 AM

For once The Talking Dead afterwards wasn't a complete waste of time. Scott Wilson had a lot of pretty interesting things to say, I wish they would have ditched Kevin Smith and the guy who plays trunk boy and just talked to Scott. Apparently Scott's mother told him to take the part after they had watched the show together and she had read the scripts. They also have a big picture of her as a young woman in Herschel's house.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:15 AM

I found myself sympathizing with Andrea rather than Lori over the idea of suicide. Andrea's correct in that people who want to kill themselves need to have a reason not to. Otherwise it sucks group resources in trying to prevent their suicide.

With regard to the division of labor - why can't Dale do laundry? What the hell else does he do besides be on watch? At least Glenn is a good scavenger.

I don't like Andrea all that much (particularly not after her shooting Daryl - what a boneheaded move that was) but I still cannot stand Lori. She's setting up Rick to kill Shane now as though that is the only solution to the Shane problem. Why not try to convince him to leave instead? Because Lori's a worthless bitch who loves manipulating these two guys while she secretly hates men (what else explains her dismay over watching her own kid man up like he has?).

I do like Carol. Maggie so far too.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:49 AM

She's setting up Rick to kill Shane now as though that is the only solution to the Shane problem.

I see Shane as setting up Rick to kill Shane now as only solution to the Shane problem. Shane is bugfuck crazy and isn't trying very hard to hide it, plus that fight didn't help very much.

Lori being sad at watching her kid man up can be attributed to being sad that he has to man up. Childhood is over at what, 11 for TV Carl? That would upset and depress any parent. My kid starts kindergarten next fall and I'm sad about that. There's not even zombies involved, just expensive nuns and the fact that our house is districted for a really bad school.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: February 28, 2012, 03:02:44 PM

I finally really liked Rick.  He put Shane in his place and is thinking long term for the good of the group.  Shane belongs in the evil human camp, he can watch as women get raped and any injured get capped.  Rick is right, Shane needs to come back from the abyss and rejoin 'society'.  Shane will comply for now, he doesn't want to end up like the solitary zombie. 

He just needs to change his perspective, forget Lori and go bang Andrea who's practically his groupie.  But what fun would regaining his sanity be on a TV show? :)

I, too, sided with Andrea.  You can't expend resources doing a suicide watch indefinitely.  It was a crude plan but worked well.

Meta:  Jon Bernthal (Shane) is going to be on Frank Darabont's new TNT series, so I'd say he's walker-chow.  He's a damn good actor too.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #511 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:08 PM

For once The Talking Dead afterwards wasn't a complete waste of time. Scott Wilson had a lot of pretty interesting things to say, I wish they would have ditched Kevin Smith and the guy who plays trunk boy and just talked to Scott. Apparently Scott's mother told him to take the part after they had watched the show together and she had read the scripts. They also have a big picture of her as a young woman in Herschel's house.

Yeah, that was some good stuff.  Minus trunk boy.  God he sucked- actually made me cringe from his ackwardness.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: February 28, 2012, 05:24:37 PM

That's odd.  I think Randall(?) aka trunk boy was a regular on Rescue Me as Dennis Leary's son and he was solid.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:38 PM

The cops had no marks at all, i assumed given the topic of the episode that it was suicide.  Same as the people inside.  It was kind of odd that they were all packed in a closed building and the two guards were outside alone.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: March 02, 2012, 06:36:17 PM

The guys can do laundry and she can STFU about making excuses about why they can't.

From a pure rational viewpoint the most scarce resource are living humans

That's been my thought. Maybe it's our common infection with The Gay, but I keep hearing Neil Patrick Harris "we're in it for the species, boys and girls". You don't just get to off yourselves when you're genes are a valuable commodity.

Overall, I will watch anything with reanimated corpses, but these people have had long enough to get their priorities straight and I'm losing patience for the series.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: March 03, 2012, 01:55:46 AM

I have a real problem with Shane cutting his palm with the same knife he sunk into a walkers head two seconds before.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:37 AM

He'll be fine, he's got Chuck Norris blood.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: March 03, 2012, 12:46:22 PM

I have a real problem with Shane cutting his palm with the same knife he sunk into a walkers head two seconds before.

Specially after the talk about how the guards turned from mere scratches literally five minutes before.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: March 03, 2012, 01:27:49 PM

Yes.  Exactly.

It's either fucking stupid or something's going on.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #519 on: March 04, 2012, 07:41:16 PM

re the latest episode - fuck me this did not go where I was expecting it to. Do not read the spoiler before watching.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: March 04, 2012, 08:57:36 PM

That was a really good episode.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:02:18 PM by angry.bob »

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: March 04, 2012, 10:22:15 PM

Wowzers. Though I'm still left wondering if the cow is a zombie cow? Guts on the ground and mooing doesn't exactly sound great. Cue ground beef joke. Fear the zombie bears.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #522 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:04 PM

I got distracted during the big debate scene towards the end... because I realized I had completely forgotten about T-Dog (me and the writers both).  After I saw him there with the rest of the group I was trying to think if he had a single line of dialog in the last 2 or 3 episodes.  Hell, even Patricia got at least one line this episode.  Guess Dale didn't give a shit about convincing T-Dog to speak out at the meeting.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #523 on: March 05, 2012, 04:56:20 AM

Man, crazy episode.   ACK!

Things just got real.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:05 AM

Wowzers. Though I'm still left wondering if the cow is a zombie cow? Guts on the ground and mooing doesn't exactly sound great. Cue ground beef joke. Fear the zombie bears.

I think it was eviscerated and just taking a long time to die.  A bit of 1 minute foreshadowing. 

You know, it's pretty amazing how sneaky those zombies can be when they want to be.  Also, Carl seems to take after his mother when it comes to making brilliant decisions.

Over and out.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: