Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 558021 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 12, 2010, 03:00:51 PM

Rick also mentioned at the start they'd been drifting apart.  One wonders why.

Ohhhhh, I see.

OK, I've seen episode two.  Apocalypse situation, some people need shot in the head.  It's really simple.  Stop having emotional angst about it.  Shoot bad men in the head.  Oh.  And Zombies.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:31 PM

Her husband was shot, fell into a coma and supposedly got eaten by zombies. She moves on. Good for her.

If anyone's a dick, it's the police partner but I can't even get upset about that.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:01 PM

The guy on the roof will be ok, and will probably free himself.

When the clumsy black guy was running to unlock him, he kicked over a toolbox where one of the tools was a hacksaw. Who knows, it could have landed close enough to guy-on-the-roof (don't remember his name) for him to cut himself free.

or they could have just showed him kicking over the toolbox to show him fall. But I like my theory.

oh, and moving on = fucking your husbands best friend? In a zombie apocalypse? A week after your husband could probably be 'assumed' dead?

riiiiiiiight.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #143 on: November 12, 2010, 03:43:23 PM

We do not know if its been a week.  Or Two.  The hospital was pretty damn fucked up - as if they were under siege.  As far as we know someone was changing out his IV constantly, and once the group decided to move on they left him as a lost case. 

Our only hint of time is the flowers.  I am not a botonist, how long can your average flowers last assuming they have a source of water in the vase?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #144 on: November 12, 2010, 03:44:51 PM

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #145 on: November 12, 2010, 03:46:16 PM

We do not know if its been a week.  Or Two.  The hospital was pretty damn fucked up - as if they were under siege.  As far as we know someone was changing out his IV constantly, and once the group decided to move on they left him as a lost case.  

Our only hint of time is the flowers.  I am not a botonist, how long can your average flowers last assuming they have a source of water in the vase?

I AM a botanist! Flowers last about a week in water before they start looking like shit. Without water, they dry up. But once they're dry, they stay that way indefinitely, so flowers are an unreliable indicator of the passage of time. Rick's IV bag is, however, a very useful indicator.

Edit: my main beef with them not establishing the timeline is this: the hospital looked like something out of Silent Hill. After a week or two? The fuck? And why didn't any zombies smell the "vivre" on Rick and eat his guts out?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:48:32 PM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 12, 2010, 03:55:17 PM

I don't think their intent with the flowers was to accurately show how much time had passed just that time had passed. It's as good a metric as anything else you can find but I honestly don't think they were planning how wilted the flowers were.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #147 on: November 12, 2010, 03:58:21 PM

Yeah, me neither.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: November 12, 2010, 04:44:44 PM

Ask yourself how long will it take for the US army to roll a tank into the middle of Atlanta because the situation was that bad?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: November 12, 2010, 04:46:10 PM

Ask yourself how long will it take for the US army to roll a tank into the middle of Atlanta because the situation was that bad?

That is a good point.

TBH I detracted points for the opener. It was cool when 28 days later did it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: November 12, 2010, 04:50:11 PM

We do not know if its been a week.  Or Two.  The hospital was pretty damn fucked up - as if they were under siege.  As far as we know someone was changing out his IV constantly, and once the group decided to move on they left him as a lost case.  

Our only hint of time is the flowers.  I am not a botonist, how long can your average flowers last assuming they have a source of water in the vase?

I AM a botanist! Flowers last about a week in water before they start looking like shit. Without water, they dry up. But once they're dry, they stay that way indefinitely, so flowers are an unreliable indicator of the passage of time. Rick's IV bag is, however, a very useful indicator.

Edit: my main beef with them not establishing the timeline is this: the hospital looked like something out of Silent Hill. After a week or two? The fuck? And why didn't any zombies smell the "vivre" on Rick and eat his guts out?

Someone was kind enough to barricaded his room with a bed(or desk). Which come to think of it wouldn't prevent a determined zombie from getting in but whatever...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:20:22 PM by DLRiley »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #151 on: November 12, 2010, 06:13:53 PM

He probably smelt like shit too.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #152 on: November 12, 2010, 07:02:48 PM

That is a good point.

And pointing that out was cool 6 or 7 years back, when the first issue of the comic came out. It's something Kirkman has addressed on a number of occasions.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: November 12, 2010, 07:20:54 PM

That is a good point.

And pointing that out was cool 6 or 7 years back, when the first issue of the comic came out. It's something Kirkman has addressed on a number of occasions.
Didn't read the comic, so please spoil.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: November 12, 2010, 07:22:42 PM

I subtracted points at first too but they obviously want you to discover the full-fledged outbreak along with the main character. How else could they do it? Coming back from a mission in space?

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: November 12, 2010, 11:48:02 PM

Ehrm, yeah it was cool then. Except seeing a guy's dick unnecessarily for a strangely long time. The theater I was in sure got a hoot out of, though.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: November 13, 2010, 02:20:22 AM

That is a good point.

TBH I detracted points for the opener. It was cool when Day of the Triffids did it.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:36 AM

The more I think on it, the less I like Whore Lori.  In the comics, she merely made one mistake and regretted it enormously.  I guess it's more dramatic to have her be a whore who likes it from behind while her wedding rings look on, but it bothers me a little.

Perhaps it's meant to.

Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: November 13, 2010, 03:39:42 AM

The more I think on it, the less I like Whore Lori.  In the comics, she merely made one mistake and regretted it enormously.  I guess it's more dramatic to have her be a whore who likes it from behind while her wedding rings look on, but it bothers me a little.

Perhaps it's meant to.

If there was ever a way to measure such a thing, I think that episode 2 is responsible for the most people screaming "whore" simultaneously at a single person/character in all of history. In fact, every time I see her in a commercial I can't help but mutter "slut" under my breath.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #159 on: November 13, 2010, 05:02:43 AM

That is a good point.

Didn't read the comic, so please spoil.

Not a spoiler.  Kirkman was asked about this again recently by Entertainment Weekly, so here's his response:

"Welcome to my life seven years ago. It was complete coincidence. I saw 28 Days Later shortly before the first issue of Walking Dead was released. That first issue came out in October of 2003 and 28 Days Later was released in the States in June of 2003. So we were working on our second issue by the time I saw it. It was going to be a matter of somehow trying to restage the entire first issue, because it was a very similar coma opening. I made a decision—which I pretty much regret at this point—I said, “You know what? It’s so different [from that point on], I will probably never hear anything about this.” And I was wrong. It was a little annoying. But great minds think alike, right?"
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: November 13, 2010, 08:03:40 AM

Oh that's sad  Heartbreak
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: November 14, 2010, 11:26:26 PM

The guy on the roof will be ok, and will probably free himself.

When the clumsy black guy was running to unlock him, he kicked over a toolbox where one of the tools was a hacksaw. Who knows, it could have landed close enough to guy-on-the-roof (don't remember his name) for him to cut himself free.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 15, 2010, 01:18:26 AM

Yes.  Almost certainly.  The foreshadowing was there.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #163 on: November 15, 2010, 05:39:18 AM

So good.

And rednecks are so dumb.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #164 on: November 15, 2010, 07:29:46 AM

I think enough details were dropped in the last episode to confirm that the outbreak had been going on for more than a week or so. They made it pretty clear that the hospital kept running after the outbreak started. Assumably, nurses were still around changing his IV, and there was a plan in place to medivac the patients. They had hundreds of bodies piled up at the hospital, so obviously there was some organized effort to control the outbreak for a while, until eventually it overran them. So assumably he woke up a few days to a week after the hospital fell.

Now that does bring in to question
Zombie impossiblities - fuck off - zombie disease obviously converts ADT or P or whatever out of the guts the zombies eat, thus why they are always hungry. Duh.

Wife may be a whore, but she tries to deal with it in episode three. Partner guy has anger issues.
Only one real nitpick -

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: November 15, 2010, 07:58:37 AM

In the third episode, how in the hell  

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #166 on: November 15, 2010, 08:20:04 AM

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #167 on: November 15, 2010, 10:54:48 AM

In the third episode, how in the hell  

To be fair, they did show in the first episode that many of the streets were deserted if there was nothing to attract the zombies. Rick rode all the way in to downtown before he saw any. Thus why the people in the store got pissed off when he started shooting in the street and attracted so many of them.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: November 15, 2010, 03:20:47 PM

And yet we're drowning in vampire shows.  Fucking DROWNING in them.  And I'm not hearing a lot of 'but vampires couldn't exist.'  Cause, you know, Porphyric Anaemics, right ?  Oh, and you put a couple of sluts in Tron and it's ok too.  Hell, you want suspension of disbelief problems ?  Did you watch Dexter ?  Good God.

I sat as a kid and watched NotlD and I couldn't sleep for weeks.  I love zombies.  And you assholes are ruining it for me.

Adenosine Triphosphate.  Really.  You drag me back to Mr Kelly and my biology lessons when all I want to do is watch some guy say 'The Basements the place to stay !  We'll be safe there' as his daughter eats his fucking guts.

(Actually, was it Mr Kelly ?  I'm not sure he did Biology.  I remember his daughter though.  She was hawt.  I wonder what happened to her.)

HELL YEAH!  Didn't read the rest of your usual "I'm Ironwood, hear me roar!" crap, but I can get onboard with that!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 15, 2010, 03:22:37 PM

It's a shame.  Your opinion means so very much to me.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: November 15, 2010, 03:49:36 PM

I thought it was hilarious that they were afraid to eat the zombie chomped deer but boondock saints dude was hunting with arrows he pulled out of zombies and wiped on his pants.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:41:48 AM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #171 on: November 15, 2010, 11:10:17 PM

Well, he IS a redneck.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:33 AM

If we had a zombie Apocalypse the rednecks will be the first to survive.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #173 on: November 16, 2010, 08:52:06 AM

Because zombies eat brains?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:43 AM

Because zombies eat brains?

Rednecks are less likely to live in the city.
Rednecks are more likely to own a gun.
Rednecks are probably more prepared for living outdoors.
Rednecks are more liking to have blue collar skills necessary for rebuilding post apocalyptic world.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: