Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  (Read 407373 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: October 28, 2010, 09:13:44 AM

Interesting.  Could you recommend a scaling factor to adjust the inequality?  I suggest that we start with something simple:

AdjustedMaximalTimeToFucking - 3 * ShriekabilityRatio <= 0

That formula says that if you aren't knocking on heaven's door within an adjusted number of days you're being a chump.

Until more research can be done, I think that the ShriekabilityRatio would best be represented by a data table.

Female TypeShriekabilityRatio
Widow2
Slut0.33
Reformed Slut3
CPA1.5
Convict0.1
Nun10
Ex-Nun5

Where multiple categories apply I think we should just multiply them.  Example 1: Widow Slut would yeild a ShriekabilityRatio of .66, whereas a Convicted Nun would give a ShriekabilityRatio of 1 (just three dates till you are banging the Convict Nun, who knew it could be so easy!).

(sorry Engels, your post just struck me funny)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #806 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:19 AM

I think you are onto something and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: October 28, 2010, 10:41:15 AM

I think Typhon is on to something here...

Like to recommend adding "virgin" as a type and a bonus "crazy" multiplier, though.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #808 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:15 PM

I think Typhon is on to something here...

Like to recommend adding "virgin" as a type and a bonus "crazy" multiplier, though.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Need "bipolar" and "chameleon" on the list. Bipolar's obvious, but the chameleon's are the ones that are TOTALLY into whatever it is their current obsession is into.

You can tell who they're dating by the way they dress and act. (For the male version, see "Randy" from "My Name is Earl").
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #809 on: October 28, 2010, 01:51:45 PM

Also add "single mom" although I am torn at the value.  Higher than slut but lower than CPA.

I have never played WoW.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: October 28, 2010, 01:55:44 PM

Also add "single mom" although I am torn at the value.  Higher than slut but lower than CPA.
Depends on the single mom. Some work out to be "I don't mention having a kid until you're already invested in this" and others are very much "I mention the kid the moment I talk to someone dateable" and still others are "I'm picky as fuck because any guy I date is a guy my kid is going to be exposed to".
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #811 on: October 28, 2010, 01:58:17 PM

Depends on the single mom. Some work out to be "I don't mention having a kid until you're already invested in this" and others are very much "I mention the kid the moment I talk to someone dateable" and still others are "I'm picky as fuck because any guy I date is a guy my kid is going to be exposed to".

But they are all usually horny, or so I have heard.

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: October 28, 2010, 02:01:40 PM

Something to be said for dating women between 29-36, with or without kids.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: October 28, 2010, 02:07:39 PM

Serious response:  There's no right time.  If you're enjoying each other company, don't worry how long it is until you get it on.

Don't you mean a multiplier for "not-crazy"?  Crazy is already factored in to the default value.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #814 on: October 28, 2010, 02:24:49 PM

Serious response:  There's no right time.  If you're enjoying each other company, don't worry how long it is until you get it on.

People apparently minmax EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD.

God Save the Horn Players
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: October 28, 2010, 02:52:35 PM

My wife was a single mom when I met her. She was...very cautious. Then again, the reason she was a single mom was that her ex-husband was a crazy fucker.

I can't blame her for being cautious. As to horny -- I'd imagine that has more to do with the fact that "single moms" are often in their late twenties or early thirties, with the higher sex drives, than any kid-enforced chastity.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: October 28, 2010, 03:13:56 PM

[...]
Don't you mean a multiplier for "not-crazy"?  Crazy is already factored in to the default value.

I lol.   Heart.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: October 28, 2010, 05:47:58 PM

Nice to see someone thinks this way.  I'm just enjoying socializing with someone who actually enjoys going out and doing things that I think are fun.

I mean seriously, the last person I dated for almost 14 months before having sex (and no, neither of us were religious).  We also got married after 3 years together.  It's just not a priority for everyone.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #818 on: October 28, 2010, 06:21:04 PM

[...]
Don't you mean a multiplier for "not-crazy"?  Crazy is already factored in to the default value.

I lol.   Heart.

Ah, but crazy can go so many ways that it's hardly a fixed value.   awesome, for real

(edit: less cider, more sense)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:27:04 AM by Minvaren »

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #819 on: October 29, 2010, 11:47:51 AM

On a serious note, I think it was my 2nd 'date' with current baby momma and previous baby momma. Guess I'm just ahead of the curve, in number of kids and amount of dates to get ladies to get to business.

Any person that uses the phrase "baby momma" shouldn't be breeding. Especially by accident.

Yeah, because I give a shit what schild of f13 thinks about me being a dad.

Breeding is serious business. Luckily, I'm fuckin' awesome at it and have great kids. All eighteen of them.

EDIT: Misread Typhon post.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:16:14 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: October 29, 2010, 01:51:09 PM

All eighteen of them.
Beat me to it.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #821 on: October 29, 2010, 04:13:19 PM

My great uncle Packie had 18 kids and he made a great example of why quantity doesn't necessarily beat out quality when it comes to being a parent.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #822 on: October 29, 2010, 07:50:44 PM

Slayerik is Chedder?

schild
Administrator

Reply #823 on: October 29, 2010, 11:28:47 PM

rofl
schild
Administrator

Reply #824 on: December 12, 2010, 11:29:25 AM

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #825 on: December 12, 2010, 02:26:49 PM

The stainless steel rat?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #826 on: December 12, 2010, 02:51:41 PM

Apparently!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #827 on: December 13, 2010, 05:08:32 PM

HA.  Also - there is no reason to NOT have relations on the first date.  Hell, I can  only think of a couple times this didn't happen with me - just move in and seal the deal.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: December 13, 2010, 07:12:59 PM

The stainless steel rat?

No.... That would be James Bolivar DiGriz...

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: December 14, 2010, 08:36:46 AM

HA.  Also - there is no reason to NOT have relations on the first date.  Hell, I can  only think of a couple times this didn't happen with me - just move in and seal the deal.
I'm not sure most of us are ready for dating advice from Wilt Chamberlain.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #830 on: December 15, 2010, 01:53:13 PM

I don't think Wilt has as many kids as Ched.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: January 17, 2011, 09:36:01 AM

Arise, ye dating thread.

Match.com gets a(nother) lawsuit regarding inactive users.

Dallas-based online dating site Match.com is facing a federal lawsuit alleging that more than half of its profiles belong to inactive members or scammers.

The complaint, filed Dec. 30 in U.S. District Court in Dallas, alleges that the company does not remove profiles of customers who cancel subscriptions or vet profiles that may be fake.

The complaint also alleges that Match.com encourages members to renew subscriptions by sending them a message from an inactive or fake profile expressing romantic interest.

Wonder if they can get the guys from OKCupid who did the subscriber stats in as expert witnesses...

Can't say they are the worst of the sites (*cough*True.com*cough*), but I can't argue with any of the complaints in the lawsuit from my own personal experience.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: January 17, 2011, 02:24:01 PM

That was certainly a complaint of mine when I was using the site, along with that you can't tell who is and is not a subscriber.  Put the two of those things together and I felt like most of my introductory emails went nowhere.

Which, it now turns out was what happened.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #833 on: January 17, 2011, 02:25:10 PM

I used Match.com and met my SO on it.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: January 17, 2011, 06:21:56 PM

Put the two of those things together and I felt like most of my introductory emails went nowhere.

Which, it now turns out was what happened.
Pretty much how internet dating worked out for me!  Guess I'll have to do the old fashioned thing and go hang out in bars... ;-)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #835 on: January 19, 2011, 06:02:13 AM

But when?  I met my wife through it, but that was 2001.  The site has changed a lot and the industry is much more competitive now.

I have never played WoW.
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: January 19, 2011, 09:25:49 AM

But when?  I met my wife through it, but that was 2001.  The site has changed a lot and the industry is much more competitive now.

2005/6.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: January 19, 2011, 10:21:48 AM

According to match.com, you are still looking!

why so serious?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #838 on: January 20, 2011, 02:07:14 AM

The one gripe I have with those dating services is that you cannot specify anything about sexual preferences. For me at least this is another aspect where you should kind of be on the same page.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: January 20, 2011, 02:37:03 AM

I'm pretty sure OKCupid let's you specify, unless you were referring to the pay sites.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  
Jump to: