Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Macro (and other) questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Macro (and other) questions  (Read 3439 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: October 17, 2009, 08:32:07 PM

We're loving this game so far. Up to 24ish now as our foursome.

Wondering if it's possible (and how to) set up a simple assist macro. You know, /assist tank - that kind of thing.

Also wondering if there is a really good explaination anywhere of how the stats work and where we can work out stuff like how much mana is generated by stats and Wisdom and suchlike. One of our guys loves to do the maths and crunch numbers.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:40:40 PM

I don't know about a macro, but if you click the little white circle on a group members nameplate, you will target their target.

You guys on brandywine?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:03:29 PM

Yeah, just easier to use a macro in amongst all the other ingame hotkeys than shuffling around with the other stuff.

We're on Elendmir, since that's the unofficial Aussie server, and being on the other side of the world from the US makes it pointless to join US guilds (unless you're unemployed, nightshifter/can otherwise play through the day, etc). Brandywine would be a ghost town when we were on.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:24:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that there are ways to keybind various assist commands in the options menu.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 05:03:39 AM

I play odd hours, Brandywine is busy 24/7. And the Kinship is full or retirees, nightshifters, unemployed, etc.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:51:09 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:54:15 AM

I play odd hours, Brandywine is busy 24/7. And the Kinship is full or retirees, nightshifters, unemployed, etc.
Aye, I'd be one of the latter, although it's looking like that might just be changing, but until then... awesome, for real
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 08:52:07 AM

About the assisting, I flipped the toggle in Options somewhere which redirects your harmful skills to your target's target if your target is friendly.  My only gripe with that is that I cannot easily determine when I am out of range since my wife plays a hunter.  I also changed the default SHIFT+F2 to just F2 to acquire the target of the second fellow; I find this works better since I actually acquire the target instead of having my skills redirected.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Macro (and other) questions  
Jump to: