Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Interzone facing big money issues, lack of spellcheck 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interzone facing big money issues, lack of spellcheck  (Read 1696 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: February 13, 2010, 07:53:26 AM

Interzone was set up by a former BigWorld / Microprose guy to develop MMOs, starting with soccer title Futebol. I thought they were interesting because 1) they were local and 2) they had a model of using studios in non-traditional locations of China and Brazil.

They're now facing a host of financial issues and appear set to fire local staff and outsource things to get the title completed.

Main reason I'm posting this is the golden quote from an email - who needs to use the right words anyway?

But the executive warned against possible "sabotage," telling former employees to carefully consider "how far [they] are willing to go" to get their unpaid wages. "Eight of our major investors are already independently retaining council (sic) in Perth and are reading (sic) to strike hard and fast at anyone committing tortuous (sic) interference, slander, or liable (sic) against the company," he wrote.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:21:11 AM

I know a couple of people who might still have been there... :(

A company going bankrupt is always sad, but a company stiffing its employee's but still being able to take away the value generated by their work should be criminal. The code being seized and potentially sold as part of meeting unpaid debts would be a fitting punishment.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Interzone facing big money issues, lack of spellcheck  
Jump to: