Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Splice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Splice  (Read 7484 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: May 24, 2010, 10:23:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3P6SQy_UMA&feature=fvw

I could have sworn they did this movie before, but with some hot sexy blond named Natasha.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:43:45 AM

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:49:43 AM

=

NSFW:

Also: Guillermo del Toro
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:52:19 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:53:17 AM

Fetuspult : The Awakening (?)

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:22:30 AM

As an Exec Producer. Which means fuckall. The trailers for this movie look terrible.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:43:46 PM

The director is the same guy who did The Cube, no?

Over and out.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:51:35 PM

The director is the same guy who did The Cube, no?

Yes.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 04:01:18 PM

Pig and elephant DNA just don't splice.

Though that hottie with four asses would be interesting...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 03:54:53 PM

I get a Pandorum feeling from this flick.  I may just take the plunge tonite.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 05:29:59 AM

It's getting awful reviews, a friend of mine saw it and fell asleep it was so bad.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 11:33:55 AM

It's getting awful reviews, a friend of mine saw it and fell asleep it was so bad.

For a "horror" movie, 72% on Rotten Tomatoes is far from awful.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 11:45:06 AM

I was just about to say the same thing.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:56 AM

Saw this last night, it was terrible. Bad acting. Bad story. Completely superficial attempt at morality. BAD.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 11:08:57 PM

Finally watched this tonight. I'm glad I didn't pay for it in the theaters. The movie is almost entirely built on the characters being completely fuckstupid. You know with most horror movies, the real stupid doesn't come out until the characters are being chased by the bad guys and you can forgive their stupidity a little because they are panicked? Yeah, not these two. These two commit fuckstupid acts within the first five minutes that sets the stage for the continual series of fuckstupidity all throughout the movie. I'm amazed I made it through the whole thing. It was beautifully shot, but very very fucked up. Prepare to be blinded by stupidity by the time this thing is over.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 08:40:49 AM

I watched this on video with friends last year and it was just hysterical toward the end. I mean the alien monster baby starts coming on to Adrien Brody and you're like "Okay, I see what's up, he's gonna reject it and it's going to get jealous of his wife." Except NO, Adrien Brody FUCKS THE ALIEN MONSTER BABY THING! The room rang with disbelieving laughter.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 12:03:42 PM

I actually liked this movie.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 12:44:18 PM

I watched this on video with friends last year and it was just hysterical toward the end. I mean the alien monster baby starts coming on to Adrien Brody and you're like "Okay, I see what's up, he's gonna reject it and it's going to get jealous of his wife." Except NO, Adrien Brody FUCKS THE ALIEN MONSTER BABY THING! The room rang with disbelieving laughter.

Yeah, that was really the height of fuckstupidity right there. I mean, it started out with the two of them making a freakshow human WTF hybrid and I'm thinking, "Why would you do that? What the fuck would possibly make you think this is a good goddamn idea?" and then it just spiraled into idiocy from there. I mean the whole thing was one long "What did you think would happen?"

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 01:20:12 PM

A retelling of Frankenstein. I mean why create a 8 foot monster made of mismatched dead body parts? To keep as a pet? Raise as your son? Lab assistance with a limited vocabulary. The science of it? It was a dumb premise by those standards a 100 years ago, yet every 5 year old knows about Frankenstein. Doing the story twice in a scifi-what-if-we-cloned-humans-but-made-them-not-completely-human is pushing it but you either like it or you really don't for the reason above.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 07:37:27 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 11:36:01 PM

Yeah, except this isn't the 1800's and the science they put forward for it really didn't fit. Mad scientist couple just didn't play well in modern times as it does with mad scientist in Victorian times.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 11:39:06 PM

look guys i can bring back the dead!
"you can  bring back vanessa"
"no not really. most likely she will have no memories and will behave like a ten year old at best. but no worries she is freakishly strong and hard to kill a marketable improvement hey?" Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
"... .........."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:06:04 AM by DLRiley »
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 06:34:44 AM

They didnt intentionally create the hybrid, it was a byproduct of an honourable pursuit.  They just decided not to terminate it.
In my eyes, the truly fuckstupid part was them locking the thing up in their barn like some kind of "special" cousin.   A more interesting premise would've been them publishing a paper, informing the press, and then seeing the fallout of that.  The Splice-girl was kinda hawt anyways... in today's society, she'd be a twitter-magnet.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 06:59:31 AM

Human cloning very illegal, people grab pitch forks when their told there lamb chops might be cloned sheep instead natural grown Ohhhhh, I see.. Now assuming there not sent to jail for crimes against nature and human decency, most likely everyone who sees the she-bitch will be thinking boom headshot. It is was obvious that this was a pride issue. Maybe when there 50 they can post on their twitter that they cloned a human and gave it the ultimate genetic combo of super genes thus inventing the first super hero or whatever but.as far as they are concerned their testtube baby will end in a very.perdictable shit.storm.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 12:03:00 PM

That all depends on the demeanor of the clone.  If Taylor Swift is revealed to be a clone, you still seriously think boom-headshot?  The worst that would happen is her genetically engineered music career is called into question.

The Frankenstein "monster" is only viable as a pile of recomposed dead criminals.  A supermodel amphibious hybrid with pink wings is a different story.   Ohhhhh, I see.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 02:30:35 PM

That all depends on the demeanor of the clone.  If Taylor Swift is revealed to be a clone, you still seriously think boom-headshot?  The worst that would happen is her genetically engineered music career is called into question.

The Frankenstein "monster" is only viable as a pile of recomposed dead criminals.  A supermodel amphibious hybrid with pink wings is a different story.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Untill it decides it does not want to be female, grows a penis, and rapes it's "mother".

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 03:35:47 PM

I think your forgetting the hind legs part and poisonous tail, that and its first response to anything that isn't its  mother and father is to attack it and gauge hostility.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 06:49:08 AM

I would wrestle Taylor swift.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 12:44:05 AM

Bloodworth, you are almost as effective as a button that says "Lock this thread."
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 01:57:18 AM

Bloodworth, you are almost as effective as a button that says "Lock this thread."

Hey, she's legal now!   awesome, for real
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 12:09:04 PM

I think your forgetting the hind legs part and poisonous tail, that and its first response to anything that isn't its  mother and father is to attack it and gauge hostility.
So just make fetish movies with her/him/it then?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Splice  
Jump to: