Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Iredeemable 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iredeemable  (Read 3332 times)
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

on: May 06, 2010, 03:31:53 PM

Relatively new series (I think it's on issue 12 or 13) that starts with the Plutonian (this world's Superman) snapping and going completely rogue. So far it's mostly followed his old teammates running around trying to find ways to defeat him with glimpses into his and their lives prior to this. The whole series has been well written, perhaps sometimes veering towards the grotesque or doing stuff largely intended to shock. It is, I suppose, a Superman elseworlds with a few similar characters dotted about but there are some really nice moments like  I'd say it's worth checking out and if it doesn't have a trade paper back out yet it can't be that far away.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:41:24 PM

It's had the first 8 issues put into TPB, I believe.  I'm also enjoying the series. 

He's also got another series set in the same universe called Incorruptible.  The premise of that one is that one of the major supervillains, Max Damage, witnessed the Plutonian's first rampage when he turned, and the experience made him decide to change the course of his life and become a hero.  His sidekick/girlfriend is Jailbait, a teenaged psychopath type.  They're both pretty enjoyable reads, though the issues sometimes feel too short.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Iredeemable  
Jump to: