Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  (Read 409973 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: January 10, 2010, 05:06:18 PM

When you say sperged out I think of Carlos Mencia going De De De.

The difference is in real life I can choke a bitch, while John Gabriel's Internet Fuckwad Theory comes into play online. I already know I'm ill-equipped and unable to win any verbal duel, so its all the more frustrating, especially when it's the like of you who is doing the sparring.

Intent of words, whether it is to build acceptance, fucking around with someone, etc, whatever the social plus that comes out of what you guys do, is completely lost on me. You know this, people have said to my face on here that I have a thin skin and therefore don't want to talk to me. I'm always on the defensive. Only time I'm not is if I'm high or drunk. Then I REALLY don't give a fuck.

And that's why people say shit to me. I'm predictable. They know they can get the response they crave for their own amusement.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:12:40 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #351 on: January 10, 2010, 05:16:55 PM

Well, you're not predictable to me.  This whole Asperger thing took me completely by surprise. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: January 10, 2010, 05:17:44 PM

The amount of amusement I take from your avatar every time I see it versus Sky's is a surprise to me!

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #353 on: January 10, 2010, 05:17:54 PM

I should read MMO threads more. Seems like all (mis)characterizing comes from there. I've heard of this grunk dude, for instance, but don't have a good idea wtf the big deal is. As for you Lorekeep, you seemed fairly OK to me. I wouldn't know any of that above unless you just told me.  awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #354 on: January 10, 2010, 05:18:52 PM

1. Carlos Mencia is not referring to spergers when he does that.
2. Choking a bitch will never help your point is this is what the conversation is about.
3. I'm not sparring.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #355 on: January 10, 2010, 05:19:22 PM

I was I S T J/P (the last portion is a dead heat). I think that last one changes depending on my mood or time of day or something.

You're either Lance Armstrong or Warren Buffett.

I'm the Fresh Prince

[edit] Lorekeep, while I sympathize, I just think you need to get diagnosed. Wasn't trying to beat you up.

So I'm either awesome or awesome? Thanks, but I think I already knew that.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: January 10, 2010, 05:26:39 PM

2. Choking a bitch will never help your point is this is what the conversation is about.
3. I'm not sparring.

1. Of course he isn't. He's making fun of idiots by making a motion reminiscent of handicapped people who can't help but be the way they are. Spergers, seriously, where the fuck did that phrase come from? It annoys the shit out of me that I might fall into a group you all seem to have a strong prejudice against because of a Cry Wolf mentality these people have.
2. It'll make me feel better at that particular moment more so than anything I could say back and make the fucker think twice about saying it again, consequences of a clearly-heinous-act be damned. It's not about my point, it's about respecting it that you don't fucking rail on me because of it.
3. See above. I'm always on the defensive when it comes to conversation, feeling it's a test of my social intelligence that I always fail due to self-generated pressure. This is something casual / natural for you. For me it's an endless test on whether I'm a part of a group I want to stay in or shot off the island from a Blastenheimer cannon because I said the wrong thing. Because that's all it takes: ONE wrong thing at any time and you're ostracized.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #357 on: January 10, 2010, 05:52:19 PM

On second thought, I would agree that you're a very strange cat. You seem to want utmost sympathy for an illness you aren't even diagnosed with. And you lash out and call people prejudiced when they simply say "Go see a doctor".
schild
Administrator

Reply #358 on: January 10, 2010, 05:53:40 PM

3. I'm not sparring.

1. Of course he isn't. He's making fun of idiots by making a motion reminiscent of handicapped people who can't help but be the way they are. Spergers, seriously, where the fuck did that phrase come from? It annoys the shit out of me that I might fall into a group you all seem to have a strong prejudice against because of a Cry Wolf mentality these people have.
2. It'll make me feel better at that particular moment more so than anything I could say back and make the fucker think twice about saying it again, consequences of a clearly-heinous-act be damned. It's not about my point, it's about respecting it that you don't fucking rail on me because of it.
3. See above. I'm always on the defensive when it comes to conversation, feeling it's a test of my social intelligence that I always fail due to self-generated pressure. This is something casual / natural for you. For me it's an endless test on whether I'm a part of a group I want to stay in or shot off the island from a Blastenheimer cannon because I said the wrong thing. Because that's all it takes: ONE wrong thing at any time and you're ostracized.
That whole post is ridiculous.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: January 10, 2010, 05:58:34 PM

I'm gonna have a drink.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #360 on: January 10, 2010, 06:05:24 PM

Oh, I get it. He's joking.

Clever. Oh you! Grin
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: January 10, 2010, 06:12:50 PM

About the drink? *hiccup*

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: January 10, 2010, 06:14:07 PM

utmost sympathy

Just give me acceptance. Don't think "poor you". Just fucking understand I'm crazy by normal standards.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: January 10, 2010, 06:27:44 PM

See this is why alcohol is awesome. I have 1% the angst I had before and could give a fuck about everything I just said. I love you guys.  awesome, for real Now if I could just transcribe this "could give a fuck" to my sober state...

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #364 on: January 10, 2010, 06:57:27 PM

What do you want my acceptance for? I'm not anyone. Not even sure wtf Asperger's is. I'm just a guy saying if you think you have a problem, get it checked out by a professional. I'll also tell you that nobody's normal. Some just have better social graces than others. And if you're someone with little social graces at all, and think you're crazy for that, then you are hardly crazy. When I said that autistic kid just jumped around and hummed, I literally mean that's all he did. That's what his life consisted of. Monday was jumping and humming. Tuesday was jumping and humming. And his 7th, 8th, and 14th birthdays and all days in between consisted of jumping and humming. His parents gave up on him and he lived in a youth mental illness facility. Nor are you severely schizo, where the most insane shit comes out of your mouth, followed by literal poo flinging. You are not that bad off from what I can tell.. So don't try to identify with "crazy" too much. Rather, you should respect what real crazy is, and be thankful you've got more to hope for, and at least some ability to work on things.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15:43 PM

You've left evidence that I can say something and instantly change your opinion of me. People will come by and look at this. Pretty sure a lot of the forum has by now. So, you're someone who has made clear to me the folly of my ways and shown the type of change my words can have.

Yeah, I respect what real crazy is. Call me guilty for using it so casually much the same way any Fox News commentator will throw out Nazi.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #366 on: January 10, 2010, 07:17:42 PM

Umm, hmm? Say what you want. I hereby tell everyone now to not color your opinions of Lorekeep because of anything I say. Cool? Huh

[edit] Actually, I probably misread that. I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:22:52 PM by stray »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #367 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:50 PM

Sjofn seems to have a marriage very much like mine.    Geez.  We don't even argue except when one wants the other to make a decision about something.  Usually dinner.  Ohhhhh, I see.   We don't raise our voices or anything, though. 

What to have for dinner is totally the number one thing Ingmar and I squabble over.

God Save the Horn Players
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: January 10, 2010, 08:11:42 PM

Vegetarian chilli.

No need to congratulate me on saving two marriages.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #369 on: January 10, 2010, 08:40:56 PM

We will credit you at our 75th wedding anniversary!

God Save the Horn Players
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: January 10, 2010, 08:45:45 PM

On second thought, I would agree that you're a very strange cat. You seem to want utmost sympathy for an illness you aren't even diagnosed with. And you lash out and call people prejudiced when they simply say "Go see a doctor".

You think this makes him strange? The amount of people who fit that description is staggering. Interweb is no good for those who want names describing why they are unhappy. Especially "psychological" disorders that can be casually be applied to anyone.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #371 on: January 10, 2010, 10:07:08 PM

Well, it's just strange compared to other people who suffer. If someone is bi-polar, for example, they usually get treatment. Or someone helps them get it. Feeling better is their priority. And they at least get diagnosed first before talking about it.. let alone get angry about it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:20:51 PM by stray »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #372 on: January 10, 2010, 10:54:28 PM

Asbergers draws most social discrimination from people who have reason to feel insecure about their own emotional maturity.  If someone dismisses you because of Asbergers-like symptoms in your social interactions, they are probably harboring a desperate need to be one of the cool people. You just became a scapegoat to hide behind. Don't worry, it would have been someone else other than you, but you were a convenient target.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #373 on: January 10, 2010, 11:13:45 PM

Scapegoats? Tell me you are talking about shit he deals with real life and not anything in this thread.
schild
Administrator

Reply #374 on: January 10, 2010, 11:15:38 PM

If someone dismisses you because of Asbergers-like symptoms in your social interactions, they are probably harboring a desperate need to be one of the cool people.

I don't think Lorekeep is in Middle School and I'd wager knowing what tiny bit about him I know, he doesn't run with people who would ever fathom worrying about being one of the "cool people."

That's nice advice to give to a teenager though.

Really, it's more "if someone dismisses someone because of Aspberger's they are either a dick or totally creeped out."

I can name some sperger types that creep the shit out of me. I don't dismiss them offhand but I'm not going to go out of my way to friend them in any manner.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: January 10, 2010, 11:34:35 PM

He's absolutely right. Unless you fit tightly within the social mold that makes you "cool", people tend to not want to be around you. I befriend the offbeat much better than the "normal."

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #376 on: January 11, 2010, 12:32:42 AM

As I said, there's no such thing as normal.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: January 11, 2010, 02:31:31 AM

Sure there is, but its a very broad category. You have to be exceptionally fucking strange to be ousted by everyone. Shit, being an antisocial weirdo is "cool" in some circles. And despite after school specials the people who ridicule the weird are not inherently insecure or fucked up. Its just a convenient fiction to tell an omega ranked child. Someone is always an omega in a dominance hierarchy, thats just how humans roll.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #378 on: January 11, 2010, 03:14:58 AM

Not that I've really thought this through, but I'd say there's.... "Banal", "Interesting", "Fucktard", and "Sick". No "Normal". Banal, I guess, can be mistaken for "Normal" and Status Quo, but really, it's kind of fucked up too. I've seen some Banals break down before. They are just Fucktards who hide well, or Interesting in denial.  rolleyes
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: January 11, 2010, 03:19:19 AM

Lorekeep, contrary to opinion in some quarters the sort of violent urges and behaviour that you describe are not associated with AS: that's simply not supported by the data.  That's not to say that AS individuals present as placid, Ghandi-like figures, of course, just that AS itself is unlikely to be the cause of your rage issues and pre-occupation with expressing yourself through violent language.

Yes, I admit that - like many others - I'm by default sceptical about forums posters with self-diagnosed AS.  But reading your posts here I have no doubt that you are very anxious about something and I am sure that you are right that you could benefit from seeking the professional opinion that you say you're planning to get this month.  I think that's a great idea on your part and you're quite right in planning to do so.

By the way this is totally out of the blue for me: you seem to have been unremarkable in that regard on here so far as I remember, and I remember reading a few of your posts as long ago as 2007 in the (Eve) War thread.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:42 AM

Diagnose me next!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: January 11, 2010, 03:42:22 AM

Stage 3 herpes of the mangina, I can tell by the way you type.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:20 AM

It was a wonderful feed line and I am disappointed that you beat me to it while I was still discarding possibilites, Gryeyes.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #383 on: January 11, 2010, 03:49:08 AM

< Should really bail on this thread and pay attention kitty syndrome
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #384 on: January 11, 2010, 07:28:56 AM

Scapegoats? Tell me you are talking about shit he deals with real life and not anything in this thread.

Yes, I was refering to RL. I am pleasantly surprised that, from what I can see, most folks here have a pretty open mind about such things.

I'd also agree with Endie that violent urges or latent rage is not a typical part of the diagnosis. Its certainly not included in the DSM IV criteria. That said, it doesn't mean that someone with rage can't also have some form of autistic spectrum disorder. Rage can very easily build up with anyone that's had a frustrating time of it over the years.

schild, I don't think what I said was pertinent only to middle school. I think f13 may have spoiled you a little bit as to what to expect out there in the broader social forums (so to speak). There's a reason I hang out here; it does, at the end of the day, have a much higher quotient of maturity than you'll find on most gaming forums.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Internet Dating: Everyone's still shallow  
Jump to: