Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: "Xsyon" - Post Apoc. "Wurm?" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Xsyon" - Post Apoc. "Wurm?"  (Read 8402 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: May 13, 2010, 10:20:49 PM

https://www.xsyon.com/home
There's a pre-order up which MIGHT get you into a closed beta preview; not one of those games I'd lay upfront money on though.  The char. wipe and technical Prelude release is supposed to be Jun. 15.
Game has shades of Wurm and shades of FE with a dash of ATitD.  Quality-wise it probably lies just below ATitD.  It definitely has features I know a lot of people want to see, but as usual it seems to lack polish.  Plan is for one single huge server in a repro. of Lake Tahoe.  Lead dev. seems to be one of the guys responsible for "Roma Victor"   ACK!  (yah, I played it... unfortunately).  Bloodworth??  What say you on this thing? 

Here's a forum video thread (I'm fairly certain there's no NDA with this game... in fact, there's a public vent server)

Features

What is Xsyon?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:54:20 PM

Whether you are a first day scavenger or a grizzled veteran, Xsyon should be fun.

I'd have phrased this differently if I were them.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:18:35 AM

It is mostly devved in Russia (creator is American though) so I'm sure some of this stuff is lost in translation.  I hope.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:01:06 AM

At least they're realistic about their chances of actually delivering fun.   awesome, for real

Will this usher in a new, glorious era of understated MMORPG marketing, where the Paul Barnetts of this world are permanently unemployed? Any minute now.

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 02:44:20 AM

Oh, holy hell.

No beta. Have to pre-order the game to get early access to it. Pre-order is $40.

No quest givers. Entire world is player driven.

So, no early taste to see if you'd like it unless you put money down, but it needs a critical mass of players to run. I'd like to support an indie and at least look at it, but a non-beta tested MMO for $40? That can fuck right off. Especially when the screenshots show what would happen if the X-Men let themselves go

or have the characters walking on water.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:33:58 AM

Bloodworth??  What say you on this thing?  

Nothing much to say. I have known about it for a bit now, I hope it works out for them. It does barrow a good deal from Wrum and other titles, and runs on a home brew engine as well, not sure if they are as cross compatible as we are though. Anyway, I have been grumbling internally that its only a matter of time before someone enters the Wurm space directly, its been the basis of my modernization requests. But hay, whatch'a going to do?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I'm just an unpaid artist.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:36:28 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 06:24:59 AM

11.) Will there be PvP?

Yes, the game is open PVP with consequences and a sparring / training combat mode. In the early Prelude towns will be safe zones.

34.) Will there be NPC vendors or quest givers?

No. There are currently no NPC characters. The world is entirely player driven.

Hmmm. You know it is an underfunded game with no real future when you read Open PVP. But after my whine thread this is delivering some new shit so...who knows maybe I'll fork up 40 bucks just to tell y'all how bad it is.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlKcPzF2d5g&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gIS0Rutwnc&feature=related

Some rockin combat!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:30:41 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Demonix
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 07:20:03 AM

Bloodworth??  What say you on this thing?  

Nothing much to say. I have known about it for a bit now, I hope it works out for them. It does barrow a good deal from Wrum and other titles, and runs on a home brew engine as well, not sure if they are as cross compatible as we are though. Anyway, I have been grumbling internally that its only a matter of time before someone enters the Wurm space directly, its been the basis of my modernization requests. But hay, whatch'a going to do?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I'm just an unpaid artist.

Repeat last action hotkey!  we want one!  :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:57:48 PM

Holy shit, that combat looks super bad.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 12:18:58 AM

I'm assuming he took some of the combat from Roma Victor, which also was pretty bad.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 04:35:45 AM

Do you think the shovel in the leg was a DoT or a buff?

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 04:37:47 AM

Man, I am never gonna get my worldy-but-casual dream game of an updated latter-era UO with the stupid bits removed. Because everytime someone goes to make something that isn't a total diku, they go so far in the other direction that it turns into some sort of neckbeard virtual society indie shitpile ungame hell that will never make more than $37.

Moderation, you cocks. Classless character system and lots of fluff, yes. Making me spend all my "game" time digging up onions so I don't starve to death, fucking no. Jesus.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 08:02:23 AM

Aye, no kidding.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 05:33:48 PM

Man, I am never gonna get my worldy-but-casual dream game of an updated latter-era UO with the stupid bits removed. Because everytime someone goes to make something that isn't a total diku, they go so far in the other direction that it turns into some sort of neckbeard virtual society indie shitpile ungame hell that will never make more than $37.

Moderation, you cocks. Classless character system and lots of fluff, yes. Making me spend all my "game" time digging up onions so I don't starve to death, fucking no. Jesus.

Minus our trammel differences, you seem to post what I think a fuckin' ton.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 06:55:37 PM

Making me spend all my "game" time digging up onions so I don't starve to death, fucking no. Jesus.

Is there some other type of root vegetable you'd prefer instead? Turnips can be pretty entertaining. Swedes come with a built-in joke ("Swede? No, I'm British!"  awesome, for real).

There really are hours of engaging gameplay if they broaden their focus to other legumes.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 08:01:38 PM

So which one of you guys is gonna pony-up and try this thing?  Or rather, maybe someone here with some clout can score a free press acct. or something.  Pre-recession I'd volunteer, but not these days.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 06:21:06 AM

Making me spend all my "game" time digging up onions so I don't starve to death, fucking no. Jesus.

Is there some other type of root vegetable you'd prefer instead? Turnips can be pretty entertaining.

Well, I hear there's this small shop in Georgia developing Gone With The Wind Online. It might be right up your vegetable-excavating alley.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:15 AM

Well, I hear there's this small shop in Georgia developing Gone With The Wind Online. It might be right up your vegetable-excavating alley.

At level 10 you can convert drapes into clothing!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 02:17:43 PM

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: "Xsyon" - Post Apoc. "Wurm?"  
Jump to: