Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CSM Elections Have Begun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CSM Elections Have Begun  (Read 41831 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: May 05, 2010, 12:48:07 AM

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:21:03 AM

What will you do that makes voting for you better than voting for anyone else?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 02:07:57 AM

I've already been very active in CSM 4 as you can read from the minutes. My main focus has been on increasing the quality of the discourse between CCP and the CSM by getting half-baked and poorly thought out proposals disimissed. Overall I want to see a proper balancing cycle for economic activity across the game - lo-sec, hi-sec, mining, industry and 0.0 - as I believe that several areas are under-performing for the risks or effort required (mining and lo-sec especially). I want to see the full potential of Dominion realised and the stated design objectives achieved (which currently they are not) and I will be closely watching the progress post-launch of Tyrannis and the way that CCP iterate upon it.

My campaign site is here and my Eve-O campaign thread is here.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:17:26 AM

I actually got matched to you with the voting position tool. It left me with the vague feeling I'd been brainwashed.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:29:58 AM

Didn't match me, but I voted for him anyway.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:43:57 AM

You got my three votes.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:42 AM

You got my axetwo votes.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:08:00 AM

One vote here. All I got left subbed :P

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:11 AM

"Your vote has been registered. We thank you for your participation."

Good luck.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 02:45:43 AM

...and two from me.

Also, I know I made this point last time, but is it compulsory for all CSM candidates to create their portrait by just clicking random and accepting whatever drops out? Jesus Christ.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 10:31:47 AM

EVE Tribune says "HELL NO" to Ankhesentapemkah.

The comments below the article are pretty awesome.  This almost deserves being posted in the Politics forum instead of Eve.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 11:17:09 AM

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 01:19:23 PM

And when endie votes, "int64 overflow" why so serious?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 03:06:27 PM

And when endie votes, "int64 overflow" why so serious?

I may, indeed, have sent the odd vote or two your way, Helen.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 05:44:37 PM

The comments below the article are pretty awesome.  This almost deserves being posted in the Politics forum instead of Eve.

It's not just that PVP is central to EVE-no, without EVE's PVP system the game simply would not be worth playing. EVE's PVE is mind-numbingly boring, and frankly when I want entertaining PVE content I play World of Warcraft or a single-player game. POS mechanics and, for that matter, most industry mechanics are a grind. The user interface is appallingly bad. The game itself is terribly buggy, and littered with half-finished, partially implemented content. The only other thing that EVE really has going for it to attract players is its radical, brutal free market. This free market, as Herschel Yamamoto explained, is essentially fueled by the broken window fallacy. Most of the demand for new ships and modules exists because old ships and modules are constantly being destroyed, mostly through PVP. Simply put, without PVP there would be absolutely no reason whatsoever to play EVE. It is what makes the sandbox a sandbox. It is why so many players put up with CCP's manifest incompetence, poor support, and terrible design. It is in fact the only reason why EVE  has not gone the way of Asheron's Call 2.

I like this guy  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 08:38:56 PM

IMO, even if she is political and turns out to be a drama queen if she doesn't get her way (and I have no clue whether she is or not), this is the CSM we're talking about, what exactly do they accomplish?  I mean, CCP is pushing ahead with their Dust tie-ins despite the bugs and the lag issues, so it all seems pointless to me.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 09:13:00 PM

It's not just that PVP is central to EVE-no, without EVE's PVP system the game simply would not be worth playing. EVE's PVE is mind-numbingly boring, and frankly when I want entertaining PVE content I play World of Warcraft or a single-player game. POS mechanics and, for that matter, most industry mechanics are a grind. The user interface is appallingly bad. The game itself is terribly buggy, and littered with half-finished, partially implemented content. The only other thing that EVE really has going for it to attract players is its radical, brutal free market. This free market, as Herschel Yamamoto explained, is essentially fueled by the broken window fallacy. Most of the demand for new ships and modules exists because old ships and modules are constantly being destroyed, mostly through PVP. Simply put, without PVP there would be absolutely no reason whatsoever to play EVE. It is what makes the sandbox a sandbox. It is why so many players put up with CCP's manifest incompetence, poor support, and terrible design. It is in fact the only reason why EVE  has not gone the way of Asheron's Call 2.

I like this guy  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I see EVE as the first generation of space MMORG, just like Everquest was to fantasy.  Some day the space version of WoW will be created and they will eat CCP's lunch.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 10:16:12 PM

3 votes to you Iain - just in time seeing as I'm shutting down all but one account.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 12:16:01 PM

You got my vote.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 11:33:17 PM

You got my 3 votes too. Good luck.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 12:05:56 AM

and my vote
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 12:57:22 AM

I bet none of you guys voted for Iain, and are just saying you did here!  Liars!
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 01:03:19 AM

How much did you want to bet again, I need an i7 for my SOASE map. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 01:34:58 AM

lol - I forgot I had a 4th account - 2 months of not training anything on it  Heartbreak

Is it too late to vote it?

BTW - I had to clear my browser cache after voting each time otherwise i would tell me I'd already voted despite having a different pilot logged in - did anyone else experience this?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 01:59:28 AM

Voting ends at midnight tomorrow so you have about 36 hours to get any last minute votes in.

Thanks for all the support so far, the results are announced a week on Friday (the 28th).

sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 05:25:11 AM

BTW - I had to clear my browser cache after voting each time otherwise i would tell me I'd already voted despite having a different pilot logged in - did anyone else experience this?

Not me, but I did logout of eve online website each time and made sure the checkbox to log in as a different character was checked. Or was it unchecked...I can't remember. I suspect though you were being automatically logged in each time.

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 05:28:41 AM

You got my 2 votes! (3rd acc has expired)

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 07:22:56 AM

Voted.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 07:30:09 AM

Tried to give you a second vote, but couldn't because the account isn't 30 days old. Sorry Thor :(
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 12:31:10 PM

I actually voted for Iain on all but one of my accounts, and for Wulfnor on the other, since I've done a lot of work with him recently.  I reckpon that Iain is likely to make it over the line despite that my one missing vote, given the Goon endorsment.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 05:56:35 AM

Tried to give you a second vote, but couldn't because the account isn't 30 days old. Sorry Thor :(

Use Wara!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 06:17:48 AM

Wasn't sure if you were SERIOUS BUSINESS about CSM elections. Will do.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 09:28:52 AM

I see from Eve-o that the winning post this time was at 1290 votes - which I think was a good bit higher than previous votes.

The mighty f13 block vote might not carry all before it after all!

Happily the Endie block vote is probably more than enough.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 09:59:58 AM

Last time around I was first Alternate with ~900 votes. Last place for a full delegate was 18 votes ahead of what I got. This time I haven't won a full spot as all the winners have been notified by email already. I may be an alternate again though, official results are published tomorrow.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 01:19:27 PM

Maybe next year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: CSM Elections Have Begun  
Jump to: