Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:58:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Lord of Ultima 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord of Ultima  (Read 36557 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

on: January 27, 2010, 11:52:05 AM

Stole this from Lum.

https://www.lordofultima.com/en

UO: BROWSER EDITION

Except it's a free to play RTS? I don't understand. I need to try it.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:50:36 PM

I signed up. I'm weak.

I liked how it read "About Lord of Ultima ---> AND OTHER EA PRODUCTS <---" on their e-mail opt-in.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:51:11 PM

investigating

someone page WUA

Edit:  "Empty reply from server"  FFS.  Will try later.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:53:20 PM by Soln »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:49 PM

someone page WUA

ATTENTION EVERYONE

THE WORLD WAS CREATED IN SIX DAYS AND IS FLAT

ALSO, SERENITY WAS A FAR BETTER MOVIE THAN REVENGE OF THE SITH IN EVERY QUANTIFIABLE WAY

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:09:52 PM

I can't get in yet, sadly.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:15:35 PM

They really outdid themselves with the registration page. awesome, for real

Edit:
Temporary bug, nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:17:50 PM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:03 PM

HAHA SUKKAS WE PWN JOO

Servers full

Sorry, all worlds are full. If you opted to receive emails about Lord of Ultima we'll let you know when new slots open up. Or you can check back in a few days.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 01:29:23 PM

Yeah, I tried to sign up earlier today. Same thing.

If it didn't have the word Ultima in the title, I wouldn't bother trying again.

So I guess they're lucky that they paid for that. With me, anyway. Everyone else? I'm not so sure.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 01:30:10 PM

It makes me a woman with a beard.  I can't play this game until they add a Schick Quattro.   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 10:21:14 PM

These are the same guys who did Battleforge, which is actually a pretty damned good game regardless of its long-term power and popularity.  As usual, the Germans chunk out small, robust progs. with speed.  I'm gonna try this if I can scam a key.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:29:54 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE

THE WORLD WAS CREATED IN SIX DAYS AND IS FLAT

ALSO, SERENITY WAS A FAR BETTER MOVIE THAN REVENGE OF THE SITH IN EVERY QUANTIFIABLE WAY

WHO DARES SUMMON ME?

I also would have accepted "UO sucks" and "mechs are better than tanks".

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 06:20:05 AM

Do you need a key?  I think all you need is an EA account, like for DAoC or something.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 09:34:47 AM

Do you need a key?  I think all you need is an EA account, like for DAoC or something.

There's a place in your account where you can add a key that I assume gets you in even though all server slots are full.
Even if you have an EA account though, right now you cant get in.  (shrug)

Y'know what this reminds me of is the glut of HoMM: Kingdoms-type (ubisoft) games that are on the horizon.  These bigger studios are tackling this genre with the force lately.
This one came outta left field though.  It's not even on the Phenomic website (that I can find).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:53:52 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 09:51:57 AM

Ah, I don't know, then.  I just saw the bit where it says you can just log in if you have an EA account and took it at face value.  That'll teach me!

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:13 AM

They just opened some slots. First come first serve! Go go go!

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:55:25 AM

SERVERS FULL

Don't bother. They opened four slots, apparently?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 08:58:05 AM

Yeah I got the e-mail 50 minutes before I tried... eh.

This is probably going to be a Travian clone.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:16 AM

Has nobody taken a look at it yet, even?

Unless someone has seen the damn thing and it's super cool, I'm really done caring now.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:30 AM

Yeah to be honest I'm expecting bad things. The website is put together in a pretty shitty manner. I'm almost certain it's not reading my account information correctly to login.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 09:37:57 AM

Well, I'm expecting good things.  Phenomic has yet to make a bad game... 'course, this was before EA got involved

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 08:24:15 AM

Oh jesus fucking christ, this first-come first-serve system is bullshit. I always seem to get their e-mails in traffic and the servers are always full within 30 minutes, though I'm expecting they fill up after 5 from the e-mail.

I don't see why they can't just authorize on a first-come first-serve from REGISTRATION instead of going with the stampede these assholes have implemented.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:52 AM

Okay, I didn't miss much then. I was all sad when I got to work and it was full already.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 09:47:59 AM

awesome, for real
This is kinda funny...   interesting marketing tool

I'd say they've got a large sum of people's attention.  Y'know, it'd be really cool if we had someone from Phenomic on f13.  Those guys always seemed a bit "off" to me, errrr "on" depending on your pov.   Damned Germans, they be wierd.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:57:14 PM by Ghambit »

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:21 AM

Same as HOMM. I'm hoping a big-name company does a web game that is actually pretty damn good. Good small project for interior people.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 11:30:18 AM

I find it interesting how pbbg's are getting bigger and your big-block 3d MMOs are getting smaller.  We're almost to a point now where the retention and profit margins are smarter devving a damned webgame.

schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 12:16:42 PM

We're almost to a point now where the retention and profit margins are smarter devving a damned webgame.

We've been past that point for years now.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 01:08:40 PM

We're almost to a point now where the retention and profit margins are smarter devving a damned webgame.

We've been past that point for years now.

%-wise, shear dollar amount, or both?  [when talking about margins]

I'd say the bigger 3d studios overall clear more money, but percentage-wise it's less than a pbbg.
Even this is changing of course.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 05:46:10 AM

Are people still having problems getting in?  I just randomly tried and got right in.

Why don't you try our other games?
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 06:20:27 AM

Optional PVP.  Open city building plan (build your buildings anywhere you want).  Lots of unit and building types.  Dungeons to raid.  Seems pretty good so far.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 08:50:51 AM

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:30 AM

Grebo woke up, sat there all morning, and spammed the "Play Now" button.  Then gave us a generic, quasi-NDA-breaking synopsis.

Facepalm

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 10:12:04 AM

Yeah I like how there are lots of monsters to fight, treasure to get, and cities to build, all with the Ultima theme.

Mind you, I have never played this ever, nor seen any screenshots. But still.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 12:04:25 PM

I stumbled across the page for this game right after it came live, noting the original style font it struck me as weird being one of the kids that breathlessly purchased Ultima in a ziplock bag that I was now too bleh to even bother registering for this, sorta like all the superhero movies I haven't seen.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 12:24:03 PM

still can't get in to hate it
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 09:34:34 AM

NDA?  Wha?  I don't remember signing nothin. 

I swear tho, I only tried to get into this twice.  Once when this thread started and again yesterday.  I apparently have superpower luck magic.

Now on to building stuff and killing things.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Lord of Ultima  
Jump to: