Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:43:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LotRO Leveling Guide 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LotRO Leveling Guide  (Read 18621 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 07:30:12 AM

Very cool.  Thanks MrB!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 10:21:41 AM

Why is Haudh Icarith listed at lv20?  Ruh-roh.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:03 AM

Why is Haudh Icarith listed at lv20?  Ruh-roh.

I believe that chart is based on the test server changes, including the splitting up of instances, and the new scaling by level feature. Then again, isn't that the rep dungeon in the barrows?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 10:55:05 AM

It is but it is also a great place for tier 5 scholar ingredients.  Just wondering if that will change.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 11:21:30 AM

Can you guys recommend a place to go at level 29 when I've gotten sick of Ost Garuth?  Is North Downs worth the travel time?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:27 AM

Can you guys recommend a place to go at level 29 when I've gotten sick of Ost Garuth?  Is North Downs worth the travel time?

It's OK but at lv29 I would go to Trollshaws.  Not sure about burglar survivability but if I were you I would not bother with North Downs.  It's a good alternate to Lone Lands but at 29 you should be finishing up there.  You may want to do the area east of Esteldin in ND but personally I prefer Trollshaws by a large margin.  You'll go through Esteldin enough as it stands when you need to get to Angmar.

edit: clarify

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 11:28:11 AM

I think you can start Evendim if you want instead of North Downs, which will last you a good few levels. One level and you can start running skirmishes too, that sped things up a lot for me.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 11:39:55 AM

Well, I think Evendim looks great but it didn't really lead me anywhere.  YMMV.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 11:42:48 AM

They do have one of those stupid rep-based horse routes there later on in Annuminas which would be convenient to have open for later Epic quest doing, but just questing alone in the 30s in Evendim didn't get me there sadly.

The level 29ish stuff in Evendim is Shire-flavored, down in Oatbarton and that area as I recall.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 01:33:35 PM

Can you guys recommend a place to go at level 29 when I've gotten sick of Ost Garuth?  Is North Downs worth the travel time?

If you haven't been to the North Downs yet at all, then you've already leveled past the first chunk of the content (Trestlebridge is designed for the low 20s).

There are several quest hubs that will provide you with something to do at your level.
Trestlebridge (although the quests there will be gray, green, and light blue to you at 29)
Amon Raith (a tower overlooking the fields of fornost, with a stable master) - quests here also con early-mid 20s.
Esteldin, Meluinen, and Othrikar are over more in the center of the zone. Quests there range from the late 20s to early 30s. Quests in Othrikar and Meluinen mostly center on those hubs, and the quests in Esteldin either want you to go out the east or west exits. (Esteldin is a ruin that occupies a pass through some mountains). The area to the east of Esteldin is geared towards low 30s.
Esteldin, Othrikar, and Meluinen all have stable masters as well.

Right now, you could fast travel from Ost Guruth to South bree, from there to West Bree, and from there you're going to have to leg it to Trestlebridge (assuming you haven't been there already). Starting at level 30, you can fast travel between West Bree and Esteldin.

Esteldin also contains a room full of crafting stations and a vault-keeper, so you don't have to go back to Bree for those things.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 01:42:39 PM

There's a Bree-to-Trestlebridge breadcrumb/teleports-you-right-there quest I think, maybe from the town hall?

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 02:09:24 PM

The breadcrumb from the Bree town hall to Trestlebridge sounds very familiar. I think you're right.

I think the teleport-you-there quest is either from Ost Guruth to Trestlebridge, or vice versa. Or both. Can't remember now.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 03:29:02 PM

Yes, you port from Ost Guruth to Trestlebridge, one way.  Did it the other night. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 04:57:48 PM

Seems like there is also a Trestlebridge-to-Ost-Guruth one... been a while since I did T-bridge quests.  I more or less shot through there with my guardian several months ago, it's a bit of a blur.

The other thing that irritated me about Evendim and mostly Tinnudir was how I couldn't get tomb-raider sashes to save my ass.  Also, the fucking swimming... but there's a boat now.  Very pretty, though.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LotRO Leveling Guide  
Jump to: