Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2010 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010  (Read 247541 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1190 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:39 AM

I hated the one about Tibet which turned into some kind of restaurant ad or something.   ACK!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1191 on: February 07, 2011, 12:04:44 PM

Yeah, I didn't catch the whole thing and was wondering why there was a 'fuck tibet's problems, yummy tibetan food!' vibe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1192 on: February 07, 2011, 12:04:57 PM

The Living Social with the cross dresser guy at the end was just all kinds of  Ohhhhh, I see. swamp poop ACK! Facepalm Talk about a commercial that will likely turn off 90% of your audience.

My favorite was the Doritos with the pug but I'm partial to pugs. The Volkswagen with Darth Kid was fantastic. Most of the commercials were really bland or idiotic though. Budweiser's whole "Here We Go" campaign is mildly amusing but severely underwhelming when measured up against such historical greats as the frogs and WASSSUP?

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1193 on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:17 PM

I couldn't deal with the dorito smeller guy. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1194 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:44 PM

I liked the Volkswagon ad with the Beatle and the racing strip running fast through the insect forest.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1195 on: February 07, 2011, 12:17:03 PM

Yeah, the beetle one was cool.  I liked it because it was a different feel than the shock or funny tactic that most of the others used. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1196 on: February 07, 2011, 12:18:48 PM

resort city. Next year, I believe SB is in Indianapolis.

Are you suggesting that Indianapolis isn't a resort city?

It is if you are from Gary.

Or any part of Kentucky that isn't Louisville.

Hey!

Tho this part is only technically KY. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1197 on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:00 PM

resort city. Next year, I believe SB is in Indianapolis.

Are you suggesting that Indianapolis isn't a resort city?

It is if you are from Gary.

Or any part of Kentucky that isn't Louisville.

Hey!

Tho this part is only technically KY. 

I thought you were in Cincinnati.  Certainly you don't live in Northern Kentucky, or occupied Ohio, do you? 
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: February 07, 2011, 12:23:25 PM

I wanted to run over Eminem with that goddamn Chrysler 200 by the end of that ridiculously long commercial.

Game was awesome. 2 historical teams fighting it out in the Superbowl. The drama of the 2nd half with the Steelers making a comeback. All good stuff. Especially the part where Rapistberger went home without the trophy. I think that part was my favorite.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1199 on: February 07, 2011, 12:37:37 PM

I thought you were in Cincinnati.  Certainly you don't live in Northern Kentucky, or occupied Ohio, do you? 

Work in Cinci, house is in "occupied Ohio."  Much cheaper property taxes and the schools are ok until High School.  Until Kasich was elected in November I was trying to move back to Ohio.. now they're just screwed and I'm looking anywhere outside of this area.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1200 on: February 07, 2011, 12:40:19 PM

Work in Cinci, house is in "occupied Ohio."  Much cheaper property taxes and the schools are ok until High School.  Until Kasich was elected in November I was trying to move back to Ohio.. now they're just screwed and I'm looking anywhere outside of this area.

I have a lot of good friends up in Covington/Newport.  Too bad Cincy is home to the Bungles.  Used to go to a few games back in the day with a buddy who had season tix. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: February 07, 2011, 12:45:20 PM

I'm looking anywhere outside of this area.
Stay far away from NY. This state is fucked.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1202 on: February 07, 2011, 12:46:36 PM

Are there any that aren't right now?
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: February 07, 2011, 01:10:53 PM

Sorry I can't help myself I have to post this here as well.

The trophy is home WOOOO!!!!
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: February 07, 2011, 05:47:19 PM

Joan Rivers is fucking hilarious.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1205 on: February 07, 2011, 06:03:32 PM

Very little of this is Joan Rivers.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1206 on: February 07, 2011, 08:00:10 PM

Very little of Joan Rivers is Joan Rivers at this point.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1207 on: February 08, 2011, 05:49:24 AM

I watched this and thought that she might rip the skin off of her face to reveal a gleaming robotic skull underneath, like Ahnold in the Terminator.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: February 08, 2011, 07:30:20 AM

Forgot to drop in my favorite line from Sunday, me (in the kitchen) to the fiancee (on her laptop, ignoring the pre-game); Xtina mangling the national anthem (I didn't actually hear her, just saw she was on):

"There are more runs in the national anthem than there will be in the whole game."

Didn't realize how correct that would be!
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1209 on: February 08, 2011, 08:23:25 AM

Wow.  What a super sad article about William "The Refrigerator" Perry.  He was a legend in his own time and it is a bit heartbreaking to see people fall this low. 
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #1210 on: February 08, 2011, 09:17:18 AM

Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

Packers are champs, 2nd youngest roster in the league, and getting 15 players back from IR.

Thank god for the labor strike and the end of football so I don't have to watch that shit next year!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1211 on: February 08, 2011, 09:33:43 AM

Yeah, be prepared because as good as the Packers could be at times this year, they should be crazy good next year. 6 big-time starters coming back from IR and a bunch of young kids who got blooded in the playoffs and the Super Bowl? I'm going to go ahead and say they will win their division and at least make the NFC Championship game in 2011.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1212 on: February 08, 2011, 09:39:54 AM

Wow.  What a super sad article about William "The Refrigerator" Perry.  He was a legend in his own time and it is a bit heartbreaking to see people fall this low. 

Yeah that article was highly disturbing and sad.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1213 on: February 08, 2011, 09:44:24 AM

Good for the Packers.  I've always liked them as an organization. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1214 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:47 PM

I'm not a fan of the Packers, (Go Lions!) but you have to admire their organization, drafting, management, coaching and of course players.

Yeah I can see them in one or two more Super Bowls. 
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: February 09, 2011, 10:21:18 AM

I am a packer fan but I am also pulling for the lions. Those guys have had to deal with so much shit this year they were starting to show what they can do. They just had problems holding on in the fourth quarter. If they can consistently play 4 quarters I think the lions will be a pretty respectable team next year.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1216 on: March 16, 2011, 10:44:39 AM

The defenseless player definition will be expanded to include the following (provided there's a season, HAH):

-A quarterback in the act of throwing;

-A receiver trying to catch a pass;

I wish this was a joke or I had gotten it off a joke site.  Alas.. Facepalm

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1217 on: March 16, 2011, 10:55:24 AM

I've been all for the changes they've made before, but that just seems unworkable.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1218 on: March 16, 2011, 10:59:20 AM

That's... unbelievably retarded. Fuck it, let's just make it flag football.

Expect passing stats to go up even more. Fuck, those ideas are terribad. Why would any team run EVER with those rules in place?

WayAbvPar

Reply #1219 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:26 AM

Wow, that is just clownshoes.

Speaking of-
Adrian Peterson's slavery comments have forced me to throw all my support behind the owners. Fuck him and all the crybaby cunts like him. I hope they never play again and he ends up living under a bridge giving hand jobs for crack money.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1220 on: March 16, 2011, 11:17:03 AM

Billionaires v. Millionaires.  WHO WILL PREVAIL? I don't fucking care.  I find it hard to truly sympathize with either side.

Just play some goddamn football, you rich crybabies.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1221 on: March 16, 2011, 11:19:31 AM

Still probably personally going to side with the players no matter what the top end players yammer about, since the dudes who make the minimum for three years and end up out of the league with no job skills and post-concussion syndrome are presumably the ones to worry about. Not that I am tremendously concerned either way, it is baseball season!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: March 16, 2011, 11:20:29 AM

If I had to pick a side to favor, it would be the players over the owners, who enjoy profits before even a down is played, and essentially possess a license to mint money…

And I am in sentiment with Matt Taibbi take here:

Remember how we had replacement players in 1987? Here’s my question: how come we can’t have replacement owners? I realize it’s impossible, but I’d love to see every city do bond issues or IPOs and raise money to create temporary ownership structures… do a new draft, create new teams from every city, get lease deals for functioning local university stadiums, and then strike brand-new TV deals and just kiss the NFL goodbye in favor of a new league, only with all the same players. The thing is, pro football is such a draw, you could make a billion-dollar business overnight even if the games were only broadcast on the Food channel, or, hell, PBS. Again, I realize it’d never happen, but I’d love to see a situation where all the teams were publicly-owned and the players got 80% of all revenues, with the rest of the cash going to pay for road repairs, teachers’ salaries, and so on. Then I’d love to see Jerry Jones or Jerry Richardson and all those assholes strapped to chairs and forced to watch their former profits spent on new school gymnasiums and wheelchair ramps for courthouses and that sort of thing. I would be willing to go without football for a full year – no, make it two years – if at the end of it I could watch a weeping Dan Snyder taken on a tour of a new Public Football League-funded school for the blind.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: March 16, 2011, 11:22:29 AM

Adrian Peterson's slavery comments have forced me to throw all my support behind the owners. Fuck him and all the crybaby cunts like him. I hope they never play again and he ends up living under a bridge giving hand jobs for crack money.

While a bit dramatic, I think you should consider some player perspective before reacting.  The largest majority of NFL players are treated as an entirely disposable commodity by owners.  This is particularly true for those that don't last long enough to earn long-term benefits.  In negotiatiations, I always side with the players.  Many of the people that we watch play on Sunday are one-of-a-kind human specimens.  They deserve the money they make just as any entertainer.  Peyton Manning fills stadiums for a pittance of what the owners make from his performance.  He will wake up in pain for the rest of his life as a result (let alone possible long-term brain damage).  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1224 on: March 16, 2011, 11:32:06 AM

I view this as a pissing match between millionaires and billionaires.  I don't have much sympathy for either side, but if forced to choose I would choose Adrian Peterson all day over Jerry Jones, Al Davis and every other piece of shit owner that's out there. 
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2010  
Jump to: