Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Thinking about checking this out again. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thinking about checking this out again.  (Read 34097 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 10:30:08 AM

Yeah.  When I get a new job, the husband has said that I could replace my current computer (thanks, Dell, for raising my credit line even though there's nothing on it now!).  That would give me 2 comps capable of playing EQ2 and I've seriously thought about getting another account then or asking my one friend who quit playing to give me one of his two accounts (preferably the one with the healer on it).  If only to have more alts' houses to decorate. :D

There is someone in my guild who can field an entire group just by himself.  Seriously.  And apparently he does it in other games he plays as well, like WoW.  He must have a major multi-boxing fetish or something. 

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 10:33:29 AM

Yeah.  When I get a new job, the husband has said that I could replace my current computer (thanks, Dell, for raising my credit line even though there's nothing on it now!).  That would give me 2 comps capable of playing EQ2 and I've seriously thought about getting another account then or asking my one friend who quit playing to give me one of his two accounts (preferably the one with the healer on it).  If only to have more alts' houses to decorate. :D

There is someone in my guild who can field an entire group just by himself.  Seriously.  And apparently he does it in other games he plays as well, like WoW.  He must have a major multi-boxing fetish or something. 

He probably multi boxes because he realizes that with half of the brain dead idiots out there playing these games, his 60 percent efficiency per character is still more totally than having a number of 100 percent goobers in your group.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 10:41:22 AM

LOL, good point.  Although I've found that PUGs and PURs in EQ2 are far more quality than any PUG I was in when playing WoW.  In fact, WoW had turned me off PUGs entirely, to the point where I pretty much didn't group with anyone unless they were guild.  EQ2's changed that and I've been in some really good PUGs and even some PURs for that matter.  Two of my mythical weapon updates were done in PURs that just happened to be advertising and both went smooth.  I've been in some totally sucky groups though, but far fewer here than in any other game. 

I'll give the guildie this though - I don't believe any of his chars are level 80, or if they are, it's only 1-2 of them out of the total amount.  He just plays to enjoy himself really and not to meta-game his way to the top.  Plus he's in Australia, I believe, and most of the rest of us are US with strange playing hours.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 10:43:19 AM

Blackburrow is pissing me off, I love all of my characters and couldn't stand to delete one, and I don't have the money to move to a more populated server.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 07:03:36 AM

Blackburrow is pissing me off, I love all of my characters and couldn't stand to delete one, and I don't have the money to move to a more populated server.

Reroll your lowest level toon.  You'll love it all over again, I promise!

Having a server with an economy & others to play with  > the time to reroll. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 05:28:05 PM

Yeah, a few just started and most of us who rerolled a few days back are in low 40s now.

Leveling is easier than ever now, and we are doing things like HQs along the way for GSP.

So you haven't missed anything but the initial leveling start.

Definitely worth a quick reroll, and knowing what you already know makes it go by quick.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #41 on: November 25, 2009, 01:08:22 AM

Yeah, things are going real well for us on AB. We've got a lot of our old school guys coming back for the long haul. Some as rerolls, some as their 80's. Many of our guys have been in more than a couple PUG raids and have done quite well for themselves and had very few complaints.

So far, the move to AB has been excellent. It's a thriving server with a good economy and plenty of RP lulz.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 08:26:09 AM

I've never made it past level 20 in this game, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot again.  Heading over to Nagafen that has a friend of mine playing  on it.

Not sure if I'll have enough time this weekend, but we'll see.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Thinking about checking this out again.  
Jump to: