Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Human Target 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Human Target  (Read 2933 times)
schild
Administrator

on: March 15, 2010, 12:25:25 AM

Only 9 million times better than I expected. Glad to see Chi McBride got more work after Pushing Daisies. And the guy from Fringe/Buzz Lightyear from Boston Legal.

Edit: Without ruining anything, it's about a guy who is way too good at private protection. Wayyyy too good. TV Good. Not real life good. So, yea, kinda fun to watch.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:28:00 AM by schild »
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 03:42:37 AM

Only caught one episode, but it was very cool.  But not cool enough for me to remember to set my DVR for! Doh!  Great writing and great actors. 

Going to try to catch more of these.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:44:26 AM

Guerrero makes this show.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:58:37 AM

Agreed. The others are cool but I tune in for Guerrero. Still, Chi McBride has the best single line of the show so far:

"Did you just flip a coin!?!?"

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:45 AM

Yes.

I love this show. It doesn't exactly follow the comic it's based on but it makes more sense for TV than the comic would.

ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:32:12 PM

Fight between Chance and Baptiste was fuck-awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Can't wait to see their next encounter.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:09:59 AM

Fight between Chance and Baptiste was fuck-awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Can't wait to see their next encounter.

Ya, I sat the whole time going, "wow, this fight is fuck-awesome".
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 08:51:27 AM

It's back. And it's pretty goddamn badass. The addition of Susie Costello and all her money is kinda DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"Go get my tacklebox... it's in the exceptionally roomy trunk"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:58:19 AM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 07:27:09 PM

It's back. And it's pretty goddamn badass. The addition of Susie Costello and all her money is kinda DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"Go get my tacklebox... it's in the exceptionally roomy trunk"

I love the additions.  So far so great.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 09:04:02 PM

I'm 2 episodes in to this season (out of 11 episodes) and I like the changes. I also like that they just kind of glossed over the whole past coming back to haunt Chance in the season premiere. It'll keep the show with something to write about as they go along. Guerrero's character is still awesome.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 09:42:19 PM

I'm 2 episodes in to this season (out of 11 episodes) and I like the changes. I also like that they just kind of glossed over the whole past coming back to haunt Chance in the season premiere. It'll keep the show with something to write about as they go along. Guerrero's character is still awesome.

Guerrero has many great moments in this season, especially the season finale. I've heard alot of fans are bitching about the women on the show but I love them. Frankly, from the few forum threads I read about it on the Fox site their bitching seems to be very mysogynstic. "What are these women doing in this show? This is a man's show damn it!"

I'm hoping that it kept decent ratings despite the weird scheduling Fox did this season.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 10:32:47 PM

I really like this show, I think the new female additions are fine.  I was kind of on the fence about the new benefactor, I think the thief fits in perfectly though.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 10:36:42 PM

I really like this show, I think the new female additions are fine.  I was kind of on the fence about the new benefactor, I think the thief fits in perfectly though.

Well the thief is a great foil to guererro since they're such polar opposites. I can't imagine that was an accident either. I think it took Ilsa longer to settle in, especially since her role at first was defined by "you guys can't do that! It's wrong/immoral/dangerous" but the writers seemed to move past that fairly quickly.

My wife got kind of annoyed because I watched the credits very closely to see if Janet Montgomery's name was in them before each show. If they were I declared it was going to be a good episode. It made me nervous when she missed a show or two since I thought maybe she'd been written out and I found her chemistry with Guerrero great fun. Then again, I'd watch the show if it was nothing but Guerrero so there's that.

Edit: and in the prison episode (very, very mild spoilers):

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:39:15 PM by Riggswolfe »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Human Target  
Jump to: