Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Caprica 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caprica  (Read 17376 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 02:37:13 PM

I am highly amused by what Zoe has started with that engineer guy in the last episode...

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 04:20:53 PM

Zoe's dumb grin is getting really annoying and I'd prefer it if they just had the robot being an intelligent robot. I'd also very much like to see a robot going on the rampage. If it's too soon in the plot for Zoe-bot to do that, maybe Daniel Graystone could make another cylon which malfunctions or something.

Seriously, I wonder if virtual Lacy Rand will become the second cylon, but will be an evil one. She's already getting a bit of a god complex. (and hopefully she'll smash some humans).
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:23 AM

If you're looking for a simple good guy/evil robot show I suspect you're going to be disappointed.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 03:52:43 AM

I like the gay mobster and the whole Tauron culture.  I also like "New Cap City".  Other than that I'm not too impressed.  It's such a soap opera.  I do hope they explore other world cultures and put some excitement in it.  I see what they're doing with the Old World vs. the New, blah blah blah but it's not that compelling.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 12:38:53 AM

Man, I really want to like this show. I dig Moore's ethic and a lot of the cast is appealing, but the show is really terrible. I hope they fix it in the second half. There is some really cool Gibsonian goodness available here if they get their shit together.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 06:14:58 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #41 on: March 27, 2010, 06:35:36 AM

Man, I really want to like this show. I dig Moore's ethic and a lot of the cast is appealing, but the show is really terrible.

We have the opposite problem where we simply don't find any of the characters to be likable.  The story might be OK but they started off dragging it out slowly without getting us hooked.  It's a series composed entirely of BSG filler episodes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010, 09:21:17 AM

Man, I really want to like this show. I dig Moore's ethic and a lot of the cast is appealing, but the show is really terrible.

We have the opposite problem where we simply don't find any of the characters to be likable.  The story might be OK but they started off dragging it out slowly without getting us hooked.  It's a series composed entirely of BSG filler episodes.

I didn't say I liked the characters. I like some of the cast. They have misused most of them horribly.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 11:19:42 PM

Season 1 part 2 is starting off better than I would have thought (or is it Season 2?). It's been at least 120 days...has everyone forgotten about the show? Am I the only one watching?

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 07:37:22 AM

Probably.

I was in town the other day and I saw the boxed set of this. It had some topless woman on the cover hiding her breasts with her arms. Obviously trying to get sales by advertising the interesting plot and fine acting, this one.

Ahh here it is...

Hic sunt dracones.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 11:35:31 AM

I've never seen a show with such an unlikeable cast of characters.  First, I'm glad they have gone off-world and are continuing the corporate espionage angles.  I am interested in the glimpse of life in the Twelve Colonies.  But the rest of the show is pretty tough sledding so far in S2.  Everyone is a stupid asshole and I don't even remember or care why Lacey is in the STO.  Adama has turned into a mob thug and his son is nowhere to be seen.  Only the cop is semi-likable, because he's right, he knows it and he is willing to risk his career on it.  Plus, so far, he's not morally compromised, a theme I'm getting really tired of.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 01:11:37 PM

Probably.

I was in town the other day and I saw the boxed set of this. It had some topless woman on the cover hiding her breasts with her arms. Obviously trying to get sales by advertising the interesting plot and fine acting, this one.

Ahh here it is...

Said topless woman is a schoolgirl, or was before her robot incarnation. this guy looks legit
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 16, 2010, 01:14:06 PM

Well you know what they about those Monotheist girls.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 16, 2010, 03:20:14 PM

Especially before they eat an apple.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 23, 2010, 09:16:03 PM

I'm liking S2 better than S1 so far. it's a bit edgier and grittier than the previous season. Seems a bit more serious. Or maybe I'm just into it because the only other shows holding my attention right now are Fringe and SG:U. (and just barely on SG:U - was all I could do to stay awake through Ep. 3).

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 09:41:33 AM

Wait.  They gave this piece of shit a second season?

AKA Gyoza
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 10:11:39 AM

Of course. And they are making a prequel to BSG following young Adama in the Cylon War.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 10:22:11 AM

At least it hasn't gone full retard like BSG did.  Yet.  Or maybe it has and I haven't noticed... I tend to have it on in the background and drift in and out of what's going on.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 10:31:50 AM

I watch it mostly for the interesting "society" of it all. I do enjoy the Greystone/Adoma story line though.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 12:46:49 PM

This isn't the second season. It is the second half of the first season.

-H.L. Mencken
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 05:10:03 PM

I watch it mostly for the interesting "society" of it all.

i.e. The United States of America with some names and games changed.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 27, 2010, 07:22:23 PM

SyFy shit-canned the series today and won't air the remaining episodes until they burn them off sometime next year.

-H.L. Mencken
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:37 PM

Good. I feel bad for fans of the show, but goddamn, killer robots in space should not be this goddamn boring.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 03:43:55 AM

Mrs Graystone has been Mrs Sons of Anarchy Belfast Edition for many episodes, so this has seemed dead for a while.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 01:29:21 PM

but goddamn, killer robots in space should not be this goddamn boring.

That.

I have never played WoW.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 04:28:39 PM

Never seen a show with so many unlikeable characters.  Gone and unlamented.  Bring on the pew pew pew with BG: B&C.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 08:07:36 PM

Yeah.......I kind of had hope for the show because I was hoping for a prequel showing how the cylons got made, their build up in society, the revolution, and then into the cylon wars.  That would have been cool.  What they did with it wasn't.  I guess I can blame it on Sci Fi not having the budget to do the things I want, but still...... so much wasted potential.  Ah well, I loved BSG, so I guess we'll see how the other projects turn out.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 05:39:19 PM

It's really a shame how much they fumblefucked this show ... the last several episodes have been pretty good, in my opinion.

Reminds me of Star Trek: Enterprise, where it was too little too late by the time they started doing what they should have done all along.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 08:59:00 PM

When I tried to watch this it seemed like WB teen drama. I don't get how it was Battlestar at all. It's like Dawson's Creek, guest staring a robot.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 17, 2010, 08:29:07 AM

Is this show better or worse than Star Gate Universe?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:30 AM

Is this show better or worse than Star Gate Universe?

They're very different shows. I'd say most viewers have said it is worse since it is cancelled and SG:U is still going AFAIK. SG:U has more action in it and sometimes tries to have some drama and, for my tastes, has more interesting characters. (Well, ok, Eli and Rush, but still, that's two!)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 18, 2010, 08:05:24 AM

Just looking for personal opinions.

I'm rewatching BSG right now.  I never watched the 2nd half of the last season so I started from the beginning and I just finished season 3.  I'm going to watch Razor next, then season 4, then the movie they made afterward.  Just wondering if Caprica is really worth watching, even if it's for "lore".
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 18, 2010, 08:19:50 AM

Not really. Unless you like Soap Opera. There isn't much cool tech sci-fi stuff going on. It isn't BSG related. Aside from some names.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 18, 2010, 08:21:39 AM

Yeah, it's pretty wank.  You're missing nothing, and possibly becoming a little dumber by watching it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #69 on: November 19, 2010, 12:14:02 PM

Just looking for personal opinions.

I'm rewatching BSG right now.  I never watched the 2nd half of the last season so I started from the beginning and I just finished season 3.  I'm going to watch Razor next, then season 4, then the movie they made afterward.  Just wondering if Caprica is really worth watching, even if it's for "lore".

I'd watch the pilot. It gives you some insight into possible influences on cylon thinking and where they got the "one god" thing. The series then proceeds into a soap opera involving the things set up by the pilot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Caprica  
Jump to: