Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Mirkwood Patch Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mirkwood Patch Notes  (Read 16437 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 02, 2010, 04:11:31 PM

You can do something like 3 skirmishes a day without the expansion? Something like that?

And people are bitching that you can enter the Mirkwood areas if you don't have the expansion. The key is you can't get xp or something along that line.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 05:39:43 PM

Question about Mirkwood:  Are skirmishes tied to the expansion? 

I want to play again, but I think I need to do a character transfer ($25), an expansion purchase ($20) and a subscription ($30/3months).  At minimum it will be $60 for just a single month and all the stuff.  Seems like a lot to come back to play.  I suppose I don't need the transfer, but was hoping to bring my guardian over to the F13 fellowship.

Short answer?  Yes.

You can do skirmishes without the expansion, but only a few per week.  Unlimited skirmishes alone was worth the 20 bucks imo.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 05:52:15 PM

Question about Mirkwood:  Are skirmishes tied to the expansion? 

I want to play again, but I think I need to do a character transfer ($25), an expansion purchase ($20) and a subscription ($30/3months).  At minimum it will be $60 for just a single month and all the stuff.  Seems like a lot to come back to play.  I suppose I don't need the transfer, but was hoping to bring my guardian over to the F13 fellowship.

Short answer?  Yes.

You can do skirmishes without the expansion, but only a few per week.  Unlimited skirmishes alone was worth the 20 bucks imo.

They changed it, its like 3 a day now.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 07:52:37 AM

They changed it, its like 3 a day now.

Yeah, 3 a day. Before vacation I saw an exchange where a dev who'd been out of the loop said it was a week, and he was corrected by a colleague.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 12:58:57 PM

Mirkwood Patch 1 notes up for Bullroarer. I didn't find anything particularly interesting.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=312145

EDIT: No, I was wrong.

Resolved an issue that was causing tactical critical defense rating to affect incoming healing crit chance. You will no longer defend against heals!
Herbalist and Bannerguard healing will no longer be reduced by armour.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:03:28 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 01:09:44 PM

Characters will be refunded all legacy points on all legendary items when Book 9 Patch 1 goes live.

The Nimble Redhorn-goat and Tame Redhorn-goat will no longer require the Basic Riding trait to use their associated mount skills. These goats never required the skill prior to the release of Siege of Mirkwood.

Good they are refunding with so many problems, i.e. lack of 4 legacies for a lot of classes

Does this mean my <35 alts who have not paid for a mount and completed that ridiculous quest chain can *ride*?  Huzzah, if so.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 05:32:33 PM

You don't need any skill to ride the Bitch Horse you can buy at Hengstacer.  My Guardian prefers it to walking. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 06:06:44 PM

Item wear on defeat has been reduced while inside Skirmishes.

My lowbie RK's pocketbook thanks you! 

Fixed a number of typos.

This always made me sad.  A game based on a book written by a philologist shouldn't have typos! 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 08:12:33 PM

Finally got around to reading, and I think there are two notable things in the list.

> Skirmish Captains now have a dialog option that will explain how to open Skirmish Join.
I am afraid to mention how long it took me to figure out how to actually enter a skirmish.

> Item wear on defeat has been reduced while inside Skirmishes.
As mentioned, this is good.  I was not interested in doing any in which I might be defeated due to the cost.  Although I don't know why it's not zero, but I suppose mudflation has something to do with it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 05:15:50 AM

Yes, the item wear is very welcome.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 06:35:51 AM

Yes, the item wear is very welcome.
You can have mine?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Mirkwood Patch Notes  
Jump to: