Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: NFL Full Contact 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Full Contact  (Read 2298 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: March 11, 2010, 07:53:53 AM

Is anyone watching this? Those who don't know, it's a "behind the scenes reality show" following a group of NFL employees each week at some football game. They usually have an event coordinator, a producer, someone who works security at whatever stadium they are at that week, maybe an employee of the stadium or a cheerleader. The one constant "character" so far is the NFL Films sound cameraman, the guy who goes along the sidelines getting the players' and coaches' reactions. It shouldn't be this interesting, but it really really is. They aren't following any old regular season games - so far they've done the opening Thursday night game in Pittsburgh, the first home game at the new Cowboys' stadium, the game in London, the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl (haven't finished watching those last two yet).

The sad part is how much work goes into what are pretty worthless pomp moments, like the halftime shows most tune out, or the concerts beforehand that get like 30 seconds of air time. Some of it is just really bad uses of time and money, IMO, and distract from the sport, and this show highlights that. But it's still fascinating.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:55 AM

What station is this on?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:05:24 AM

Tru Tv. I'm not sure if everyone has that or not.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:20:51 AM

I watched one show and it is exactly as you state: People getting all worked up over expensive shots of things no one cares about.   Imagine how much money the NFL could give players if they just focused on televising the game rather than trying to make a damn spectacle of it.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:08:08 AM

Or you know, charge less for tickets.   
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:31:35 AM

Or buy their own fucking stadiums.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:44:36 PM

You people learned nothing from Rome.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:43:47 AM

Not true. We learned to over-eat.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 11:45:31 AM

I don't think I have that channel.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: NFL Full Contact  
Jump to: