Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:49:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Someone give me the Wizard 101 skinny. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Someone give me the Wizard 101 skinny.  (Read 1826 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:35 PM

I've been itchy for some turn-based strategy the last couple nights and remember hearing people saying that the Wizard 101 mmorpg has basically swiped Magic's gameplay and made it 3-D.  Which is dandy, because I hate the fuck out of Magic Online's crappy client and nonexistent shiny.  I don't know much of anything else about it, though, besides the F2P/pay for later content cash shop model, so if there are any caveats that I should know before making an account, such as promotions, starter account specials, etc, I'd be interested in hearing 'em.

Likewise for gameplay; if my M:tG expectations are misguided and it actually sucks, letting me know to save me the time in installing/uninstalling the thing would be grand.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:30 PM

It's designed for kids. It's not Magic the Gathering... it's not even the Pokemon CCG. Very,very simplistic combat choices. That said, it's worth a download and a look at the basics to see a capably designed and implemented game with Free Realms' ambitions but without Free Realms' budget. It's cute. Play a little.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:39:22 AM

I think it is very fun for what it is. It's not ultra deep, but there are some card synergies to play with.

You can trial the first areas for free - give it a shot and see.

I noticed they just introduced a pet raising mini-game, which I'm curious about.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:58:04 AM

It's cute and definitely child oriented.  I played for a few weeks or so until I ran out of anything interesting to do.  But I liked the cute!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:16:37 AM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Someone give me the Wizard 101 skinny.  
Jump to: