Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:42:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mr. Smart is the Best Forum Poster [INTERNET HISTORY ITT] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Smart is the Best Forum Poster [INTERNET HISTORY ITT]  (Read 413609 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: April 19, 2010, 11:11:18 PM

awesome, for real

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #561 on: April 20, 2010, 12:18:06 AM

Brilliant!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #562 on: April 20, 2010, 01:05:21 AM

That picture is on the edge of being eligible for the awesome pictures thread.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #563 on: April 20, 2010, 01:18:25 AM

From the blog post.

And like any typical White Collar crime (Note: I’m not accusing you of having committed a White Collar crime. Thats the job of my attorneys, the judge and the jury) once things start coming out, other things will fall into place and eventually everything falls apart, and before you know it, someone is sitting in a jail cell.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: April 20, 2010, 01:26:39 AM

From the blog post.

And like any typical White Collar crime (Note: I’m not accusing you of having committed a White Collar crime. Thats the job of my attorneys, the judge and the jury) once things start coming out, other things will fall into place and eventually everything falls apart, and before you know it, someone is sitting in a jail cell.
"I'm not going to accuse you of having committed a white collar crime, but..."

Jesus. I love his way of hinting very very strongly.

I should probably overcome my tldr reaction (which is not a common reaction since I usually love to read) and just go through the entire thing, it must be filled with absolute fucking gems like this.

Edit: Christ. I started to read, and a few paragraphs down:

Quote from: dmart
Aren’t you the guy who comes to the door to greet a party interested in Alganon, while wearing a sidearm. During company hours? In broad daylight. In the Arizona heat. Were I president at the time, I would have fired you right there and then. No question about it. Even the investors were shocked when they learned about that.
I love the "in the arizona heat" bit, because that's so relevant. There are probably tons of people in the US that openly carry when going to the mall. Thankfully not that many here in Norway, since we're not as gun crazy as you americans, but still. Not exactly something I'd think that much over if I were in the US. Well, unless the guy looked like an absolute loon.

Quote from: dmart
Aren’t you the guy who, from the moment you were fired from the company, literally emptied the company’s bank account? Money that belonged to the investors – not you. Thus leaving the company in distress and with me working with the investors and Greg to come up with an emergency plan to keep the company from going under.
Oh wait, I thought he wasn't going to accuse him of white collar crime. I see how long that restraint lasted. Christ, someone needs to beat him over the head with his own keyboard, he's a menace to himself.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:36:28 AM by tgr »

Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: April 20, 2010, 03:12:10 AM

Christ, someone needs to beat him over the head with his own keyboard, he's a menace to himself.

No earthly keyboard could put a dent in that colossal cranium.

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: April 20, 2010, 06:19:10 AM

There are probably tons of people in the US that openly carry when going to the mall. Thankfully not that many here in Norway, since we're not as gun crazy as you americans, but still. Not exactly something I'd think that much over if I were in the US.

You probably shouldn't watch so much television.  Open carry is legal in many places but it's pretty rare, I lived in Florida (a notorious open carry state) for years and years and only ever saw guns openly carried by uniformed police.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: April 20, 2010, 06:37:30 AM

I wasn't actually using television as a reference there, but I was reading a forum which was for gun enthusiasts, where they were talking about OC/Open Carry. I just assumed there would be more people who did that, although "tons" is probably overstating it a bit.

I still probably wouldn't wonder so much about people who were openly carrying if I walked around in Arizona, unless they looked like a loon, since it's legal there. I would at least not consider it a firing "offense" or something to drag out into the public fora over. But then again, he who must not be named doesn't exactly come across as very reasonable.

Grumblesmurph
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: April 20, 2010, 06:57:42 AM

I actually like Allen better for his open carry. It's so wonderfully non-PC. Perhaps a bit unwise if the visitors were from out-of state, but at least he stayed true to his beliefs.

Besides, it's not as if a gun is going to suddenly jump out of its holster and start shooting people, so I would be happy if people could carry openly here in Norway as well.

BTW, unless things have changed the last few years we have more guns per capita than the yanks do. We probably shouldn't call anyone gun crazy...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #569 on: April 20, 2010, 07:12:46 AM

Christ, someone needs to beat him over the head with his own keyboard, he's a menace to himself.

No earthly keyboard could put a dent in that colossal cranium.

We still have one of those old Commodore keyboards which seem to be made of concrete.  I'd donate it if there were pictures involved.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #570 on: April 20, 2010, 07:16:08 AM

Remember in American Psycho how Bateman was doing all the crossword puzzles with just the words "meat" and "bone?"  Someone should do a comic of that shot with the words "Derek" and "Smart" in lieu of meat and bone.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #571 on: April 20, 2010, 10:59:40 AM

Gotta love the complete misunderstanding of the legal system in there (with bonus Random Capitalization).  The judge and jury do not "accuse" anyone of anything (and your personal attorneys don't either). For criminal matters the victim or the state makes a complaint and the prosecutor makes the "accusation" in the form of an indictment.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: April 20, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Remember in American Psycho how Bateman was doing all the crossword puzzles with just the words "meat" and "bone?"  Someone should do a comic of that shot with the words "Derek" and "Smart" in lieu of meat and bone.
I just realised than Christian Bale's character in American Psycho was called Bateman  swamp poop
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: April 20, 2010, 12:03:14 PM

Gotta love the complete misunderstanding of the legal system in there (with bonus Random Capitalization).  The judge and jury do not "accuse" anyone of anything (and your personal attorneys don't either). For criminal matters the victim or the state makes a complaint and the prosecutor makes the "accusation" in the form of an indictment.
Not too surprising given the individual in question.  This is a civil trial, so half of the supposed offenses don't mean much.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #574 on: April 20, 2010, 12:28:54 PM

I tried to read that entire blog post, but the last time I saw that much crazy written in one place, it was done in dripping feces on walls made of rubber.

dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:52 PM

I tried to read that entire blog post, but the last time I saw that much crazy written in one place, it was done in dripping feces on walls made of rubber.

lol, sounds like a good time.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:43 PM

Serek Dmart Serek Dmart Serek Dmart

Damn you forum software!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #577 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:46 PM

Shop smart, shop D-mart!

... it's been in my head.

I will give DSma this: his presence on Alganon has certainly increased awareness of the title, so he can tick that marketing goal off.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:38 PM

In case anyone missed it, Lum posted about Dmart's latest blog entry and now has the pleasure of his presence in the Comments section of his blog.

BTW Lum, sorry it had to be you, but it should make the comments slightly better than Geld arguing with himself.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #579 on: April 20, 2010, 09:22:16 PM

Pretty sure it was just a driveby.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: April 20, 2010, 09:25:02 PM

Read comment 34 for a larf. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:00 PM

Whoever wins... We lose.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ollie
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: April 21, 2010, 12:16:29 AM

From Dmart's comments to Lum's post:

Anyway, I’ve added a Fair Use statement to avoid any Intarweb angst ridden rage by grown man-children running around with the knickers in a right bunch.

Even when he tries to insult other people, he keeps inadvertently describing himself. God bless rampant narcissism.

Hug me, I'm Finnish!
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: April 21, 2010, 08:17:14 AM

Damn he's funny. He's apparently edited the blog a bit, and added some more stuff. Like:

Since I was President of the company – and represent the investors – he had to deal with me directly during this entire farce. I’m quite certain that this wasn’t something he’d planned for, since he was so used to running rings around these poor people.

First, he took money from the company bank account and sent it to a personal attorney in Seattle. This was his first bid to scare and strong arm us into submission.

He’s in Arizona, but he went and got a personal attorney in Seattle. Paid him with company funds that he had no rights to – to sue the investors whose very money it was. Yah.

Well, anyway that one didn’t end well at all; and the poor fellow got (from the QOL bank statements showing that the money was wired to him by David) a few thousand bucks from David for sending along letters to us and which basically got him nowhere.

By the time that it was clear to David that I simply wasn’t backing down, I think his Seattle attorney told him to get a local firm in AZ to handle the matter if he wanted to get any traction. And thats what he did.

So, I get another letter from his new Arizona attorneys, who, unlike the Seattle one, was probably more expensive because a few days after David emptied the last of the money in the QOL bank account, we heard from them. So my guess is that’s where the rest of the investor money went.

I bolded the most ACK! part. He's going out, very publically, and guesses. That's awesome. Ohhhhh, I see.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: April 21, 2010, 10:07:38 AM

Whoever wins... We lose.

On the contrary, my friend. I believe we are the only winners here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:09 AM

Someone made a comment on Lum's blog that I think might actually reflect what's going on in Smart's head.  The theory was that Smart is trying to bait David Allen and co. into a giant flamewar in order to make David Allen a public figure for defamation law purposes (a public figure who sues for defamation has a higher burden of proof).  It rang true for me because it's sort of the logic of a complete idiot, and it also explains Smart's many legal commentaries (such as they are) juxtaposed with the rest of his drivel. 

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #586 on: April 21, 2010, 11:54:42 AM

Someone made a comment on Lum's blog that I think might actually reflect what's going on in Smart's head.  The theory was that Smart is trying to bait David Allen and co. into a giant flamewar in order to make David Allen a public figure for defamation law purposes (a public figure who sues for defamation has a higher burden of proof).  It rang true for me because it's sort of the logic of a complete idiot, and it also explains Smart's many legal commentaries (such as they are) juxtaposed with the rest of his drivel. 

That might be a reach considering the past history of Dmart. This is just part of the trend rather than something with purpose...my guess anyway.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:33 AM

True, I don't know a lot of the past history of the guy (though I did find a sweet website that went into extreme detail debunking his claim of having a Phd) but my experience has been that even the most insane douchebags generally have some sort of internal logic.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: April 21, 2010, 12:03:55 PM

It really doesn't appear to be so in this case.  I think a lot of this is him not really realizing what a douche he really seems like in his posts.  He seems like one of those guys who leads a charmed life, and doesn't really know other people think he's retarded.  What was that episode of 30 rock that I'm thinking of?

AKA Gyoza
WayAbvPar

Reply #589 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:05 PM

He is sure convinced he is a special flower.  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #590 on: April 21, 2010, 01:38:02 PM

"It's not defamation; I was guessing!"

"Me am play gods"
AmericanMcGeesBambi

Email
Reply #591 on: April 21, 2010, 01:41:30 PM

I think his thought process goes something like, "It's not defamation if you're awesome".
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: April 21, 2010, 01:50:51 PM

I think his thought process goes something like, "It's not defamation if you're awesome".
lol
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: April 21, 2010, 01:53:12 PM

I like him. He's silly.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #594 on: April 21, 2010, 03:48:42 PM

Hee. Hee. Hee.

And it's Lum's own fault. He invoked. Thus come the wrath, the hammer, the presence.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Mr. Smart is the Best Forum Poster [INTERNET HISTORY ITT]  
Jump to: