Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The 'Build Me A PC' Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 96 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 'Build Me A PC' Thread  (Read 854022 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1120 on: May 22, 2012, 02:04:37 PM

Considering the 128g SSDs, is there any distinct reason to buy a second storage HDD if I never have more than 90gigs used on my system?  I've noticed with platter drives in the past that they can bog down a bit when there's more than 50% data on them, but with SSDs being solid state I'd have to imagine that is no longer an issue. 

Also, should I consider the 2600k at all for photoshop work, or just stick with the 2500k?  I do some of it for classwork, but for what I'm using it for, my q6600 has been passable.  It's not like it's a career at this point.

Starting a build on paper now, I'll be posting it in the next few weeks.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1121 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:50 PM

Considering the 128g SSDs, is there any distinct reason to buy a second storage HDD if I never have more than 90gigs used on my system?  I've noticed with platter drives in the past that they can bog down a bit when there's more than 50% data on them, but with SSDs being solid state I'd have to imagine that is no longer an issue. 

Also, should I consider the 2600k at all for photoshop work, or just stick with the 2500k?  I do some of it for classwork, but for what I'm using it for, my q6600 has been passable.  It's not like it's a career at this point.

Starting a build on paper now, I'll be posting it in the next few weeks.

I'd honestly have a hard time recommending anything besides the 2500K unless you're not on a budget. 

As for the secondary drive, I've found that SSDs actually slow down significantly as they fill up, and demand always expands to meet/exceed capacity (my Steam directory is over 400GB alone!).  An added bonus of having a second drive with all your games/media is that if you need to reinstall Windows (as I did recently when replacing my original 60GB SSD), it's hilariously easy to just pop in the disc, install Windows and have it find everything right where you left it.

Steam in particular benefits from this - after installing Windows, just rename/move the \Steam\steamapps\common folder, install Steam to your mechanical HDD and then put the moved folder's contents into the new \Steam\steamapps\common directory.  Tell Steam to update and you've just reinstalled three dozen games in 10 minutes.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1122 on: May 22, 2012, 07:15:33 PM

Thanks.  I'll be back in a few weeks to pester you again, I wager.  ;)
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1123 on: May 23, 2012, 08:25:58 AM

Also, some SSD's allow you to under provision the drive and the 'unused' portion is used by the drive controller to extend life & improve performance.  Intel drives were the 1st to do this but I am pretty sure they handle the provisioning at the factory and the advertised HD size is what is available to you.  My Samsung drive had a utility that allowed me to specify this when formatting (I think I allocated 20%).  

Probably one of the main differences between a top tier drive vs. the rest is how they perform over the life of the drive/as they get full.  With prices as they are now, there really isn't a reason to get anything but a top tier drive.  My limited knowledge personal preference on the pecking order for SSD's is Intel 520 series, Samsung 830, Crucial M4, then I suppose the chronos drives.  I specify limited knowledge because I haven't done any homework in 3 months and this market changes fast.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1124 on: May 25, 2012, 10:39:24 AM

My first pass at this build is here, let me know what you think.  I'll likely buy in the next four weeks.  Total right now is around $1600, but I haven't done any real shopping around yet.  It's a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but I will usually get a solid 3-4 years out of my builds so far.  Hard to complain at those timeframes.

The only thing set in stone is the Antec P280, which I've already bought because I had a ton of promo credit with Amazon.

i5 2500K 4C/4T @3.3
ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 
MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 
SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128D/AM 2.5" 128GB 
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 
oos - ? - ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Channels PCI Interface
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W
Antec P280 ATX

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

CAT5 20' - networking old PC
cheap LCD, mouse, kyb, speakers - for daughter's build

Things I'm on the fence about: 

1.  COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO - I've always used stock fans and I've never had a problem.  I'm not overclocking.  Do I really need this?
2.  RAM - I can't remember what timing to buy, how do I choose the right kind?
3.  GPU - I like the 670, but what are the current 'solid' brands?  These cards are oos quite a bit.
4.  The Xonar is oos, wondering if I really need a dedicated sound card anymore. 

I'm not cannibalizing my old rig at all because I'm giving it to my daughter.  Any recommendations on a cheap 20" LCD for her? 

Any advice/ripping is appreciated.  Thanks!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1125 on: May 25, 2012, 11:11:03 AM

I'd look at the ax version of that power supply. Cable management is is a lot easier.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1126 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:21 AM

My first pass at this build is here, let me know what you think.  I'll likely buy in the next four weeks.  Total right now is around $1600, but I haven't done any real shopping around yet.  It's a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but I will usually get a solid 3-4 years out of my builds so far.  Hard to complain at those timeframes.

The only thing set in stone is the Antec P280, which I've already bought because I had a ton of promo credit with Amazon.

(Build snipped)

Things I'm on the fence about:  

1.  COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO - I've always used stock fans and I've never had a problem.  I'm not overclocking.  Do I really need this?
2.  RAM - I can't remember what timing to buy, how do I choose the right kind?
3.  GPU - I like the 670, but what are the current 'solid' brands?  These cards are oos quite a bit.
4.  The Xonar is oos, wondering if I really need a dedicated sound card anymore.  

I'm not cannibalizing my old rig at all because I'm giving it to my daughter.  Any recommendations on a cheap 20" LCD for her?  

Any advice/ripping is appreciated.  Thanks!

Looks good to me, though I also prefer modular PSUs - The NZXT Hale82 750W would be a very comparable option with the bonus of modular cabling (also, if you buy before the 28th, you can get 15% off at Newegg with code 'NZXTMAY12').  As for your fence items:

1.  The CPU heatsink isn't absolutely necessary, but will go a long way towards much quieter/cooler operation.  For at or under $30, I wouldn't build a PC without some flavor of aftermarket cooler, and why buy a 2500K if you're not even going to play around just a little with overclocking?  :)

2.  Almost any matched 1333MHz or faster 1.5v or less RAM will run about the same unless you start going for crazy benchmarks.  I like G.Skill and Corsair, particularly their low-profile kits.

3.  Video cards are like everything else - people have brand preferences, etc. despite them being largely the same.  I mostly look for big non-reference coolers with multiple fans, while a lot of people swear by EVGA's policies/warranty, despite them only offering reference designs.  670 availability is pretty tight (though not as bad as the 680s), but if it were for my own machine, I'd hold out for the Gigabyte 670OC or either of the two ASUS DirectCuII models.

4.  I haven't used a sound card in over ten years and don't miss them at all, but I'm not an audiophile.  One of my machines is connected to my A/V receiver solely using DVI/HDMI from the video card.  If I had to choose between a sound card and a CPU cooler, the cooler would win every time.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:28:56 AM by MisterNoisy »

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1127 on: May 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

I'd look at the ax version of that power supply. Cable management is is a lot easier.

This. I just got one, the Ax750, and its positively dreamy. Silent and far less muss with the cables. Also gold rated.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1128 on: May 25, 2012, 11:38:46 AM

I'd honestly have a hard time recommending anything besides the 2500K unless you're not on a budget. 

Just a addition to this. I got an off the shelf Asus computer at Christmas with an i5 2500K in it and the fucking thing hasn't had any trouble with anything I've thrown at it. With an Nvidia 460 GTX in there, the only trouble I have is heat because the case puts the video card/power supply/CPU fan blowing into each other, so on a game like Napoleon Total War, I get some hot CPU temps. But performance-wise, the goddamn thing is shit hot.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1129 on: May 25, 2012, 11:49:45 AM

3.  Video cards are like everything else - people have brand preferences, etc. despite them being largely the same.  I mostly look for big non-reference coolers with multiple fans, while a lot of people swear by EVGA's policies/warranty, despite them only offering reference designs.  670 availability is pretty tight (though not as bad as the 680s), but if it were for my own machine, I'd hold out for the Gigabyte 670OC or either of the two ASUS DirectCuII models.
I managed to get the Gigabyte from Amazon at regular retail ($399) before the prices got jacked up like they are on the 680. Working well so far. Card didn't come with any fancy utilities like some of the other cards do these days (overclocking tool, benchmarking apps, etc. -- just the NVIDIA drivers for the 6xx series -- though some people might consider that a plus.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1130 on: May 25, 2012, 11:52:09 AM

Get a better Windows version than Home.  You're already spending that much, no point in skimping.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1131 on: May 25, 2012, 11:55:46 AM

I managed to get the Gigabyte from Amazon at regular retail ($399) before the prices got jacked up like they are on the 680. Working well so far. Card didn't come with any fancy utilities like some of the other cards do these days (overclocking tool, benchmarking apps, etc. -- just the NVIDIA drivers for the 6xx series -- though some people might consider that a plus.

Same here, though I got mine from the 'egg, and I couldn't be happier with it:

I'm pretty sure that EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner work with it though.

Get a better Windows version than Home.  You're already spending that much, no point in skimping.

Why?  Unless there's a specific function in Pro that you need, I can't see any reason to pony up for anything but Home Premium.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:59:01 AM by MisterNoisy »

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1132 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21:56 PM

Thanks for the info, all.  I'll tweak this over the next week or two then repost with the near-final build.  Much appreciated.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1133 on: May 25, 2012, 12:43:40 PM

I mostly look for big non-reference coolers with multiple fans, while a lot of people swear by EVGA's policies/warranty, despite them only offering reference designs.
I've been going with evga for the last few builds, mostly because of the warranty - it applies even if you add aftermarket coolers, as long as you save the factory cooler. And I tried going with the non-reference factory cooler for this last upgrade cycle (the MSI Twin Frozr GTX460 as #2 in SLI) and honestly: the aftermarket cooler is worth it. I have an Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II, which despite being a mouthful and not exactly cheap, performs amazingly, astonishingly well and is super quiet. It's especially good on an evga board because they are usually sketchy when it comes to attaching the cooling, especially on the VRAM. The Frozr will be audible and ramping to 60% fans to keep up with the whisper 30% fans of the aftermarket card.

Home Premium is mostly good, but I recently wanted to run some remote stuff that's blocked in that version. I guess I could get tricky with it, but I get enough of that stuff at work to bother at home.

Another recommend for the 2500k, mine's running at 4.1 or 4.2 GHz without breaking a sweat on that Hyper212. Just an awesome cpu.

I use a discreet audio solution (an X-Fi Fatal1ty), but I just like to offload the processing and get a 5.1 optical out to my receiver...and it's a holdover from really bad onboard audio. Things might be better now (I'd like a return of the soundstorm chipset, nvidia).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:47:10 PM by Sky »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1134 on: May 26, 2012, 11:02:29 AM

Another recommend for the 2500k, mine's running at 4.1 or 4.2 GHz without breaking a sweat on that Hyper212. Just an awesome cpu.

I use a discreet audio solution (an X-Fi Fatal1ty), but I just like to offload the processing and get a 5.1 optical out to my receiver...and it's a holdover from really bad onboard audio. Things might be better now (I'd like a return of the soundstorm chipset, nvidia).

This and this.  Unless you have money to blow, there is no reason to not get the 2500k.  Most everything I have heard says that the i7 chips don't really offer a whole lot more real world performance for most things.  I'd only over go beyond the 2500k if I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Same on the audio card for me...I just got it to free up some processing.  Or that is what I told myself.  I also try to convince myself that it sounds better, but it's honestly hard to tell (and that is even when hooked up to a full blown monster of a 7.1 system).  Onboard audio these days does a pretty good job.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1135 on: May 30, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

My P280 came today, I had to buy that a bit early because of some Amazon credit I had.

It has three 120mm fans (2top out, 1 rear out) with 4 front optional bays for fans.  What do you recommend for fan number and position in this case?  Once built, it will have a CM 212 EVO on the CPU, GPU fans and a PSU fan in place besides the 3base fans.  I will not be overclocking and this system will be used in my super dusty room, unfortunately.  Should I look at doing a positive pressure setup?

I'll likely be posting my revised build in the next few days, getting ready for a purchase soon.  Thanks!
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1136 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:06 PM

My P280 came today, I had to buy that a bit early because of some Amazon credit I had.

It has three 120mm fans (2top out, 1 rear out) with 4 front optional bays for fans.  What do you recommend for fan number and position in this case?  Once built, it will have a CM 212 EVO on the CPU, GPU fans and a PSU fan in place besides the 3base fans.  I will not be overclocking and this system will be used in my super dusty room, unfortunately.  Should I look at doing a positive pressure setup?

I'll likely be posting my revised build in the next few days, getting ready for a purchase soon.  Thanks!

If it were me, I'd load every single one of those fan mounts up, and start looking for ways to add more, but I'm a bit weird in that regard (and very good at tuning out fan noise).  That said, I'd start with two intake fans in front behind the HDD racks (they'll be quieter in that position than just behind the door/filter), two top exhaust and 1 rear exhaust, ideally with a decent fan controller so you can dial down the fans (particularly the exhaust ones) while you're not gaming.

You may be able to improve airflow slightly later on by adding an additional pair of fans in front of the HDD racks just behind the filter as well, but I'd wager that won't actually be necessary unless you get some really hot-running parts.  If in doubt, use HWMonitor while you're gaming/stress testing to make sure everything's running cool.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:03:00 PM by MisterNoisy »

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1137 on: May 30, 2012, 08:37:10 PM

Thanks, will do! 

Here's the rundown.  Any last minute changes you would make? 

1. I know you mentioned waiting for the Gigabyte 670OC, but is there an estimate that you're hearing on those being available?  If it's not too big a deal I'd like to just get the order in.
2. Is my RAM decent enough?  Went 16gig, low profile.
3. Upped the PSU to the AX750.
4. Upped to Win7 Pro, just because I'm used to it.
5. Missing anything?  Something doesn't quite seem right about the list, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks again - I think the only thing I'm really unsure about is making sure I have the correct RAM - it used to be such a pain in the ass to make sure the right kind was in there, now I guess it's less of a deal?  Any advice on the whole build would be stellar.  It's coming in around $1700 right now, before shopping around.

CPU   i5 2500K 4C/4T @3.3
MB   ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155
RAM   CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233239
GPU   MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 
PSU   CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750
DVD   SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM

SSD   SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128D/AM 2.5" 128GB 
HDD   SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 

CPU Fan   COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Case   Antec P280 ATX - *purchased*
Case Fan   Antec 761345-75026-4 120mm Red LED Case Fan - front intake
Case Fan   Antec 761345-75026-4 120mm Red LED Case Fan - front intake

O/S   Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM
Therm   Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1138 on: May 30, 2012, 10:51:23 PM

Here's the rundown.  Any last minute changes you would make? 

1. I know you mentioned waiting for the Gigabyte 670OC, but is there an estimate that you're hearing on those being available?  If it's not too big a deal I'd like to just get the order in.
2. Is my RAM decent enough?  Went 16gig, low profile.
3. Upped the PSU to the AX750.
4. Upped to Win7 Pro, just because I'm used to it.
5. Missing anything?  Something doesn't quite seem right about the list, but I can't figure it out.

Looks like a complete build to me - possibly add a fan controller (I assume you're keen on minimizing fan noise based on your choice of cases) and that's about it.  As for the card, I'm pretty sure any 670 will be fine - if you're going with a reference design, get an EVGA for the warranty and other benefits.  The RAM is good - basically any DDR3 kit that's 1.5v or less will work.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1139 on: May 31, 2012, 12:14:31 AM

That's really helpful, thanks so much for looking it over.  I'll likely start ordering in the next week.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1140 on: May 31, 2012, 01:21:11 AM

Just a thought:  Do you have an existing card that is good enough to hold you over for a while?  Because then you could hold out for an OC card.  It won't take too long until they are easy to get and basically the same price as the reference cards.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1141 on: May 31, 2012, 06:51:27 AM

Put the Accelero on it! It's not cheap, but it's an investment you can put on new gpus for some time to come. The loudest and hottest thing in any gaming pc is always the video card. This remedies that issue short of putting in water cooling. If I had the dollars, I'd rip off the Twin Frozr (which is a really good factory cooler!) and put on a second Accelero.

Ok, I'm done cheerleading.

But really, one of the coolest (har) things I've installed in twenty years of building computers.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1142 on: May 31, 2012, 07:11:07 AM

That's really helpful, thanks so much for looking it over.  I'll likely start ordering in the next week.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks!

Newegg is currently offering $15 off your motherboard with coupon code 'EMCNEGJ37'.  I think the promo code is good through the weekend, so just a heads up.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1143 on: June 08, 2012, 10:15:01 AM

So it appears that the GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB are back in stock.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

The listing looks slightly different, though.  Still a great card to pick up?
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1144 on: June 08, 2012, 11:29:23 AM

So it appears that the GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB are back in stock.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

The listing looks slightly different, though.  Still a great card to pick up?

Yes -- if you wanted one, I hope you picked it up already, as they're out of stock again.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1145 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:35 PM

Thx.  Missed it, but that's okay.  If it's that popular I'm sure they'll make more. 
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1146 on: June 09, 2012, 02:35:58 PM

Trying to decide if I should upgrade my video card + get a SSD on my existing box or wait a bit and go whole hog on a new system. My processor and RAM are probably still good enough but my 4870 is getting a bit long in the tooth and SSDs make everything seem so much better.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1147 on: June 10, 2012, 08:47:09 AM

Well, what is your processor and ram?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1148 on: June 10, 2012, 09:04:49 AM

I have a Phenom X4 9950 (unlocked so i could OC if I felt like it) and 8GB RAM.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1149 on: June 10, 2012, 09:45:44 AM

I have a Phenom X4 9950 (unlocked so i could OC if I felt like it) and 8GB RAM.

Maybe a little of both?  Buy the video card for your new rig now and install it in the current box and then buy the rest later.  Then you put the 4870 back in it's original home and give/sell it to someone that can use it.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1150 on: June 11, 2012, 09:04:29 AM

Latest and greatest vid card is what makes a new rig special though, it would be the last component I would buy not the 1st. Get the SSD first, current ones are fast enough to remove the bottleneck, faster future ssd's won't produce the same level of noticeable improvement over what is out there now.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1151 on: June 11, 2012, 10:43:22 AM

I would not be buying a super duper video card anyway. Probably something in the $150 range.

I think I am going to wait either way at this point as I had two interviews for higher paying jobs that went really well last week so I might come into more income and have a bit of cushion to "splurge" on a new machine.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1152 on: June 13, 2012, 10:10:38 AM

Hay guys.

Any suggestions on what to replace my GeForce GTS 250 ( That was a quick buy to replace my failed 8800 )?

Looking for around 200$, as ill need to buy two of them for two different machines. I Prefer Nvidea, and EVGA. I'm just no longer sure what all the numbers are on cards anymore. I can give more info on the machine when I get home if needed.

EDIT:

Found my old build thread. So, im still running this machine here:

Item List

I DID upgrade the power supply, Corsair something or other.[/list]
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:21:19 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
    www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
    Sky
    Terracotta Army

Reply #1153 on: June 13, 2012, 11:10:25 AM

I had an evga 8800 fail. I'm going to make another post about aftermarket cooling, especially for evga cards. They suck at attaching heat sinks. My 460 had some kind of thermal pad that was barely attached to the RAM and there was almost no thermal paste on the gpu heatsink. At the very least you should re-apply the heatsink with some arctic silver applied properly.

Love evga's hardware and warranty, but their cooling is the pits.

Plus, it's awesome spending $200 and immediately disassembling the part and putting it back together again!
    Kitsune
    Terracotta Army

Reply #1154 on: June 13, 2012, 11:14:36 AM

If you can afford to wait a bit, I'd suggest waiting for the GTX 660s to hit the market.  The new 600 series is pretty damn fantastic, my 670 is crazy powerful, but the cards in your price range aren't available yet.
    Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 96 Go Up Print 
    f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The 'Build Me A PC' Thread  
    Jump to: