Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:04:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL: Lord Stanley Tourney 2010 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL: Lord Stanley Tourney 2010 Predictions  (Read 56614 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #210 on: July 01, 2010, 02:18:29 PM

Giddyup.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #211 on: July 01, 2010, 06:45:02 PM

Welp, better than PIT I guess.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Strazos

Reply #212 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56:24 PM

NECRO:

So, it's been an interesting FA summer...

We doing this thing again this season?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
WayAbvPar

Reply #213 on: September 07, 2010, 08:37:39 AM

Absolutely. I should be in full hockey mode by the end of the night....NHL 11 comes out today!

When it gets closer to the season opener, let's start a new thread.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #214 on: September 07, 2010, 08:13:36 PM

I am so on the fence about purchasing NHL 11...

Tell me how it works out, Mr. First Day Purchase.  awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #215 on: September 08, 2010, 12:32:39 PM

Most of the changes are for the good. The notable exceptions being having to pay/unlock each slot on each piece of equipment, as well as paying/unlocking each boost, and the restriction that each EASHL team can only play one game at a time. Period.

Strazos

Reply #216 on: September 25, 2010, 09:07:40 AM

bump  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #217 on: September 28, 2010, 09:10:08 AM

So I have two days to prep for the company pool. Someone out East tell me who they expect Crosby and Ovechkin's linemates to be this year.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Strazos

Reply #218 on: September 28, 2010, 07:28:30 PM

Is we not be fantasying this annum?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Strazos

Reply #219 on: October 10, 2010, 08:27:07 AM

Fail.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #220 on: October 11, 2010, 09:19:06 AM

I thought about setting one up over the weekend but it just made me tired.

Strazos

Reply #221 on: February 22, 2011, 05:36:12 PM

So I really hate that we're getting towards the playoffs, and we have not talked hockey at all this season.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #222 on: February 22, 2011, 06:12:54 PM

If my team wasn't threatening to sell to Quebec I'd probably be more excited about the whole sport.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #223 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:18 AM

Sure, you bump it after the goddamned Canadiens squeak by the Canucks.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #224 on: February 23, 2011, 09:53:35 AM

Was a crazy game to watch, but made more fun by the fact that my roommate is a life long Habs fan, so we were watching it together.

This has been a weird season - 30 some odd years of being the underdog is a hard mindset to let go of as a fan.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #225 on: February 23, 2011, 01:50:16 PM

Where did you hide his body?

Games like last night always feel like a reality check to me. Like this whole best team in the league thing is going to last just until they have to start playing good teams in the playoffs. Makes me more than a bit nauseous. However, if they do manage to win it, I am going to grow my hair out and dye it red as a tribute to the strong ginger elements.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:51:55 PM by WayAbvPar »

Strazos

Reply #226 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:58 PM

Games like last night always feel like a reality check to me. Like this whole best team in the league thing is going to last just until they have to start playing good teams in the playoffs. Makes me more than a bit nauseous. However, if they do manage to win it, I am going to grow my hair out and dye it red as a tribute to the strong ginger elements.

Feeling similar about the Flyers. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #227 on: February 25, 2011, 07:42:49 PM

Aftermath of Calvert's hat trick for CBJ - 11th hat trick in CBJ history!!  Glad we went!

WayAbvPar

Reply #228 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:31 PM

Nice seats!

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #229 on: February 26, 2011, 06:01:40 AM

There were bags and bags of hats - I caught this pic later than I should have.  What is really, really odd is that before the game we were hanging out in the halls and we were standing right next to the huge bin that they keep all the hats in from previous hat tricks, looking through them and seeing all the odd hats.  There was a hat trick on New Year's Eve of 07 I think, so there's a bunch of party hats in there.  It was just odd coincidence. 

A coworker of my wife's has had season tickets since they started and they sell about half of them off to take the edge off that cost.  Fourth game we've been to this year, 12 rows behind the bench.  For $85/ticket it really can't be beat.  That's a steal compared to going to see the Red Wings or someone like the Canadiens, where those same seats might be $500. 
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:25 AM

I thought the Pens season was headed to the toilet but they pulled off some interesting deals…

…needed scoring, so they dished Gologoski (and they are blessed with enough O minded D-men already) for Neal and Niskanen.

…picked up Alexi Kovalev for a bag of pucks.

Neal and Kovalev looked good skating together last night, though it did not translate to goals tallied on the scoreboard. But they seemed in sync and peppered Ward with plentiful SOG and scoring opportunity.

Malkin out for the season and the uncertain status of Crosby.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: March 04, 2011, 11:02:38 PM

My beloved Leafs sniffing at contention? The fan in me wants to believe this shit all mighty ducks (the movie not the franchise) style. The cynic in me dreads another playoff run stalling one point out.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: March 06, 2011, 04:46:51 PM

You know in your heart what the truth is Ash.   why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Strazos

Reply #233 on: March 06, 2011, 05:03:15 PM

The impending late-season collapse of the Flyers could be...painful to watch.

Yes, guys...lets play great through the season, first to 40 wins...and then when March hits, start losing to teams that are hardly in the playoffs. And have your PP devolve into one of the most predictable and painful units to watch, just for some added laughs.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: March 06, 2011, 05:32:36 PM

That would be a problem if other teams such as the Caps, Penguins, Canadiens, and Rangers weren't freefalling below them.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
WayAbvPar

Reply #235 on: March 08, 2011, 08:37:36 AM

The impending late-season collapse of the Flyers  Canucks could be...painful to watch.

Yes, guys...lets play great through the season, first to 40 wins...and then when March hits, start losing to teams that are hardly in the playoffs. And have your PP devolve into one of the most predictable and painful units to watch, just for some added laughs.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fixed that. Although they have won 2 in a row now for the first time in about 3 weeks, and get Bieksa back soon. Might be pulling up just in time to get on a nice little run before LSCP. Jannik Hansen has played his balls off the past few games, and is directly responsible for the past 2 wins. Nice to have a third line that can pick up the team a bit when the first 2 are sleepwalking.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: March 13, 2011, 05:24:54 PM

Anyone want to buy a hockey team? http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2011/03/12/17594916.html

Low low price of a billion dollars!

Strazos

Reply #237 on: April 05, 2011, 06:43:47 PM

So, the Flyers are aiming to be THE worst #1 seed, ever.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:15 PM

Anyone want to buy a hockey team? http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2011/03/12/17594916.html

Low low price of a billion dollars!

And the Make-beliefs are officially eliminated from playoff contention (for the 6th straight season)…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: April 05, 2011, 11:48:29 PM

You say this like it's news.

WayAbvPar

Reply #240 on: April 06, 2011, 08:36:51 AM

Yeah that was news in October  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: April 06, 2011, 03:03:11 PM

The only silver lining for the Leafs is they maybe, MAYBE, have a goaltender.

It feels like we've been through a dozen goalies in as many years.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: April 10, 2011, 06:31:01 PM

Dallas had a chance to get in today after Chicago lost but they just shit the bed in Minnesota.  I was hoping Dallas would get in because I like my Canucks chances against them a lot better than for Chicago.
Strazos

Reply #243 on: April 10, 2011, 08:56:16 PM

Kind of disappointed CHI snuck in, even if Crawford gave me beaucoup fantasy points in 2 leagues.

Fear the Backstab!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: April 11, 2011, 03:15:24 AM

Who do they play now, Vancouver?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL: Lord Stanley Tourney 2010 Predictions  
Jump to: